• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

Just got my WE Scar today. Nice piece of work this one. It will go through its paces this weekend. From testfiring in the shop, the recoil is much stronger than the WE M4. Can't wait to chrono this thing.

However, an immediate issue is the buttstock. It doesn't lock in position on positions 2-5. Extend it out and it will retract with just a slight push. It's fine at maximum extension though. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Edited by jesTer

so i have a problem with my we scar. i read through the past 7 pages and i dont think the problem has occured yet. so heres the problem. the hammer engages but will not hit the valve to shoot the bb. i took the lower out and inserted the mag to see how the hammer engages. it seems as if the hammer doesnt even hit the valve at all. it hits maybe 1mm higher than where the valve sits. i reversed the hammer pin so it will hit the valve and it worked, but it shoots like a pea shooter. it gets maybe like less than 200fps. and wont blowback. anyone else have this problem?

so i have a problem with my we scar. i read through the past 7 pages and i dont think the problem has occured yet. so heres the problem. the hammer engages but will not hit the valve to shoot the bb. i took the lower out and inserted the mag to see how the hammer engages. it seems as if the hammer doesnt even hit the valve at all. it hits maybe 1mm higher than where the valve sits. i reversed the hammer pin so it will hit the valve and it worked, but it shoots like a pea shooter. it gets maybe like less than 200fps. and wont blowback. anyone else have this problem?

Oh it's been addressed, but, i think it was in the old news thread. I had the same problem. You have to remove the trigger assembly, and remove a small part. On the right side, the firing pin facing away from you, you'll see a small u shaped piece, with a spring holding it. Remove that part, and you'll go bck to noral. No difference in performance, at least for me, and it worked perfectly.

I broke 2 "reinforced" ones before going to thewarstore's steel version, kind of ridicilous.

you really want to go all out and get the heaviest version of that part, by the time you replace it 2-3 times you have spent more than the steel one would have cost.

guys, my scar got a problem now. The bolt cycles a bit slow and gas was blown up from the muzzle break.

I've checked the nozzle, bolt carrier, knocker/hammer and everything inside the scar and i don't think there is a problem in it. But once i used the mag with my WE M4, it appeared to be fine at all.

Pls let me know if anyone here has the same problem and know how to solve it.

thanks!

Edited by Break100
The seal on the magazine is probably M4 size. (2-3mm shorter).

Scar needs it to be slightly higher than the M4 does.

I tried to put an o-ring below the rubber seal and it raised. Sometime it worked sometime it didn't. :(

Does anyone care to let me know how to open the knocker cover/ firing pin?? I suspect that the there may be something hampering the knocker to working properly like M4 before.

Edited by Break100

Putting an o-ring under the seal is WE`s own fix, found one under my gas mag that came with my scar and put it in my CO2 mag which was too short.

Works well now.

Another thing some people have done is wrapped 3 layers of insulation tape around the brass cylinder and carefully cut the hole out of the bottom.

Gives about 1-1.5mm extra and supposedly works well, no idea on how long it would stay there though.

S.O.S!! I got a problem now!

My bb jamned in the chamber but i also found an already flat bb inside the brass cylinder!

Later, the bb did not stuck in the chamber but i found 2 bbs on the top of the mag broke. Can someone tell me what was wrong with my scar??

Fyi, i have checked all necessary parts such as nozzle, cylinder, hop up, and found nothing special. Everything is in place properly.

So i presume no one can help me....

I'm going to release this poor *suitcase*. After all i really regret that i switch my intention to buy KJW M4 to this piece of *!@#!HT

"This is my (WE SCAR) rifle. There are many like it (without issues/problems) but this one (turkey) is mine. " Unluck WE SCAR customer.

I'm buying my second one- I've got a black one and now also want a TAN version. If they were all turkeys I would not own one much less two!

They are a great product but of course there will always be occasional turkeys. However, given the very simple GBB mechanism there can be few causes that can't be sorted.

I've had a similar issue with my WE M4 and it turned out that the valve that effectively regulates the FPS was loose. This meant that insufficient gas was being use to propel the BB. This in turn meant the the next BB from the mag slammed into the one in the barrel and then the next and the next until you get BB version of mashed potatoe!

I cleared and meticulously cleaned the entire mechanism (barrel, feed, valve, blowback chamber and mag)- even tiny BB fragments can ruin your day with a GBB weapon. I then checked the valve and made sure everything in that area was well and truly tightened with thread lock- because sure enough things will loosen up with a GBB in time due to the hard kick. Problem went away and has never re-occurred but I'm expecting it to happen again (as failures occur in real steel weapons) since this is a very physically dynamic weapon which is the closest you'll get in airsoft to a real steel rifle.

Good luck.

Edited by bbstriker
"This is my (WE SCAR) rifle. There are many like it (without issues/problems) but this one (turkey) is mine. " Unluck WE SCAR customer.

I'm buying my second one- I've got a black one and now also want a TAN version. If they were all turkeys I would not own one much less two!

They are a great product but of course there will always be occasional turkeys. However, given the very simple GBB mechanism there can be few causes that can't be sorted.

I've had a similar issue with my WE M4 and it turned out that the valve that effectively regulates the FPS was loose. This meant that insufficient gas was being use to propel the BB. This in turn meant the the next BB from the mag slammed into the one in the barrel and then the next and the next until you get BB version of mashed potatoe!

I cleared and meticulously cleaned the entire mechanism (barrel, feed, valve, blowback chamber and mag)- even tiny BB fragments can ruin your day with a GBB weapon. I then checked the valve and made sure everything in that area was well and truly tightened with thread lock- because sure enough things will loosen up with a GBB in time due to the hard kick. Problem went away and has never re-occurred but I'm expecting it to happen again (as failures occur in real steel weapons) since this is a very physically dynamic weapon which is the closest you'll get in airsoft to a real steel rifle.

Good luck.

I couldn't agree more and thanks for the idea!!! at last someone heard my cry.

I found my scar's knocker (or firing pin? i dont know but it is the one for knocking the mag valve) is a bit damage about 0.5mm-1mm. Do you think that this might be the source of the problem? Because my scar some times loss its blow back pressure.

fyi, nothing's wrong with the nozzle/valve.

Edited by Break100