• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

No, its not that easy, dont give him incomplete information, incomplete information is what got me a outer barrel that doesnt fit.

So I ask you: which position do you have towards the rifle/gun when you turn?

- in front, looking at the front of the barrel

- at the rear, looking tru the sightings/scope

Because in both cases if you turn to the left for example, you have different results.

I myself cant say wich is the way to look at it, so I wont give any info, but I want to warn about the reply made by ManMarin above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKpIhcRs1U

Not much info given though ....

that looks awsome!

Well, that puts some unwanted pressure on me trying to sell my Gen 3... Lol. Who will want to buy my non open bolt after that guy coming out? sad.gif

aint that a fact.....

Hmmmm, I wonder if we close bolt owners can buy the open bolt parts just as a drop in to our system?

A drop in system would be great, but you never know if they are going to change the hammer design or not with the open bolt system.

hmmm that is a fact. I also assume the mags are gonna be different in some areas (although you can also convert them I have read somewhere)

well, WE mailed me back saying that the trigger assembluy would be completely different.....and that they are still working on it to improve the system

Hmmm does that mean that the "new" SCAR will use a different trigger group than the M4 ...? Cause they said that the "new" open bolt M4 would use the same complete lower ( with "upgraded" materials on the the trigger group but compatible nevertheless ).

If that's true they just *fruitcage*ed up a lot of old SCAR users :waggle:<_<

Dunno why, if the open bolt system is that different from the old system they may not have a choice due to incompability....

So it makes sence.

And the open bolt systems of M4 and Scar differ enough i assume to explain why the trigger assembly with differ too

May I add that even in the close bolt system there are tiny differences between the M4 and Scar trigger assembly parts.

So I can imagine that with a Open Bolt conversion, that has drastic impact on how a gbbr would work, will influence on the trigger assembly.

With that in mind I can imagine that for one rifle they can keep the trigger assembly and for the other rifle they have to change it to make it work as good or better.

And i really do want a good working scar system this time!

So as long as they offer it as a drop in kit (bolt system + trigger assembly), do it i say!

Just be happy we will be able to upgrade our old scars in the first place instead of being negative about it even before any info is officially released!

We know there will come a Open bolt version for the M4 and the Scar, we know that they will deliver conversion kits for the old owners.

Whats the big deal anyhow IF the prices dont vary alot, its the whole point of airsoft, tinkering with your weapon.

Imo, I love to tinker with my rifles, its the whole charm of it! (as long as they keep working that is :) )

Edited by Riko

It really doesn't make sense to rework the SCAR's trigger design, as WE themselves have re-used the same basic design with minor changes on 4 guns (M4, SCAR, PDW and G36). Changing the design means retooling, redesigning and recasting, which costs a lot of money - heck, if they didn't change the trigger group for a relatively drastically different gun (G36) why would they change it for an old one? My money is on just the hop, outer barrel and bolt, just like the PDW.

May I add that even in the close bolt system there are tiny differences between the M4 and Scar trigger assembly parts.

So I can imagine that with a Open Bolt conversion, that has drastic impact on how a gbbr would work, will influence on the trigger assembly.

With that in mind I can imagine that for one rifle they can keep the trigger assembly and for the other rifle they have to change it to make it work as good or better.

And i really do want a good working scar system this time!

So as long as they offer it as a drop in kit (bolt system + trigger assembly), do it i say!

Yes a new design can have a "drastic impact" on how the gbbr will work. thing is ... The PDW still uses the same trigger group and possibly the M4/HK416 too, why on Earth would they change it just for the SCAR ? Not only that would mean the price would go up but that they would be screwing ALOT of costumers.

The old SCAR had the same trigger group as the M4/Hk416 and they ( apart from the firing pin assembly and valve locker, cheap upgrade ) always functioned perfectly with GG, why change something that works ?

Just be happy we will be able to upgrade our old scars in the first place instead of being negative about it even before any info is officially released!

We know there will come a Open bolt version for the M4 and the Scar, we know that they will deliver conversion kits for the old owners.

If they really have changed the trigger so much that it wouldn't be compatible with the old one why on Mars would i be happy "just for being able to upgrade the old SCARs in the first place" ? Would you be happy to be screwed in the butt without lub too ?

Whats the big deal anyhow IF the prices dont vary alot, its the whole point of airsoft, tinkering with your weapon.

Imo, I love to tinker with my rifles, its the whole charm of it! (as long as they keep working that is :) )

Well maybe that's good for you but you have how many old WE rifles ? One SCAR ? Well maybe it isn't a big deal for you but what about people like me who has 4 of them ( and i'm just counting the bras tube ones here ) ? And even have some of them right from the beginning ( aka first gen M4's ) ?

I love my WE AR's a LOT but i also "wasted" a LOT of time putting them into working order, wasted a LOT of time coming up with solutions to fix the old versions problems and "wasted" a LOT of good money upgrading those parts ( half of them on the lower ) and now there's is a chance that all those things were pointless ?

IF that's really the case and we will not be able to use our older "complete" lowers on the open bolt versions, that's a serious case of bad costumer service and consideration for us first gen and old customers, period.

It really doesn't make sense to rework the SCAR's trigger design, as WE themselves have re-used the same basic design with minor changes on 4 guns (M4, SCAR, PDW and G36). Changing the design means retooling, redesigning and recasting, which costs a lot of money - heck, if they didn't change the trigger group for a relatively drastically different gun (G36) why would they change it for an old one? My money is on just the hop, outer barrel and bolt, just like the PDW.

yeah, and still the fact stays that WE mailed me with this:

NO, it will most likely be entirely different. But the bottomline is we're still working on the system AND the new mag deisgn. So it won't be too soon I'm afraid.

I replied on that and they replied me again with this:

I have no definite answer to that one, my friend... I suppose you should just stay tuned for more news from us as the system developed. The whole idea of the vids (incl. the Open Bolt M4's) is just a 'peak' of the progress of the new Open Bolt systems for the SCAR-L & the M4. We're still making changes & imporvements this minute....so NOTHING is set until we go into mass production. That's how it works with manufacturing. Most people on the net think that we're 'magicians' & can pull anything they want out of our hats anytime they ask for something... (sign)

In reality, there are much more to consider in the 'big picture' than most realized & sometimes we have toi make compromises which are necessary due to many reasons (economics, legal, genaeral appeal, etc). I suppose the old saying: "It's impossible to satisfy EVERYONE" holds lots of truth.

Yes a new design can have a "drastic impact" on how the gbbr will work. thing is ... The PDW still uses the same trigger group and possibly the M4/HK416 too, why on Earth would they change it just for the SCAR ? Not only that would mean the price would go up but that they would be screwing ALOT of costumers.

The old SCAR had the same trigger group as the M4/Hk416 and they ( apart from the firing pin assembly and valve locker, cheap upgrade ) always functioned perfectly with GG, why change something that works ?

If they really have changed the trigger so much that it wouldn't be compatible with the old one why on Mars would i be happy "just for being able to upgrade the old SCARs in the first place" ? Would you be happy to be screwed in the butt without lub too ?

Well maybe that's good for you but you have how many old WE rifles ? One SCAR ? Well maybe it isn't a big deal for you but what about people like me who has 4 of them ( and i'm just counting the bras tube ones here ) ? And even have some of them right from the beginning ( aka first gen M4's ) ?

I love my WE AR's a LOT but i also "wasted" a LOT of time putting them into working order, wasted a LOT of time coming up with solutions to fix the old versions problems and "wasted" a LOT of good money upgrading those parts ( half of them on the lower ) and now there's is a chance that all those things were pointless ?

IF that's really the case and we will not be able to use our older "complete" lowers on the open bolt versions, that's a serious case of bad costumer service and consideration for us first gen and old customers, period.

you seem to have a lot of questions, why dont you mail WE, I am no WE technician....

than WE might clear up your questions and than you can share your answers here

you seem to have a lot of questions, why dont you mail WE, I am no WE technician....

than WE might clear up your questions and than you can share your answers here

I don't have any questions and the ones i had i already had them "answered" ( with different responses depending on the time of the answer ... ). I was just replying to your idea that we should just be thankfull that we would get conversion kits even if they would cost much more than half of an entire gun and that it was A-OK for us to pay it.

And of course was just saying that IF they really are making the old trigger group completely incompatible with the old one, that would just be like pissing on the face of the old users. I was commenting on your, not WE's, unfortunate comment about it.

Edited by danielsilva

Who the hell says that it would cost more than half of the gun in the first place?

Maybe you can refresh our minds and reply on that?

As far as i know neither me, we or anybody than you says that..

Huh ? Can't you really extrapolate that based on previous releases ( PDW ) and how much the conversion kit cost and add the extra cost of an entire trigger group and associanted bits ?

Really ..?