Noname Mp5SD5 LPEG

Well, found this festering in my hard drive, I wrote it up about a year or two ago.

Enjoy.

PART ONE, GO! FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!

Airsoft Review – MP5 SD6 (unknown brand)

cheapmp5sd10ws.jpg

I must say now that I am attracted to cheap airsoft guns. So when I saw this inconspicuous little brown box with a price tag of $189 HKD (bout ₤12.60p) I just had to have it.

I managed to sneak it home past my parents (strictly ‘anti-airsoft-you’ll-be-mistaken-for-a-robber-and-shot-in-the-face-even-though-there-are-50,000-other-people-in-Hong-Kong-who-play-with-them’ people, I’m afraid).

Anyhow, I suspect that the manufacturers of this piece were copying Tokyo Marui, since the Manual seems to be copied off a real Marui manual with slight modifications. Also, this gun is remarkably similar to a real TM MP5SD6, which I borrowed off a friend at a wargame when my CA33e (sadly sold on) broke.

First off, the contents of the box.

cheapmp5sd61ou.jpg

The box contains:

- The mp5 itself

- The suppressor

- A bag of terrible crappy quality bbs

- A magazine

- A charger

- A sling

- A cleaning rod

- A battery

- A bb loader (rod and plunger)

The mp5 comes with a naff front end. I don’t think that there is a real-steel counterpart, if you can find it, email me.

cheapmp5sd372os.jpg

Naff-ness

Fortunately, this can be replaced with the proper suppressor:

cheapmp5sd254cc.jpg

I don’t think the suppressor makes much of a difference. It does have some stuff inside (not foam), and it seems to reduce the noise slightly, but most of the noise (of which there is lots) comes from the gearbox anyway.

The gun is completely made out of plastic, pretty cheap plastic at that. It is very light, but it should be sturdy enough for harmless plinking.

Interestingly, the extendable stock does work, just like the TM version! Another pleasant surprise is that the rear sight can also rotate, again just like the TM version, revealing 4 different openings to aim with.

cheapmp5sd337il.jpgcheapmp5sd329kh.jpg

Stock half extended and fully extended

cheapmp5sd319ut.jpg

Rotating rear sight

END OF PART ONE. PEACE WAS SHOT.

Edited by DarkLite

PART TWO, AVANTI!

The battery fits in the foregrip. It barely fits. It’s a 7.2v 800mAh battery with 6 cells. To get it in, first remove two little tabs from the foregrip, just under the cocking tube:

cheapmp5sd213kx.jpg

Then, simply slide the foregrip forwards:

cheapmp5sd204ux.jpg

Fit the battery in somehow and you’re ready to fire!

cheapmp5sd182qo.jpgcheapmp5sd228sx.jpg

Apologies for fuzziness, my camera is ######

The magazine seems to be a copy of a TM mp5 low-cap. In fact, I think that it might be possible to use a real TM mp5 mag in this gun.

cheapmp5sd393dp.jpg

cheapmp5sd407gn.jpg

I takes 24 rounds, which is exactly the capacity of the loading rod:

cheapmp5sd108wt.jpg

I threw the horrible orange bbs away and loaded it up with some HFC super grade .12g bbs. However, the mag doesn’t click audiably when it locks inside the gun, so I had to keep checking. It fits fine, but there is no clear indication that it is in fact in.

Then I was ready to go. I haven’t got a chronograph, but using the coke can test I guess the gun fires at about 150-200 fps. Bit disappointing, but perfect for plinking about. However, the gearbox is very loud, and there is no hop up. None at all, so the bbs go for about 20ft before starting to plummet. Oh well, I suppose I could add a primitive hop-up to it, given the time.

The selector switch is just like the Marui one, very twiddly and weak. It doesn’t give you any feedback as to which position it’s on. However, it does give you the option of full auto or semi. Impressive, for such a cheap gun. The RoF is quite good, I estimate about 12rps which empties the mag in 2 seconds.

cheapmp5sd119ye.jpg

All in all, this gun is great for plinking or as a movie prop (you can even do the H&K slap!) but would be laughable in a proper skirmish. It would be funny if you could get someone with this though, the look on their face would be classic!

I have seen a guide over at jungletoys detailing how to put a ICS/CA/TM Mp5 Gearbx in this gun, put an Mp5 hop-up and mags etc, but personally I think it's a waste of time. You'd only end up with a lot of good (expensive) parts in a crappy shell.

In conclusion:

Pros:

- Looks nice

- Fully working selector

- Exactly the same size and proportions to a TM MP5SD6, so can attach accessories

- Low price (₤13!)

- Working rear diopiter sight

- Working extendable slither stock

- Working cocking lever (H&K slap-able)

Cons:

- Pathetic power

- Rubbish range

- Horrible lack of Hop-up

- Weak firing selector

- Naff frontend

- Short inner barrel

- Small battery (7.2v 800mAh)

END OF REVIEW, AVANTI-NESS OVER

ME AM VERY WIN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I know this is sort of an old thread, but I was wondering...

I just bought this gun and got it in the mail; its my first airsoft gun (sorta). But did you even use the charger to charge the battery? I got the charger, and it doesn't have any mA rating on it, so I'm not sure how long to charge it.

And the review was helpful, thanks. After I fire it I'll tell you what I think, but looks-wise I'm impressed for such a cheap gun. :)

Hey, I know this is sort of an old thread, but I was wondering...

I just bought this gun and got it in the mail; its my first airsoft gun (sorta). But did you even use the charger to charge the battery? I got the charger, and it doesn't have any mA rating on it, so I'm not sure how long to charge it.

And the review was helpful, thanks. After I fire it I'll tell you what I think, but looks-wise I'm impressed for such a cheap gun. :)

The Charger should come with a little sticker that says the rating.

My charger was rated at 200-250mAh.

Also, the battery uses large connectors, so you could charge it using a normal AEG charger.

The Charger should come with a little sticker that says the rating.

My charger was rated at 200-250mAh.

Also, the battery uses large connectors, so you could charge it using a normal AEG charger.

Mine didn't have a little sticker on it, at least not one that said the mA. :( But I'll assume that its the same rating since its the same box and gun and everything.

So that would be 800mAh / 200 mA x 1.4 = 5.6 hours of charging, right? I'll leave it overnight for the first full charge.

Anyway, my impressions are that this gun is definately worth the cheap price I paid for it. It shoots fine and fast enough, and is fairly accurate (although the sights are a little... worthless.) The severe lack of hop-up is extremely dissappointing, though. I'm wondering, how much are hopup units and how much work are they to install? I wouldn't really waste my time with anything besides that.

By the way, this is a Well MP5 SD6 according to Airsplat, where it was ordered. The box still doesn't have a company name, but I couldn't really read anything on it. :P