JG - Jing Gong M4 GBB Rifle

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got the rifle a couple days ago from RSOV, good news is that the trades came with just tape which came off easily. The gun is really hefty and it feels like the magazine weighs almost as much as the gun, and if you take the magazine and bolt carrier group out of the gun it weighs almost nothing. It's very high quality plastic all the way around and for ~$120 shipped for the gun it was a steal. GBBr's are so much more interesting to handle than AEG's, I find myself disassembling it and reassembling just because of how simple and neat it is.

A couple issues I've had are some misfeeds here and there, the magazine leaks (expected that), has some weird issues with full auto sometimes like uncocking itself after a few shots, and the bolt catch worked maybe 4 or 5 times before it was shredded. The actual assembly is made of steel but there is a small square sliver on the end made of plastic that actually is what the bolt stops back on. Of course after a few catches this piece gets worn down to the point it wont catch with the mag but does work if you manually pull the bolt back and fiddle with the bolt release button you can get it to lock. I assume this is because the loading nozzle is made of plastic so if it had a steel bolt catch piece locking it all the time it would shred it, and I would much rather have a working gun with no bolt lock than the reverse.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately I dont have the gun at this time, but hypothetically what parts could be causing this problem? do you think its as simple as a deformed selector? I may just end up replacing all the parts with ACM steel parts anyway but i have heard that the JG parts are much better made than the AGM parts and do not need to be replaced out of the box.

• 2 months later...

So a local (Hawaii) airsofter who recently went to HK and came back with a bunch of toys claims that his METAL GBBR is a JG M4. It has a short barrel and an RIS. I wasn't allowed to crack it open to look at it (yeah...that is what makes me doubt it is a JG), but it did for sure have a JG magazine and bolt carrier group. Initially I wrote it off as a WE M4 CQB rolling my eyes at the whole affair. Then he cocked it. Its' bolt chamber lacked the copper assembly of the WE and it had trades (Awful ones...) on the metal body. I really want this to be true, but I cannot believe that these are not everywhere for sale if they are indeed JG made. I hope it is just some kit bodge that he threw together because if it is not then where the heck are they!?! He isn't saying where he got it and has gone all smug about the whole thing. Can anyone tell me where these are? Otherwise I am calling shenanigans and going back to my general assumption that it is some weird combination of a metal body kit from somewhere, a plastic JG M4 and a shorter inner barrel job.

How are your guys' magazines holding up? PxAirsoft has them for sale for $36 a pop.

Buy as many as you can as quick as you can. I love those JG mags. Finially they're availible. I'm picking some up for sure.

Mind throwin me a link? I'm having some difficulty finding Pxairsoft

Edited by Ion
  • 1 year later...