ParaOrdnance Picture Thread

I stuck my para-ordinance in the 2011 thread a while ago .Which was not the right place ,and after some disscussion It came down to the para-ordinance doesn't belong in the 1911 thread either. So I said I'd start a para-ordinance thread. And now that storys told ,I'll start it off. I just picked up a metal slide 2nd hand to put on it .Unfortunately it was for the WA SCW ,and unbeknown to me mines the magna version .As I picked it up 2nd hand also. Anyway after some filling, grinding ,and drilling .I now have a nice metal slide on my gun. So without further a do ,here it is. It may be a bit worn ,but it still shoots great .Especially with the new (to me) slide :D .

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

ParaOrdnance ;)

Well, strange discussion thing really. Modelwise of course they fit in the 1911 thread. Definitely more than in the 2011 topic anyway. It is a perfectly shaped classic 1911 frame, also metal design (not polymer with squared trigger gard and eadgy frame design like SVIs and STIs). Just classic 1911 with double stack design. As ParaOrdnance also produces single stack models in same line … what's the point?

But anyway, ParaOrdnance itself deserves an own topic … hope to see some more here …  ;) I'd loved to get one of these nice WA Paras with classic sights and Commander trigger. But pitty enough they now are classics because not available anymore. Only the modern designs with Bomar or Novak sights are reproduced. Well I see, your Para looks like a nice mix together … aftermarket metal slide for more modern version? I know it this way … classic ;) … only your 1911A1 style mainspring housing seems correct and this flat one here maybe individual … anyway both nice guns I'd love to have:

po2tone_002.jpg

(Nice occation to reference to snowmans work: From his justpistols-Review on the P14-45 Two-Tone)

Edited by SamJacksonFan
ParaOrdnance ;)

Well, strange discussion thing really. Modelwise of course they fit in the 1911 thread. Definitely more than in the 2011 topic anyway. It is a perfectly shaped classic 1911 frame, also metal design (not polymer with squared trigger gard and eadgy frame design like SVIs and STIs). Just classic 1911 with double stack design. As ParaOrdnance also produces single stack models in same line … what's the point?

But anyway, ParaOrdnance itself deserves an own topic … hope to see some more here …  ;) I'd loved to get one of these nice WA Paras with classic sights and Commander trigger. But pitty enough they now are classics because not available anymore. Only the modern designs with Bomar or Novak sights are reproduced. Well I see, your Para looks like a nice mix together … aftermarket metal slide for more modern version? I know it this way … classic ;) … only your 1911A1 style mainspring housing seems correct and this flat one here maybe individual … anyway both nice guns I'd love to have:

Dam my spelling, oh well :rolleyes: .Not being that knolegable on the subject at the time .I though the double stacking made it a 2011 .Thats how my gun was originaly .Classic aye, I thought it was just old :)

You have any idea how long I thought those things are called Para Ordonance? Only as I found out there's a company called AutoOrdnance which which is known for the Tommy gun (Thompson Machine gun) I realized it would be better to have a look on the name again.

I hope to see lots of nice Paras here in this thread. Pitty enough I don't have one to start with … 

i would actually call this thread the "P14" thread as para ordnance isnt the only company making double stacked full frames, yet P14 is linked to the frame style. as far as i know anyway, and im not sure.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All three – classic 1911/single stack frames, ParaOrdnance and 2011 models – share same basis from M1911A1. Just with specific features, developments and characteristics, they developed over the years.

Classic 1911: single stack design, average 7-9 bullets depending on magazine

SA_MS_L_4_350.jpg

Typical ParaOrdnance double stacker design: basically a 1911 with double stack steel frame (they were the first parallel to FN Hipower to introduce the double stack principle for improving mag capacity) 12-14 bullets I guess. Don't get confused: ParaOrdnance also offers classic 1911 single stack models. But they got popular for building 1911s with double stack frame (you see, looks like a 1911, but the grip is bigger to give space to more bullets):

para_p14-45.jpg

The 2011 series can be seen as modern interpretation of 1911 design. You can see the look is quite different to classic 1911 design, various rail and dustcover versions, significant characteristic is quared trigger guard and polymer frame instead of metal. The leading companies in this field are SVI also refered to as Infinities and STI. 2011s come more from the sport shooters background, but there are also Tactical models for military and law enforcement issue. And again, there also are some few STIs and SVIs that are single stack, too. But 2011 typically stands for double stack.

1911_sti_colt_custom.jpg

That's kind of the major difference. ParaOrdnance can be seen like a transition from classic 1911 single stack to modern double stack 2011 design. And there aren't many Paras available as airsoft models. WA was the only producer offering various ParaOrdnance GBB models. Most of them discontinued. And aside some random models and strange mix ups there are way more 1911s and 2011 GBB models to choose from. But I like the classic Paras a lot. Pitty they are so rare these days.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

A few inacuracies their mate.

Classic 1911: single stack design, average 7-9 bullets depending on magazine

First a minor one and i'm being pedantic here, there rounds not bullets.

(they were the first parallel to FN Hipower to introduce the double stack principle for improving mag capacity)

Not sure what you mean by this, FN Introduced the double stack GP35 in 1937iirc, the Para came along in the form of conversion kits for 1911s in 1988. In between the two everyone and their dog introduced Double Stacked Hi Cap 9mm's, the so called Wonder Nine's. The Smith and Wesson Model 59 being the first in 1970, a few other notable designs being Beretta Model 92 designed in 1972 and the Glock 17 designed in 1982.

You can see the look is quite different to classic 1911 design, various rail and dustcover versions, significant characteristic is quared trigger guard and polymer frame instead of metal.

The rail, dustcover and squared Trigger Guard options can also be found in 1911's. And the frame of a 2011 isn't Polymer it's steel, the grip/grip frame is however polymer. It's this two part Grip Assembly / Frame Construction that makes it a 2011. If the Frame and Grip is a one piece polymer construction like the Kimber BP Ten II it is then still classed as a 1911.

Confusing isn't it?

Well, good points, thanks for the addition.

With "And aside some random models and strange mix ups there" I adressed the KJW Para and the Cybergun strange Para model with Para frame and slide with Colt markings and Bomar sights. That was the mix up part. :D

Thanks for the hint on "rounds". Now that I read it it is so clear and "bullet" sounds so stupid. Active and passive vocabulary, sorry guys. :rolleyes:

The double stacker thing seems to have been around the block quite a bit more than the Paras. I had no idea. Thanks. But I hope the interested guys get the idea about characteristic difference between 1911 and ParaOrdnance.

Hakkon: Yeah, pitty WA didn't go for the LDA Trigger versions yet. At least they could bring up a Todd Jarrett edition now that they have a focus on competition shooting models lately.

BigAl: You're absolutely right. Mistake on my part with the 2010 grip and frame. Of course frame/dustcover ist metal, the grips beneath are polymer. Mixed up the terms.

"The rail, dustcover and squared Trigger Guard options can also be found in 1911's"

Absolutely right on this part too. But also a bit too special for explaining the general concept of 1911/Para/2011. I think we can agree on that.

There are custom single stack frames for 1911s. Springfield offers some, Safariarms is typical for their specific shape, sport shooting 1911s sometimes show them. But they are quite rare compared to variaty of classic 1911 models.

"If the Frame and Grip is a one piece polymer construction like the Kimber BP Ten II it is then still classed as a 1911."

Nice one. I like that Kimber version. And very good point here, too. But again, a bit special for explaining general concept.

So hope we can come together on the fact that we all love 1911 design because of its amazing model variaty and there is almost no combination of 1911 that wasn't built yet. And we can be lucky 1911 designs are quite popular (a lot of thanks to WA) in the airsoft model range.

With "And aside some random models and strange mix ups there" I adressed the KJW Para and the Cybergun strange Para model with Para frame and slide with Colt markings and Bomar sights. That was the mix up part.

As the Para Ordnance came about as a kit containing Frame, and Trigger Parts to convert your own gun to a widebody the Cybergun Colt/Para Ordnance could actually be seen as an accurate replica. Shame the cheap *albartroth* twats printed the treades instead of engraving them on.

I love all 1911/2011's, especially the Safari Arms Enforcers, which are back in buisness again. Considering getting Prog4 to make me one next year when my work picks up a bit.

• 2 months later...

Got this little jem off these forums it was in a non-working state and in a poor state had a bit of time tonight so did some work stripping the home done paint job and getting it to work again ( worn down hammer )

Its a WA p14.45 para ord combat carry

before with some of the paint removed on the slide

PICT1027.jpg

and after with most of the paint removed to leave a nice finish

PICT1031.jpg