Hi all

Right then - the AEG airsoft was thought up for (IMHO, although i know it wasn't). This is my first review so bear with me please.

Weighing in at about 12 kg it is a bit of a beast and I must admit that by the end of the day my left wrist starts to give up on me (I shouldn't fire from a standing position so much)

Externally it is the Shoei MG42 so...... beutifully put together although the paintwork does mark easily. The butt stock detatches to allow you to change the spring from the gearbox - bonus (although i have the standard version so TM parts negate me from doing this), and is made of ABS. I have fitted a sling but found one of the attachment parts to be too big so had to improvise a sling loop from a grenade ring pull i had. There is a hole in the bottom of the reciever that would allo debris into the BB hop loader gears, so I covered this with a piece of cardboard and black tape. Internal magazine takes about 300 BBs and is loading by lifting the top cover. These dont fall out when you move as there is padding above it that seals the magazine.

I bought the complete standard version with the assualt drum magazine that gives another 1600 round to plough through. But trust me - they dont half get used up quickly. The drum contacts via a tube that when activated refills the internal mag as you fire. This includes a electrical attachment cable that you connect to the firing wiring.

Internally - standard TM gears in a custom gearbox. Gives me 280 ish on a constant burst and excellent range - up there with M14s the last time i took it out. I have been told that it uses a P90 hop unit that I would like to metal up (project for the future, along with gears). Inner barrel is a standard m16 and is another thing i want to upgrade, but in good time.

Performance - I have 9.6v 1400mah batts that I use perfectly and they fit with space to spare (or you can use the older Aug cadmium batts if you have). I have never used more than two of these batts in a day, and trust me, I put the rounds down on the target with this AEG!! :D

Right, piccies - (will do this later and prattle on a bit more)

Edited by -=Bazza=-

Owning one of these myself, i'll add a couple of comments if I may:

1: The Hop-up unit used is from a TM AUG

2: The standard AUG length inner barrel can easily be replaced with a 650mm barrel (and even then, it still stops a good 10cm short of the flash hider)

3: Some external parts are steel, and they do tend to start rusting quickly

4: I fitted a repro WW2 MG42 sling with no issues - worked perfectly!