Pantac Forward Deployment Pack (Multicam)

Pantac Forward Deployment Pack

Outside

This bag is covered head to toe or I suppose carry handle to bottom in molle webbing. Not only is it covered in webbing but it's also covered in pouches. There are a total of six zippered pockets hidden over this bag. To give you an idea of size this is bigger than the 3 day assault pack.

Each side of the bag has a extremely long zippered pocket that almost spans the entire length of the bag. The pocket is four inches wide and is not a raised pocket so it can't hold overly much. It is good for holding the random bits of kit you need to store. Behind these full length pockets you have space to cram things down a long open pocket like a tripod or what have you. The outside of this pouch has 9 rows of 3 channels of molle webbing. The sides of the bag have two compression straps per side with TAD style Velcro webbing keepers at the end to tidy excess webbing from flopping about.

The smallest of the outside pouches is at the lower side of the rear of the bag. This bag is roughly 2.5 inches deep so it can store some larger items. It has 4 rows of 6 columns of molle webbing on the outside and is a reasonably standard pocket with two drainage grommets at the bottom. There are two loops on each side of the bag to attach a carabiner. Above this pouch is the Largest exterior pouch. This pouch is also roughly 2.5 inches deep and has 5 rows of 6 columns of molle webbing on its exterior. At the top of the pouch it has a Velcro id patch as well as a built in pouch. The built in pouch is fairly deep but has no real depth so again not for the large items. However the main pouch its attached to is a very good size and can fit both top and bottoms of my combats in it. This pouch also has a carabiner loop on each side and two drainage grommets at the bottom.

The straps for your arms are very comfortable. They are mesh backed on the body side to allow breathing so you don't sweat to bad. The straps have the usual adjustments at the top and bottom as well as the cross chest buckle. The bottom section of the straps have a quick release buckle if need arises to drop the bag fast. The waist belt is very comfortably padded and also festooned with molle on the outside. The pad where the waist belt attaches is also very comfortable and helps lower the strain on your lower back. The two vertical pads on the back of the pack are semi firm and allow for airflow near your spine. This pack is so far my favourite for comfort with a load. It passed my beans 1000 km full load ride test.

Inside

The inside of this bag is very large. It holds the most of any of the Pantac bags I currently own and I own almost all of them. The section closest to where your back is has been covered entirely in molle so you can mount pouches on the inside for organization. It has two small Velcro loops at the top for attaching the molle storage devices Pantac makes as well as a hydration bladder. The top of the internal part has three spots where you can route the hydration house out of. On the outside of the bag at the bottom there are 3 rows of 4 columns of molle.

Conclusion

This is by far my favourite bag when it comes to carrying things and comfort. It holds a lot of stuff and I can't find any faults with it. The stitching is top notch like normal. If you need a bag with a bit more storage go for this.

Pictures

Promo pictures from Pantac the Multicam version does not have Multicam webbing on the outside its the same color as the webbing on the inside.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG