Maybe adda bit of electrical tape on to mag catch (not the magazine themselves but the mag release/catch)? Keep adding a bit each time till the mags feed.

Will try something like that now. Surely that suggests a tolerance problem in the lower receiver, either with the mag catch, or lower itself though? Which means I got a bit of a lemon?...(e.g. return/replace)

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

I hesitate to say this, but it might be best to not alter it and take it back. Ask if you can have a replacement that works out of the box (tested before being shipped to you), but I've heard horror stories when it comes to zero one. But then again, some people swear by them. Maybe get in touch with WE Europe via their Facebook page, see if they can offer any help/advice?

Edited by Habakure

I hesitate to say this, but it might be best to not alter it and take it back. Ask if you can have a replacement that works out of the box (tested before being shipped to you), but I've heard horror stories when it comes to zero one. But then again, some people swear by them. Maybe get in touch with WE Europe via their Facebook page, see if they can offer any help/advice?

Don't see anyway to contact WE Europe on FB, can't post or message them?

I can't even buy a new lower, as they aren't available anywhere. I guess I'm going to have to wait until monday now and contact Zero One, and hope for a replacement.

Just seems odd that there is no way to fix the problem in the gun itself. Even if I remove the mag catch/release fully I don't see what I could possibly do with it.

Add tape to the part that connects with the magazine. That will lift it higher and this will/should help it to feed better.

Do you mean the mag release, that the mag sits on?

Not sure I can, as when you press that in (to release the mag) it moves into a slot that it won't fit into if I make it bigger?

Get your mag. Take the base plate off. Undo screw and remove guts from shell. Now get an o-ring that's the width of the wobble you need to fill in. Doesn't have to be an o-ring, could be a folded up wad of paper but you'd at least want it to be water proof. Place it between the guts and the shell, aligned at the hole where the screw goes through to keep it in place. Put screw and base plate back. Alternatively you can put a spacer at the top of the mag too between the top of the mag shell and the top of the guts but you'll need something thin and rigid like a cut up credit card or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any issues with screw threads stripping? Never had it happen on any other gun, but now the screws that hold that barrel in place are simply ruined. Threads either on the screws, or more likely the upper reciever, have stripped so badly that they will need drilling out.

Poor quality metal used by WE? Was about to buy another SCAR, but this has kinda put me off.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just converted my CB SCAR into open bolt one. And i realized 1 problem with my new v2 mag, it's misfeed after 4-5 shots. But i also find the solution:

get 1-2 mm card insert between gas router set (magazine lips) and the magazine itself. It worked for me.

Apparently, the magazine lips doesnt tall enough to feed the nozzle.

That's intereting I did an OB conversion for a friend the other day and apart from it probably being quite hot fps wise it had no issues with feeding from the V2 mags. I wonder if it has anything to do with wear on the guide rails maybe for the bolt carrier as this gun hadn't been used a lot at all prior to converting.