• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

Coolness. I guess everything that needs to be replaced would be the old bolt, Hop up chamber (obviously), full auto sear, recoil spring and bolt hold open thingy. Hmm. I wonder what the power range will be for this...

Well guessing from the PDW and G39c maybe between 370~>400fps out of the box. A few easy mods and should spring/jump to >400fps

So AWSS mags, converted to openbolt can still be used in the new system... And I suppose that only the parts circled in red are the ones that need to be changed?

Well about the mags they said that multiple times i believe ( at least that's what they implied ) on the youtube videos, i dunno if those are the only parts need replacing but from the photos that appears to be the case.

I guess true confirmation will be when the conversion kits get out :D

thanks anyway for the tips on modifying the scar nozzle. Anyway, could please let me know with a few easy mods to jump to >400fps mean?

Are you talking about the open bolt system ? If so just check this discussion right here http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=191035&view=findpost&p=2408001

Basically just seal/stabilise things, no need to waste any money either ;)

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/frogman-myblog/article?mid=8696

looks like its getting pretty close guys. I've been really considering picking one of the old gen SCARs up and was gonna ask if I should get it now or wait for the open bolt. But it looks like it may be out pretty soon. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to wait and get one of the first runs of the open bolts? Or should i buy the AWSS one and wait to see if there are any issues with them and let them get settled out. I could always sell it to my teammate when the open bolts come out.

Edited by brimm2000

I've been waiting... Since the Open Bolt system was first introduced!

brimm2000: If you can get a good deal on a SCAR, get it. It works great stock as it is... We're just waiting for the Open Bolt kit to make it even MORE awesome.

Plus, it's not going to cost a lot to convert the SCAR to Open Bolt. You'll have to buy the kit, and then enough sets of magazine parts for however many magazines you have.

Ben.

How the hell do you know how much it will cost + what is not much for you might be much for him.

My advice is, go for the open bolt scar when it comes out, you can even chose between the heavy or light....

The open bolt m14 has already proven itself and even the g39 (wich i own and modded and shoot a lot) is going strong.

Dont waste money on a close bolt + a conversion kit

+ forgot the most important thing: the mags, the open bolt versions might also have a whole other internal design than the close bolt mags, surely you can convert those mags, but if they change it internally as well it will not be as good as the new mags.

My m4 style mags suck compared to my g39 mags!

• 3 weeks later...