just replaced my part 66 with one of the steel ones from the warstore and now its working flawlesly again.

I will be putting the gun through its paces at 32F (or close to 0C for you people and your fancy metric). it will be playing in freezing rain with 5 mags so if foul weather is to knock a gun offline this weekend shall be a good test for the scar.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

I couldn't agree more and thanks for the idea!!! at last someone heard my cry.

I found my scar's knocker (or firing pin? i dont know but it is the one for knocking the mag valve) is a bit damage about 0.5mm-1mm. Do you think that this might be the source of the problem? Because my scar some times loss its blow back pressure.

fyi, nothing's wrong with the nozzle/valve.

Try manually pushing the mag up against the gun to see if the blowback improves. test this a number of times. If manually pushing the mag in this way improves blowback then it very likely means the mag lip is not forming a perfect seal on the brass chamber- but I notice that you may already have investigated this from your post on 8th Oct.

Edited by bbstriker
Try manually pushing the mag up against the gun to see if the blowback improves. test this a number of times. If manually pushing the mag in this way improves blowback then it very likely means the mag lip is not forming a perfect seal on the brass chamber- but I notice that you may already have investigated this from your post on 8th Oct.

No blow back improvement by pushing the mag to the brass cylinder. So, i'll replace the knocker and see whether it can fix the problem. I'll inform you later.

Thanks!

1. Yes, but its inefficient. Scar requires the seal to be about 1-2mm higher than the m4`s, this is done by a small o-ring.

2. No idea but I presume so.

3. No idea, some say yes some say no.

Apparently there is a plate with steel ribs coming out but who knows when or even if that is true.

My scar is now being hospitalized since its problem still unsolved. But the good news is WE promises to replace complete upper receiver and fronset including barrel set to fix my scar's problem. Hmmm...what a good way to solve the problem. So all i need is to sit nicely for 2 weeks to get them. WE is the best!

Help from the rest of you WE M4/SCAR users.

Alright found the issue: it seems that when the hammer is pulled back, it isn't pushing up part #66 at all, it's pushing it to the side. Both my part #66's (PMC-T and stock) don't seem THAT worn, but yet it happens to both types. I took apart the trigger box and got my hammer out - I want ANYBODY to confirm that I do have a worn hammer (that small nub on the bottom that contacts part #66) and if I need a replacement or not.

IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9092.jpg

If I do need a replacement, will the TSC hammer that's for the WE M4 work?

How is everyone`s accuracy?

I just tried my Scar with .28 Blaster Devils and most seemed very straight.

No hop on so the range was a little lacking, although my garden isnt hugely long but they were beginning to dip near the end.

Anyone noticing chips of BB`s in their Scar as well?

Im not getting jams or shards of BB shooting out but Im finding small bits in the scar itself.

How is everyone`s accuracy?

I just tried my Scar with .28 Blaster Devils and most seemed very straight.

No hop on so the range was a little lacking, although my garden isnt hugely long but they were beginning to dip near the end.

Anyone noticing chips of BB`s in their Scar as well?

Im not getting jams or shards of BB shooting out but Im finding small bits in the scar itself.

I get small shards of BB's in my M4 and SCAR as well; The nature of the beast I guess.

Have you put a chrono to your gun? To see is the valve needs adjusting. Low FPS on the SCAR's is a fact of life if the inner valve is closed down.

At the time it was firing 250fps +/- 15.

Installed a new part #66 this morning and adjusted the NPAS so its about 320fps +/-15.

Oddly seemed to work well with .20`s this time except for the occasional flyers.

Also noticed that with .28`s I get better consistency, about 290fps +/-10 at the most.

uhhh what?

It's a legit question... I know the We-Tech SCAR is at Generation 3 now. So please tell me what makes it so much different then generation 1? When you buy one are you less likely to get one with a torn bucking? Does the butt plate hold up to what it was originally intended to used with for gas? (Co2 and Green Gas). Do the valves end up bending like all of the M4's I have been seeing from WE-Tech after some "promising" skirmishes.

What I mean to say is.... every single time I want to come back to this lower priced gun, there just seems to be something else that goes wrong with it... I know that some people get loose pins and screws here and there, but that is what lock tight is meant for. Is it REALLY WORTH all the hassle of buying after market parts that are just of the same quality of parts that you just had to replace???

There isnt a Generation 3.

The Scar itself is a MK III, most notable from the different shaped cheek piece.

As far as Im aware the internals are Gen 1, or Gen 3 if you look at it from the M4`s perspective.

Well Airsoft GI and other places are certainly counting it as a Gen. 3, what did they change on it to provide better customer satisfaction?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5899

• 3 weeks later...
Also, is it true that the real steel SCAR doesn't come in black? Kinda weird if I got the tan since I live in the asia pacific region. No desert heh

Now it does... but only in civilian mode.

Revenge Seeker's update on his WE SCAR which be bought in the first week it was released: NOTHING. Replacement stock piece is still sitting there waiting to be needed and used.. Been thru alot of abuse so far. :)