Tony Sporano's "AR-10"

Erik_MAA

Ever since the last season of the Sopranos wrapped up, I've been thinking of building a replica of the "AR-10" that Bobby gave Tony just before he was killed.

Sop-701-ar10.jpg

Looking at some screencaps, I'm noticing that the prop was probably not a real AR10, but an AR15 with a modified "AR-10" style magazine. You can see the oddity of the mags in more than one of these shots.

Sop-701-ar10b.jpg

Sop-701-ar10c.jpg

I also noticed in a later shot, at the safehouse, the foregrip has been removed and rail protectors put in its place:

Sop-621-ar10.jpg

Parts list so far:

Base gun

24" Outer barrel

Carbine-length gas tube with low-profile gas block (to fit beneath the RIS)

Rifle-length RIS system

Phantom flash hider

Front and rear DPMS Mangonel Sights

Rail protectors

Harris bipod adapter

Vltor crane stock

Aimpoint w/cantilever mount

SPR pistol grip

Based on these pics, I'm thinking I might do my build with an AR15 base instead. The added benefit is I already have plenty of short AR15 mags, and base guns are plentiful. The project would still cost a bit; the Mangonel sights are quite expensive and I haven't seen an Airsoft replica.

I'm also looking at some of the SPR and DMRs available as base guns.

Thanks for the pointers, I agree about the pistol grip. I'm not sure I could successfully place an order thru the FAS board though, so I'll need to look at another source for the Mangonels.

Based on what I can see in these vidcaps, the foregrip was probably something whipped up by the prop department, pretty clearly the grip from an M9. You can see the grip screws and the distinctive shape of an M9 grip there. They probably cast it and added hardware to mount it.

• 1 month later...

Archived