JG - Jing Gong M4 GBB Rifle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come half way through that vid he had to charger the handle in the middle of shooting? Is that common to gbb's? =/

Because on one of the full auto bursts the hammer wasn't able to fully depress the valve on the magazine; it didn't strike it with enough force. He then had to recock the gun in order to allow the hammer to depress the valve again.

When the valve sticks like that all you need to do is lube it real good.

Bent valves tend to stick. To prevent bending the valve on the mag, don't insert the magazine unless the gun is cocked. If you ram the mag in while the gun isn't cocked, the mag's valve will hit the gun's firing pin/valve knocker and it will bend the mag valve.

ONLY INSERT MAGS WHEN GUN IS COCKED.

-Luis

Heck! The plastic body on the JG is so thick that I think it's worth getting. It'll be way lighter than metal bodied M4s.

You won't have to worry about the body breaking/cracking either. It's thick plastic not thin plastic like AEG M4s.

I'm liking the JG more and more everytime. I'm about to put my AGM up for sale.....

-Luis

Heck! The plastic body on the JG is so thick that I think it's worth getting. It'll be way lighter than metal bodied M4s.

You won't have to worry about the body breaking/cracking either. It's thick plastic not thin plastic like AEG M4s.

I'm liking the JG more and more everytime. I'm about to put my AGM up for sale.....

-Luis

I am actually worried about the area of the lower receiver where the firing block sits on. Every time the bolt locks back, the bolt slams onto the bolt catch...the bolt catch is attached to the firing block, and the firing block sits on plastic.

I'm happy with my AGM. Its shooting very nice after some tinkering around with. 200 foot shots...precision and accuracy like AEG. Its a competitive piece.

Still, if you disconnect the bolt stop feature and use 134a or duster, the gun hopefully will run just fine :P

I am actually worried about the area of the lower receiver where the firing block sits on. Every time the bolt locks back, the bolt slams onto the bolt catch...the bolt catch is attached to the firing block, and the firing block sits on plastic.

I'm happy with my AGM. Its shooting very nice after some tinkering around with. 200 foot shots...precision and accuracy like AEG. Its a competitive piece.

Still, if you disconnect the bolt stop feature and use 134a or duster, the gun hopefully will run just fine :P

Good point but a locked bolt carrier doesn't put that much pressure on the lower reciever area of the firing block.

-Luis

Nice pics and video KWP!

How's the quality of the bolt carrier? Especially the area that engages the bolt catch. Does that little area stick to a magnet? I'm curious because if that part isn't steel then and since the JG bolt catch works all the time then the bolt carrier is going to wear down alot. To the point where it won't catch anymore. However it looks way better than an AGM so no worries...

-Luis

Glad you like them. There's no tiny steel piece on the bolt carrier, only the bolt stop has it.

As for shipping, US$58 is the actual no-nonsense shipping via EMS Speedpost from Hong Kong to the USA for the JG.

Anything beyond is the retailer's hidden rip-off margin.

Edited by KWP
Glad you like them. There's no tiny steel piece on the bolt carrier, only the bolt stop has it.

As for shipping, US$58 is the actual no-nonsense shipping via EMS Speedpost from Hong Kong to the USA for the JG.

Anything beyond is the retailer's hidden rip-off margin.

but it varies depending on which coast you send it to right? I mean I assume it is cheaper to ship it to California than New York.

Looks pretty cool...and very cheap.

KWP, do you know (or can you test) if WA upgrade bolt parts will fit? You said the AGM bolt carrier group was a bit too tight, and since that's a clone of the WA and the RA Tech bolt carrier group is a clone of that too that basically any other BCG is going to be too tight?

Essentially what I'm getting at is: Can I buy the JG and drop in an RA Tech NPAS? Whether it's just the RA Tech NPAS nozzle or the entire bolt carrier set, it'd be nice to know.

Looks pretty cool...and very cheap.

KWP, do you know (or can you test) if WA upgrade bolt parts will fit? You said the AGM bolt carrier group was a bit too tight, and since that's a clone of the WA and the RA Tech bolt carrier group is a clone of that too that basically any other BCG is going to be too tight?

depends on where its sticking and by how much - the AGM is around a 10th and 5th of a mm wider than the RA-T one at two points along its length (very front of it and at the rear) whereas the RAT is around a 10th of a mm wider than the AGM midway along its legth

Something's not right. At US$110 they actually pay you to buy it. :huh:

Ive bought a lot of stuff from Rsov, so I got a tiny discount, but I think most people do?

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that they have a fixed version coming up, might have something to do with the bodged trademarks?

Wonder how the quality is compared to a original WA?

thanks for the beautiful review ... it really makes me want one ...

you guys should be thankful that airsoft is legal in your country ... in mine, they are something in between (grey area) ...

so the price is quite high ... AGM GBBR is around 280 USD here ... WE SCAR is 480 USD

I'm glad I did not buy AGM ... and now waiting for this JG ... hopefully it comes below USD 200 (which certainly won't)

hopefully they will release the metal bodied version soon ... (THEY WILL, you know)