Real-Deal Manufacturer Enters Airsoft Market

Maple-Leaf

Weapons would be these guys: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatal...p;productid=177

I know we've all been using ESS glasses and goggles for a long time - and ESS knew we were - but at the end of the day, the fact that they cared enough to develop an airsoft-dedicated product line shows that the real-deal boys might be starting to take airsoft seriously... (i.e., beyond just licensing some companies to put their trademarks on replicas)

Weapons would be these guys: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatal...p;productid=177

I know we've all been using ESS glasses and goggles for a long time - and ESS knew we were - but at the end of the day, the fact that they cared enough to develop an airsoft-dedicated product line shows that the real-deal boys might be starting to take airsoft seriously... (i.e., beyond just licensing some companies to put their trademarks on replicas)

depends if it's the same product in a different wrapper (not that i would mind if they do it for less...)

That sig is just a overpriced (waaay overpriced) rebranded KJW just as the Sig552 is a TM rebrand.

depends if it's the same product in a different wrapper (not that i would mind if they do it for less...)

That sig is just a overpriced (waaay overpriced) rebranded KJW just as the Sig552 is a TM rebrand.

Sig has been rebradning stuff for awhile now, they are actually advertising the training weapons on their catalogs that come with real weapons.

What's your point? They're not made by Sig, are they? In any case, I was addressing your blatant click-mongering. If you were being community-minded, you'd have said in your Arnies post that it was ESS and provided your link, not the cryptic "Read Deal Manufacturer". Just be honest, man :)

Its not blatant click-mongering - and the title is accurate and truthful. I wasn't trying to mislead anybody - just being brief and to the point. And my point being that I see this as a bit of an attitude shift among the big boy, real-deal manufacturers - especially after having met and spoken with the international sales and marketing manager from ESS at a recent soldier modernisation conference. :-)

Its not blatant click-mongering - and the title is accurate and truthful. I wasn't trying to mislead anybody - just being brief and to the point. And my point being that I see this as a bit of an attitude shift among the big boy, real-deal manufacturers - especially after having met and spoken with the international sales and marketing manager from ESS at a recent soldier modernisation conference. :-)

Then why not mention in your Arnies post that it's ESS? plus the news was out on this site ages ago. Don't buy it.

Then why not mention in your Arnies post that it's ESS? plus the news was out on this site ages ago. Don't buy it.

Chill, most people use adblockers so its not like he could make alot of money from clicks or whatever, are you so distrusting normally?

Old news because they said they would make these like three years ago; however it was never announced when the products were released.

edit: Ohh. BTW. The MSRP is $80.00. You might wanna release that info in the OP. So people don't spend hours looking for a product that is too expensive anyways.

Archived