• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

Noticed a little something with my SCAR - a bit of a niggle, really.

The bolt lock doesn't seem to activate unless you lean the gun over to the right slightly?

The catch sometimes won't lock back on an empty mag unless you do this. If you dry-fire on an empty mag, sometimes it'll catch, sometimes it won't.

A few times, the rifle has been leaned over to the left with the bolt locked to the rear, and the bolt catch activates on its own.

It's almost like a spring isn't strong enough somewhere in the bolt catch mech.

Any ideas?

Ben.

That's just very weird .... Have you inspected the BCG to see if the wear on the part where the bolt stop touches the BSG is more worn on either sides ?

@L4byr1nth:

take off the upper receiver and you only hold the lower receiver, put in the empty mag in it. See whether part#157 touch the bolt lock properly. if not, then i believe that should be the issue.

The easiest way to fix it was I putted on the bolt lock where the part 157 touch it a small steel glue (epoxy) and leave it for 24 hours. Mine worked perfectly.

This gets weirder.

I've still not found the problem.

Usually, you rack the bolt, and either it won't lock, or it'll sort of 'half lock'. This is when the bolt is locked back, but if you eject the mag it'll slam forward again. You can see, if you look at the bolt lock, that it's not fully engaged.

Weird thing is, though, if you push the mag up into the magwell while you rack the bolt, it seems to lock back fine. You can eject the magazine, and do whatever, and the bolt will stay locked back.

Do you think it's the mag, or the bolt lock?

Ben.

EDIT:: Taken some pictures to show what I mean.

First is the bolt fully locked - to get it to do this, I actually have to push it in with my thumb.

DSC_0001-8.jpg

Second is the bolt 'half locked', as I described earlier. I had to hold the bolt back with my hand to stop it slamming forward randomly on its own when you jiggle the receiver slightly, or try and press the mag release.

DSC_0002-10.jpg

Any ideas people? Tutorials with pictures will win you cyber cookies.

Edited by L4byr1nth

This gets weirder.

I've still not found the problem.

Usually, you rack the bolt, and either it won't lock, or it'll sort of 'half lock'. This is when the bolt is locked back, but if you eject the mag it'll slam forward again. You can see, if you look at the bolt lock, that it's not fully engaged.

Weird thing is, though, if you push the mag up into the magwell while you rack the bolt, it seems to lock back fine. You can eject the magazine, and do whatever, and the bolt will stay locked back.

Do you think it's the mag, or the bolt lock?

Ben.

EDIT:: Taken some pictures to show what I mean.

First is the bolt fully locked - to get it to do this, I actually have to push it in with my thumb.

Second is the bolt 'half locked', as I described earlier. I had to hold the bolt back with my hand to stop it slamming forward randomly on its own when you jiggle the receiver slightly, or try and press the mag release.

Any ideas people? Tutorials with pictures will win you cyber cookies.

Ahhh now i get your problem, that thing ( or at least very similar ) happens on my M4 most of the times because the part on the BCG that engages/slams against the bolt stop is worn out and doesn't grip correctly the bolt stop, when that happens it's only necessary a little nudge for the BCG to slip from the bolt stop.

If you inspected the bolt stop already and didn't found anything, try inspecting you bolt carrier and check where it slams against the bolt stop if it's worn out/rounded. If it is just file back to straight angles and the problem should correct itself.

Where is this on the gun - can you take pictures please?

I've had the lower off, but I can't really see what you mean.

Ben.

Can't help you there since i don't own a SCAR ( and never will ).

On the M4/M16 it's here:

cimg1060b.jpg

On the SCAR i believe it would be here, the wear would probably be where the green arrow points. Someone with a SCAR should confirm it.

wescar016.jpg

So there should be a slot that the bolt lock hooks into?

Weird it's on the front of the bolt.

I'll take a look.

What should I do with it - file it down, or build it up?

Ben.

Just check if it's worn down, it should be very obvious if it really is worn down and if it really is worn just file it a bit, just enough for it to have straight angles again.

Ok, so I took some pictures while I was inspecting the bolt carrier.

DSC_0004-6.jpg

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0003-10.jpg

DSC_0002_2.jpg

DSC_0001_2.jpg

It does look a little worn, as you can see. Not massively, just the corners seem to have rounded off?

I was going to get the Bomber CNC lightweight bolt, so I might not bother messing around with this?

Could this definitely be the problem?

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, how come you'd never get a SCAR?

I think the problem may be the bolt catch assembly.

As you can see in the pictures above, there is a bit of up and down play in the notch where the bolt catch assembly sits in the lower receiver.

As an experiment, I fired the SCAR a few times. No lock back at all.

I then jiggled the bolt catch up and down a bit (while the gun was still assembled). Now it locks back on its first or second shot.

Ben.

HI All,

l love this tread & been following it for ages but now need to add to it. Iam a milsim player and have owned 7 WE GBB rifles, and still own & play with 3 of them all running on green gas & Co2.

As we know all GBBs have issues of some kind & WE are not without theirs s, & keep bringing out new models & appear to be unable to resolve or learn lessons from their earlier models. When I have contacted WE in the past, their responce aways seems to be take it back to the supplier, this si not customer service. waggle.gif o

I have had no end of head aches over the years with WE, but has it put me off......in all honestly NO....

why I hear you ask, well just love the whole milsum thing & GBB just add to that, Ive been gaming/ playing with my SCAR simce last November & never had a issue except for my trigger unit which gave out after about 2 weeks & my hinge plate, I did my own little tweek & fingers cross tongue.gifhave never had it let me down since (same cant be said for the mags, but appear to have more luck with the Co2 ones). As per the real thing, they work better when looked after

Have now recieved my PDW & will let you know how I get on biggrin.gif

Edited by charlie-one-bravo

Ok, so there appears to be two seperate problems with the SCAR.

The bolt catch not engaging when you fire it seems to be fixed by jiggling it about with your thumb.

The bolt catch not engaging when you insert an empty mag and rack the bolt is different.

It seems that, on mine, the magazine has significant play in the magwell (up and down). On taking the lower off and inserting the mag, you can see that the bolt catch assembly isn't engaged properly by the nub on the mag until you push the magazine up with your hand.

I think this is what's causing the bolt lock problems - the magazine; more specifically, the fit of the magazine in the receiver.

I might use that old Tanaka trick of epoxying small pieces of coke can to where the magazine engages the magazine release.

Ben.

Hey guys,

am very tempted to get one atm, just being put off a little by how much i'm gonna have to spend on mags, has anyone tried these tho?

cheers.

Do you realise they are just shells & not actually magazines?

Constructed by Polymer

Suit for WE-Tech M4 Series Airsoft Magazine

This Magazine Shell design for re-dress your M4 magazines to new style

6 Pieces per box

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i managed to get one of these a couple of weeks ago. Used it once and had a few problems.

first of all, the bolt seemed to be sliding all the way back on firing, but only 3/4 of the way forwards. Some lube fixed this but i was getting a lot into the hop and meant hop was all over the place. How much should i be applying? and where to exactly?

No matter where i set the hop, i'd get a few up, a few down, a couple perfect and then all over the place. Just seemed random. I have looked down the barrel and tried to set the hop and it doesn't seem to move at all, ideas?

Biggest problem was half way through a game the bolt stopped going all the way back. It turns out that the valve guide rod (part 59) had come unscrewed, turned all the way around and wedged itself in the back. It's slightly bent unfortunately, and this was the rod that came with the NPAS kit. I have the stock rod, however the stock one doesn't seem to screw into the npas nozzle so well, are they interchangable? And if not, where can i get a new ra tech npas rod?

been checking TQ, just wasn't sure if the stock one is the same as the RA-tech one.

it is a second hand rifle so thought it'd already be bedded in. Finally stripped it all the way down tho, checked the hop rubber and it's missing a small chunk out of the side. Don't think it'd affect it that much, but a new rubber is on the list of parts to get :)

Yeah i did. any reason u ask that?

and i was thinking of going for the stinger one, does seem well cheap, and well it can't be worse than the stock one lol

as for glueing mags, not a clue about the scar mags, but i have a mate who seals some pistol mags that he's given up trying to fix the seals on. Couldn't tell you want stuff he uses exactly, i know for the one leaky mag i got i may be going this way as well.