JG - Jing Gong M4 GBB Rifle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the beautiful review ... it really makes me want one ...

you guys should be thankful that airsoft is legal in your country ... in mine, they are something in between (grey area) ...

so the price is quite high ... AGM GBBR is around 280 USD here ... WE SCAR is 480 USD

I'm glad I did not buy AGM ... and now waiting for this JG ... hopefully it comes below USD 200 (which certainly won't)

hopefully they will release the metal bodied version soon ... (THEY WILL, you know)

At least it's GREY area!

Be thankful,it's can be worse.

Y'know...like (wink wink..) your neighbors...including the one has compulsory military service

("here,this is how u use the m16 and this is how u fight as a platoon but we can't trust u on playing airsoft.").

Stop complaining,just go ahead enjoy and improve quality of your game.

You are actually very lucky.

Cheers.

:D

KWP, any feedback from your friend on the JG mag so far? Anything of concern? A lightened mag is good news but it makes one question the durability.

AFAIK, seems like an all better AGM style mag.

2 new videos:

JG BCG inside the AGM:

JG Mag in the AGM:

At least it's GREY area!

Be thankful,it's can be worse.

Y'know...like (wink wink..) your neighbors...including the one has compulsory military service

("here,this is how u use the m16 and this is how u fight as a platoon but we can't trust u on playing airsoft.").

Stop complaining,just go ahead enjoy and improve quality of your game.

You are actually very lucky.

Cheers.

:D

you really got me there :D

I will be more lucky if the price here is reasonable ... hopefully it will :D

cheers

AFAIK, seems like an all better AGM style mag.

2 new videos:

JG BCG inside the AGM:

JG Mag in the AGM:

That JG Bolt Carrier Group looks very nice for a stock one. Definitely looks better than the horrible AGM BCG...

Also, that mag looks like a heavy AGM magazine since it's pretty dark and has 7 pins instead of the lightweight mags which have 3-4 pins instead.....

Either way KWP can you please ask PX-Airsoft personally if they're going to start selling the complete JG BCGs?

Thanks,

-Luis

I've read this topic inside and out. I only have a few questions.

What parts have you had to replace so far? Like parts broke on the AGM after 500 rounds.

Is this a better functioning weapon than the AGM? Like will it last longer despite the ABS body?

Is it compatible with WA externals? Like outer barrels.

And does it jam or lock up often??

I've read this topic inside and out. I only have a few questions.

What parts have you had to replace so far? Like parts broke on the AGM after 500 rounds.

Is this a better functioning weapon than the AGM? Like will it last longer despite the ABS body?

Is it compatible with WA externals? Like outer barrels.

And does it jam or lock up often??

I don't own the JG but I can answer those questions.

So far on my AGM I've replaced all of the lower receiver parts with steel ones. You'll also need a steel bolt carrier and an aluminum nozzle if you want to run green gas/propane. Basically get the RA-Tech NPAS BCG for $260.

The AGM functions fine while it lasts. The problem is that it only lasts like 1000 rounds....... The ABS body is fine on the JG. It only makes the gun lighter and sound less metallic. It doesn't affect anything else though. It's really thick plastic so it'll last.

Yes it is compatible with WA parts.

From what I've seen the JG stops firing out of nowhere sometimes because the hammer can't fully depress the valve on the magazine. That's why you see people having to pull the charging handle in the middle of shooting. I'd get a stronger hammer spring and oil the magazine valve.

-Luis

I don't own the JG but I can answer those questions.

So far on my AGM I've replaced all of the lower receiver parts with steel ones. You'll also need a steel bolt carrier and an aluminum nozzle if you want to run green gas/propane. Basically get the RA-Tech NPAS BCG for $260.

The AGM functions fine while it lasts. The problem is that it only lasts like 1000 rounds....... The ABS body is fine on the JG. It only makes the gun lighter and sound less metallic. It doesn't affect anything else though. It's really thick plastic so it'll last.

Yes it is compatible with WA parts.

From what I've seen the JG stops firing out of nowhere sometimes because the hammer can't fully depress the valve on the magazine. That's why you see people having to pull the charging handle in the middle of shooting. I'd get a stronger hammer spring and oil the magazine valve.

-Luis

Where can you buy the hammer spring?

And what parts would you need to buy on the JG?

Where can you buy the hammer spring?

And what parts would you need to buy on the JG?

Here's the 120% hammer spring: http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...863587593072564

The most notorious part on all WA M4 type rifles is part #2. The back of the loading nozzle. It tends to crack off.

I'd get an RA-Tech NPAS, the $60 part that goes into the back of the plastic loading nozzle. It'll take the shock of getting smacked into the back of the bolt carrier and you'll get adjustable FPS. You can also get a $30 aluminum part #2 if you don't want an NPAS.

NPAS Part#2: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27475

Next part I'd get would probably be a hop-up chamber(if you're not satisfied w/ the stock one) and/or a steel hammer.

Other than than that, your gun should be good to go for quite a while.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
thanks for the beautiful review ... it really makes me want one ...

you guys should be thankful that airsoft is legal in your country ... in mine, they are something in between (grey area) ...

so the price is quite high ... AGM GBBR is around 280 USD here ... WE SCAR is 480 USD

I'm glad I did not buy AGM ... and now waiting for this JG ... hopefully it comes below USD 200 (which certainly won't)

hopefully they will release the metal bodied version soon ... (THEY WILL, you know)

well, we meet again brah! and in the same product review!

ithink i'll stick to the abs reciever for tha price, about the "grey area" matter, it's nothing we should worry about.. (for now)

Lol, spent an hour reading all this great news, Almost forgot why I came here.

Gunners is carrying a replacement Marine trademarked Metal Lower reciver.. Maybe better replacements for that JG..

Also, I say the nozzle is brass on the JG, Is that "Part #2" metal aswell?..

So far mate You've put replacements worth 260$ into rif worth 120$ ? :o Would'nt be cheaper buy two rif's ? :D

So far mate You've put replacements worth 260$ into rif worth 120$ ? :o Would'nt be cheaper buy two rif's ? :D

No, I bought my AGM M4 GBBR for $150.

I plan to buy a $260 part.

I don't want to buy to rifles because I'd rather have one that'll last for a long time with very good performance.

-Luis

Welp, just ordered mine. Thanks again for the review! I'll let you guys know how it is.

Please do. Would be nice to see the bolt/air nozzle more in detail to see where exactly its reinforced if at all.

Could anyone compare the thickness of both the JG and the AGM air nozzle? Despite all of the quirks of the WA system, this looks like fun to mess around with for only $130 shipped.

If it helps, I've heard the Classic Army version shaved off a couple of ounces. But still, I'd go with the G&P DMR. It looks more balanced and offers a pistol grip. But back to the JG.

Could anyone compare the thickness of both the JG and the AGM air nozzle? Despite all of the quirks of the WA system, this looks like fun to mess around with for only $130 shipped.

Shouldn't differ too much...

The materials might though. The JG has the nice brass nozzle...

-Luis

Shouldn't differ too much...

The materials might though. The JG has the nice brass nozzle...

-Luis

do us a favour until you've actually got one quit speculating on wether the gun is nice or not - wether its misfiring because the hammer spring is too weak, wether the thick plastic body is strong enough or the brass nozzle is nice arent things you can assess from photos or a short youtube video where the gun needs its bolt racked.

This is meant to be a review thread, not your guess as to wether something is better or worse based on a fleeting impression. Its not helpful and its going to be potentially confusing for a casual reader who takes that as being something you've concluded from actual hands on experience with the part.

For all we know the nice brass nozzle could just as easily be too thin, or badly fixed into the plastic nozzle and thus utterly *suitcase*. As you dont have one to lay hands on compare and test you dont know.

So lets wait till someone buys one and puts some hands on rounds thru it and updates their results

(more to the point wether it is nicer or not its going to be little consolation if the rear of the nozzle tube its fitted in self destructs just as quickly as most of the other plastic nozzle tubes do...)

The amount of speculation guesswork and plain wrong info on these gas in mag guns is already at a stage where its a nightmare to pick hard info out from the noise. Lets not add more to it.

do us a favour until you've actually got one quit speculating on wether the gun is nice or not - wether its misfiring because the hammer spring is too weak, wether the thick plastic body is strong enough or the brass nozzle is nice arent things you can assess from photos or a short youtube video where the gun needs its bolt racked.

This is meant to be a review thread, not your guess as to wether something is better or worse based on a fleeting impression. Its not helpful and its going to be potentially confusing for a casual reader who takes that as being something you've concluded from actual hands on experience with the part.

For all we know the nice brass nozzle could just as easily be too thin, or badly fixed into the plastic nozzle and thus utterly *suitcase*. As you dont have one to lay hands on compare and test you dont know.

So lets wait till someone buys one and puts some hands on rounds thru it and updates their results

(more to the point wether it is nicer or not its going to be little consolation if the rear of the nozzle tube its fitted in self destructs just as quickly as most of the other plastic nozzle tubes do...)

The amount of speculation guesswork and plain wrong info on these gas in mag guns is already at a stage where its a nightmare to pick hard info out from the noise. Lets not add more to it.

Well the spring on the hammer is too weak. All you need to do is get a dirt cheap 120% hammer spring.

I'd rahter have to replace a hammer spring then a whole loading nozzle right away.

And all we can do until someone confirms everything is speculate. Apparently some people have received theirs but do not want to post up so we'll SPECULATE all we want.

I don't see why you have to get all mad about it. You should get more mad at the people that don't want to post up information about the gun. It's not like it came out yesterday......

Whether someone believes the speculation then that's their choice.

Frankly, I wish I hadn't bought my AGM. I would of bought the JG instead.

JG has a lighter mag too.

-Luis