fact findings:

1. BB chopped issue.

Mag lip (#133) is higher than m4 mag. Under the mag lip, there is an o ring (it's not mentioned in the manual). I got rid of the o ring, and somehow the bb chopped issue was gone as I tried it with more than 5 mags.

2. Rof and bolt lock issue.

It can be related with the recoil spring rod. Incorrect position may cause the rof get slow and bolt lock failed.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone installed the Open bolt into a closed bolt and how difficult was it?

If you mean the open bolt kit it's a piece if cake. Mine arrived this morning from from RA-tech. Its really simple to install, everything came pre assembled and just dropped into the receiver. The only 'work' that I had to do was knock the pin out of the gas block and unscrew some bolts. Converting the mags to the open bolt system is simple too, just replace the BB follower and feed lips/gas seal.

Just to confirm the OB kit RA-tech are selling is the WE one without any upgrades, well that I can see anyway.

Can't attest to the longevity of it since i myself don't own it, at least yet :D

Anyway i've shot one a couple days ago from a Spanish dude and it felt great! Comparing to the old closed bolt SCAR, the recoil is a bit bigger, it's noisier ( more of a metallic sound ) and the ROF is higher too. At least on his SCAR the bolt locked back every time and the hopup gave the same results as my own open bolt replicas, which is VERY good results from a factory gun. Not up to par with my M14 with the Prometheus hopup and barrel but above average that's for sure.

It was overhopping a bit with .25g Marui's but shot perfectly with my .28g Guarder BB's, should be easily fixed with a new AEG hop up nub. The new Open Bolt SCAR is a completely new beast now, but it seems that the old problem with the breaking hinge plates isn't completely fixed. Should be easily fixed with some buffers from what i've seen from other SCAR OB users.

Ahhh ok so I will need new mags / new mag follower / feed lips and gas seal?

You'll need new a follower and feed lips/gas seal rubber thing for your mags. The kit comes with one set and RA-Tech are selling extra ones (I'll get a link up in the morning as stupid iPhone isn't the best of teh interwebz), I think they are about $5 a pack, which isn't too bad I think.

Only tried mine in the back garden and there does seem to be an even better kick than before. I haven't touched the hop setting (turned off at the mo) so I can't tell you how that works yet, at least it's a bit easier to use than the closed bolt version.

• Like 1

I'mma copy my reply from ASC since they still haven't replied me, hope you guys don't mind :P

Hey all,

I'm planning to get myself one of these babies next week. I think this is one of the best value for money GBBRs out today, including the WE G39? I was already saving up cash to get the G39 when the SCAR caught my eye on the RATECH vid....mag dumped 27 rounds (assuming there was 30 bbs, the guy fired 3 in semi) and there was no cool down whatsoever (and this was with the RATECH heavy bolt! - which is in development). Plus the SCAR has full trades (I think) whereas the G39...doesnt. :P

I've got a few questions to ask for those who have the "open bolt" SCAR:

1. How's the recoil? Comparable to the G39? So far I've gathered that the G39's recoil is similar to a 9mm cal gun. If the SCAR has stronger recoil then that'll be great (I want it to be as close to real steel as possible).

2. Besides the RATECH vid showing the mag dump, can you guys also mag dump your SCARs (just in case RATECH did something with their gun and the SCAR isn't really that good OOTB).

3. How many bbs can you get with a single fill of the mag with green gas and how many mag dumps can you do with a single mag before the ROF significantly drops? I'm hoping the mags are blessed by magic like the WE G39 ones that can work in snow (yes, HK doesn't snow but with the humidity and the low temperatures right now I want to know whether it can perform as well as the G39!)

4. Are the flashider threads 14+ or 14-? I've read on gasguns.info that for some reason there are different batches of SCARs (the old 'closed bolt' ones) that had 14- threading, whilst the SCARs generally have 14+. I want to add the VFC sniper outer barrel but unfortunately it's 14-mm....I don't want to use a thread adapter either because it won't be an 18 inch barrel anymore.

Thanks in advance!