Which was your favourite programme?

rhino

was watching an old tape of Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan which i taped off the telly years ago and what should come on straight after it? Ulysses 31! WOW!! What a great cartoon that was. Led me to look on other videos and some of the things that were on them...

Brought a tear to my eye. Still have to say though that The Goodies and the Big Foot remains as one of my all time favourites.

Anyone else got a fave from their youth?

Has she got Visionaries by any chance? That was another great one. That and any of The Goodies (Bill Oddie inspired me to grow my Tache... perhaps).

I've just thought of another one. Hands up all those who remember the BBC's rendition of John Wyndhams The Day of the Triffids? Absolutely sterling stuff...

If i can get my mate to copy all 6 episodes onto disc for you, you can have them. I downloaded them off WinMX earlier this year and transferred them straight onto VCD. Unfortunately i had to get rid of them as they were taking up my memory on my computer. I'll get back to you on this.

I always remember going into... Ho Ho, you'll love this. Toy and Hobby and looking at the Dagger Assault vehicle with Reekon figure. Used to have all the figures, but lost them thanks to my ex selling them behind my back. Another one was Space:1999. Used to have all the dinky Eagle spaceships too...

*Sigh*

Another thought: Anyone remember Ultraviolet? Miniseries on Channel 4 about modern day vampires. That was very good.

And Airwolf rocked, of course. Just need to get that blasted "Airwolf II" episode on DVD. That was probably the best episode ever, and it hasn't been released on DVD, goddam it!

Heres a few of mine

Thundercats

Original He-Man

Magic Roundabout

Doctor Who

Blakes 7 (Don't laugh!)

Knightmare

The Fall Guy

Buck Rogers (I said, don't laugh!!)

Dogtanian and the Muskerhounds

Rolfs cartoon club

Kickstart

Metal Mickey (!?!?)

the real ghostbusters

Dan Dare (Don't you dare laugh! It's great!!)

Battlestar Galactica

Star Trek (Come on! It's a classic!)

A-Team

Street Hawk

And there's a cartoon I can't remember the name of. Kinda like Knight Rider, but with two cars, and two drivers (one boy and one girl). The cars had computer personalities, but the computer module could be removed and carried round. Any ideas?

Aye well I say say 'program' too, because it's logical, as with almost all Americanised spellings of English words.

Hence me being the only 'English' English person to spell 'colour' as 'color' etc...

Oh, and on an on-topic note, I totally forgot Band Of Brothers, which ranks as my number 1 top film/TV show/video game/other electronic media of all time. Yes - it's that good.

I just forgot it...

*doh*

Damn brits, its PROGRAM! PROGRAM!!!...

Well, in English, "Program" relates to computer programs, but the TV variety is called a Television "Programme". That's just the difference between UK English and US English. In the US, "Program" covers the lot :)

Archived