Review: Laylax "lightweight" 126% up capacity 30% down weight

My first review

I bought these about 1 1/2 months ago to supplement my other hi capacity magazines. They were cheaper than the Tokyo Marui Hi-Capacity magazines by a few dollars so i figured "why not try them out". My initial reaction was WOW! These magazines are definately lighter than the TM by a fair margin. They are about the same weight as my MAG midcaps give or take a couple grams and about 30% lighter than a regular TM ;) . With a capacity of a whopping 380 rounds but retaining the same dimensions as the Tokyo Marui Hi Cap, it was certainly worth getting.

A side by side comparision with Milspex brand Hi-Cap (Left/top), Laylax lightweight hi-cap (middle), and TM Hi-Cap (bottom/right)

011-10.jpg

A left and right profile picture of the Laylax Hi-cap with internals out

004-25.jpg

001-32.jpg

A left and right profile of the Milspex Hi-cap with internals out

005-24.jpg

003-24.jpg

As you can see, what laylax have done is take out a chunk of material from the internals to give that additional 80 rounds capacity. For the weight saving gain, they used some light weight metal for the outer shell and the internals are made of some kind of durable plastic.

pictures showing the top of the Laylax hi-cap internals with Milspex (2nd pic) and Tokyo Marui (3rd pic) for reference. As you can see, the laylax has a transparent top and this is also true for the entire internal section of the magazine.

006-21.jpg

007-19.jpg

008-16.jpg

One thing that is to be noted, is that the magazine feed tab is a bit to long and would not let the magazine lock into place. with a quick shave of the feed tab, it fit and fed flawlessly in my TM guns with G&P metal bodies.

Feeding on this magazine is superb and is actually a slight bit better than my single TM magazine. Compared to the Milspex magazine, the Laylax magazine blows the Milspex out of the water. With the Milspex, i get constant misfeeds even with the magazine wound all the way. What laylax have done is spray some teflon on the gears of the magazine which is the same concept as the First Factory Chemical Magazines.

Price per magazine was cheaper than buying a genuine Tokyo Marui Hi-Cap but more expensive than the Milspex Hi-Cap.

Capacity per magazine is much higher (380) compared to TM and Milspex (300).

Weight per magazine is significantly lighter compared to TM and Milspex. I would GLADLY carry two Laylax magazines over a single TM.

Conclusion

PROS

Superb feeding

Bargain (Price/Capacity) compared to TM

Weight

CONS

Feed tab is a bit to long and requires very minor modification

So in conclusion, i would rate the Laylax lightweight Hi-cap an A-. An affordable/lightweight high capacity magazine with superb feeding on a single wind.