Pistol Reliability

Ghost_Rider

Based on your experience with pistols, which would you reccomend for out of the box reliability and why? PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING!  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Based on your experience with pistols, which would you reccomend for out of the box reliability and why? PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING!

• KSC/KWA
    • Western Arms
    • Tanaka
    • Tokyo Marui
    • KJW
    • Maruzen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pistol owned: TM Hicappa 4.3 dual stainless

Cost: £160 new 3 years ago

Reliability: 4/5

Retailer of pistol:Z1

History: bought from Z1 when at ground zero 3 years ago. it has served me well and has never skiped a beat. has been run on propane since new and works a treat. maximum range with hop adjusted is 40-45m.

Issues arising: None.

Pistol owned: Tokyo Marui SIG P226R

Cost: £115 new in 2010

Reliability: 5/5

Retailer of pistol: Wolf Armouries

History: Bought new from Wolf Armouries back in 2010 - after a very bad experience with a WE 1911 MEU - I have taken very good care of this gun; cleaning it after every game, using Abby Ultra Gas exclusively, as well as using only high quality ammunition (Excel).

Issues arising: In the 18 months I've owned this pistol, I have only had a couple of issues:

> On a couple of occasions the magazines have developed a small leak around the O-ring; an easy fix using silicon oil.

> The current issue is the piston lid has become deformed & prevents the piston from returning properly; in the process of replacing this part.

I thoroughly love this pistol - in fact, I was so pleased with the out-of-the-box quality Tokyo Marui provided I went ahead & got myself a Tokyo Marui BIOHAZARD Samurai Edge too! So far: no issues whatsoever...

Archived