How did you get in to airsoft?

tommy89

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played paintball up until about 1991 when I got married. gave it up because a. Got made redundant back then and b. certain members of the wife's family disapproved. One night in 2007 I passed out during a drinking/gaming (Tabletop RPG) session. Got on the scales the following day, realised I was up to 24 stone and at the rate I was going it wouldn't be too long before I was lowered into a grave via forklift. Always been interested in guns, and knew that some really cool airsoft kit existed. I wanted a gun. To use a gun properly I had to get myself fit. Lost seven stone and shoot people lots now. The family member who looked down his nose at me back in the day tried it just once recently; I told him exactly where he could shove his bloody nose. I'm happier and arguably fitter than I've ever been, and the wife is happy as well despite the front room looking like a cross between an explosion in an Army Surplus Store and an Armoury. But I digress...

Yes, I went to my first session on my own. Been going to that site ever since because despite my desperate need to lose weight at the time, the first thing that happened when I got to CERBERUS was that a dirty great big bacon butty was slapped into my hand.

best way of getting into airsoft EVER :D

for me, my friend at school asked me if I wanted to play airsoft, then described what it was to me and I said YES, rented an AK first time I went, loved it, then bought myself a Well L96 and a dboys m4 with rails, it just grew from there...

never looked back...

simular story,

Friend at school (i was 14) asked me to go, Loved it. (rented an AK which kept breaking so was lent a MP5K off a local who was very very friendly

Parents bought me a glock for my birthday

then i bought a cheap MP5 springer (that was fun skirmishing, i got so many kills)

Then i bought a TM P90 (broke before i even skirmished it)

Never looked back since

Think it was because my entire childhood the one kind of toy I was specifically denied over and over by my parents was any form of gun, whether it fired a projectile or not. Also was very much banned from any sort of FPS game, and the GTA series was officially the devil, I remember playing Doom and Quake when my parents went out and trying to hide the install files like most kids do their Playboy stash. At any rate, the folks caved on the bb gun thing when I was about 15, and now I have a bedroom filled in the most part by weapons and gear, and I'm in the military working as a weapons technician. Something for any parents out there to maybe mull over a little bit perhaps.

I 've always liked military stuff, but i never really researched it deeply.

However i had to reseach a lot to make a MOD called Brazilian Special Forces, for the game Ghost Recon.

The first time i head about airsoft , it was back in 2001, on GR.Net.

Looking further into it i started to like it until i bought my first AEG at Xmas 2008.

Got pally with the Educational Welfare Officer at my old school, he lent me an AK for my first game, two weeks later, I had my own P90 and assortment of goodies.

Then I joined his team, and now I help run a string of sites in SE England. Not bad for a four year airsoft life :)

Oddly enough, my first encounter with an airsoft gun was not a good one, when I was about 5 my neighbor who was probably 20 or 12 chased me around my front yard shooting me with one of those clear full auto mini's. Of course I didnt know what airsoft was at the time, I just knew it hurt really bad.

fast forward 8 years and my friend bought a really cool shotgun, and a sweet P90 (well not really that cool, they were both Well cheap guns) about a year after he bought them I bought an abomination of a gun on ebay. It was pretty cool, it looked like the robocop gun, but shot like ######. After that I bought a full auto EBB M92 and a springer MP5. We had a few skirmishes on private land. Then I bought a cheap LPEG, which was cool, but no one called their hits because they couldnt feel it. Then I bought another LPEG, which was the last gun I would ever buy...

Or so I thought.

two years later I found a local forum and bought an ICS MP5SD5 and have been playing for the last 4 years there. My wallet really does not like this sport one bit. I do like chinasoft as they finaly started cloning the really cool stuff, just picked up my dream gun last week, the A&K M60E4. The last gun I will ever buy...

Until china clones the M240 next year lol

i stated off with those ###### mini electrics when I was 14 or so, just shooting targets and occasionally friends..

When I got a job while in 6th form I had a load of extra cash and wanted a replica pistol, so looked online and found a plethora of AEG's, GBB's etc and places where I could go shoot people (and get shot back)..

Went to first skirmish at LFU with my brother, borrowed an AK. Ordered a G&P M4A1 the next day :D. Then I found a site 5mins drive from my house, played there a fair bit and joined the team.

5years later, several thousand pounds worth of guns, and a lot of skirmishes, I still love to play.

Dont worry about going on your own, everyone (well 90%) of airsofters are really nice people and will look after you and answer questions you have (most are more than happy to talk at length about their guns, myself included)

Dont worry about going on your own, everyone (well 90%) of airsofters are really nice people and will look after you and answer questions you have (most are more than happy to talk at length about their guns, myself included)

That's one thing about this hobby that has amazed me. Everyone is so friendly about it. People are always willing to answer questions at skirmishes no matter how stupid the question is. :D

• 2 months later...

I tried airsoft a long time ago, and really started recently. I've been LARPing for some time and we put together "re-enactment" unit of Tolkien elves and put some effort in that, especially in tactics. I always enjoyed guerrilla style of warfare and we tried to act in this fashion, but it was always lacking something. And airsoft filled the gap, I was finally able to use tactics I really enjoyed - lot of stealth, flanking and pro-active manoeuvres.

I was at a party about 6 years ago and my Cousin showed me his springer Desert Eagle, and I shot him... :)

fast forward 4 years and I stubled across Wolf Armoury's website, but been on the dole at the time meant I was in no position to buy any thing.

Then about 9 months ago and back in work, a couple of the guys at the office mention airsoft, and I remember it and go for a game...

Before the end of the day I had swapped my beloved air rifle for a Cyma MP5 Blowback... I have never looked back :D

My friend showed me his springer from a crappy sporting goods store. It...was...awesome.

I got into it so much I bought my own, and then started lookin online for more, and then I came across Kapowwe.com

It had high-end guns, which I thought were ridiculously priced at the time, and now, well here I am.

Few of my mates were into it i liked the guns but not so much the cost and that i used to work every sunday. Had a day off went to a game had a great time. bought my own goggles a bits so i was only borrowing a aeg of my mates saved up bought a pistol and then a gbbr.

its a good day out constantly chatting having a laugh from the moment we get in the car till we get home 10 hours later! oh and we even do a bit of airsoft in between!

i got into it a wee while back, like 3 years. ive had 9 guns in the past but most of them broke! haha

my first site i went to was lindsey airsoft, but due to the long trek, my new main sitte is cerberus. which is absolutly quality! im using a custom m16 that shoots nearly as quickly as a PTW. its great

I first intended to get into paintball after I went for the first time, I started looking around for paintball guns resembling real guns, and google took me to airsoft. I started just plinking with mates on private land, first with minis, then LPEGs, and then proper stuff as soon as I could afford it (chinasoft came in handy there).

Archived