Marui L96

scar527

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://gungineer.web.fc2.com/marui_l96aws_od/DSC_0148.JPG

This could well be good news. All the benefits of the wide use bucking, and the specifically designed buckings made for the VSR10, with some of the adaptability of the AEG system. Being able to swap to an H spacer, or change the spacer for a harder one to increase hop effect, for heavier ammo.

I'm tempted...

http://gungineer.web.fc2.com/marui_l96aws_od/DSC_0148.JPG

This could well be good news. All the benefits of the wide use bucking, and the specifically designed buckings made for the VSR10, with some of the adaptability of the AEG system. Being able to swap to an H spacer, or change the spacer for a harder one to increase hop effect, for heavier ammo.

I'm tempted...

Wow, I got a 403 error trying to get your link.

Not seen one of those before. :D

Greg.

As I am a bit of a pedant, there seems to be a bit of confusion over what is an L96.

The two models of rifle produced by Accuracy International that we see used by the military are the AW series in both .308 and .338 calibre (L96 and L115 respectively).

What Maruzen/Marui have produced are replicas of the AE models typically used by civilian and police shooters.

http://www.accuracyinternational.com/configurator.php

AI offer many configurations for both calibres though I agree I would have liked to have seen them get at least the barrel and muzzle break right.

That said, this + zero trigger, appropriate spring and cylinder gubbins, whipped firefly hard rubber and a decent 6.03mm barrel and some .29s/.4s = :D (if you are an L96 fanboy)

yeah the only paets that could be used are the barrel and bucking,though the barrel may have differnt cuts like an m14 so who knows.

seems theres going to be parts made within the next few months though, so thats not bad.

think i will wait on the wall with this though,if its any good after time i may consider

:rolleyes:

You had to do it, didn't you? Every damn thread!

:rofl:

Sorry mate but I am obviously Finbar Saunders incarnate. :(

The other day, I offered to keep a mate's, x-wife's, front lawn, in trim................ :mellow: It was a genuine offer but he wasn't best pleased. I had to get the next round in, when I realized how bad it sounded. :unsure:

Greg.

Its a pain in the *ss. I am thinking about ways i could convert a vsr to a folding stock, i just dont know where i could find a follding hinge. or mayber i could just use a regular old folding stock?

I've given this some thought but never come to a conclusion.

The Smokey's stock is based around a 1" aluminum boxed section, so should be easy to 'fold'. Perhaps thats where you should start, because the standard stock doesn't really offer any answers.

Greg.

Archived