Marui L96

scar527

Yes... I used to hold my TW AICS w/ bipod in one hand whilst stalking with the pistol in my other.

And that is the worst transition in my book, not too maneuverable... One hand is useless (holding the rifle) while the other is almost useless (one-handed pistoleering = not too accurate). :P

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EDIT:: Besides, a gentleman fires a pistol one-handed.

I like that! :D

It congers up all sorts of images, 'Gentleman Ben, a better class of sniper'.

I love it.

I hope you don't mind, but I think I might adopt that as a sort of trade mark. ;)

1st class kills. I'm going to take every opportunity to deliberately 'go one handed' from now on.

Oh no, I can feel another bunch of doublontendres comming on. :rolleyes:

Greg.

So the word is no, none, zero, zilch compatibility between the VSR series and the L96 series right?

I was thinking about modding one of the L96 receivers to fit into a VSR/M700 stock to get an M700/longmag look but I understand that it would have an L96 bolt :P

Right, however, I'm sire you could machine the existing bolt or make another one up.

If you do, send me the left overs. I'm thinking of dropping the steel/workings etc. into a lee enfield stock. :)

Greg.

It just wouldn't be on me using both hands for my pistol - have to give the enemy a sporting chance, at least ;):bleh:

Ben.

I'm still a fan of the 'posh-shot'. I have yet to have the opportunity to implement it but when I do.........................

I'm going to break cover, standing bolt upright, with non-firing hand in the air behind me, fencing style. :D

Greg.

Honestly, depending on the chrono procedures, +/- 7fps is not that great.... But my finger is still on the ordering button. :)

I was quite startled at that figure.

Once tuned, my vsr's normally chrono the same figure, +/- 0. :D

Having said that I do expect about +/-3 form an out of the box vsr.

Greg.

ammunition used does make a world of difference though, thats why fps readings are so innacurate, even without taking into account differing chrono qualities

I use .2's, which obviously show up variation more than heavier bb's & a Skan Chrono.

Being into airsoft you possibly haven't heard of a Skan. Google it & prepare to be amazed. ;) This ain't no Mad bull. :D

Greg.

you get 0 fps difference using .2s? what brand, i could do with getting some, so many brands are have pathetic tolerances in both weight and dimensions that the fps will fluctuate. (edit) Yeah i knew i'd heard of skan but it was primarily because of their rifles, i'm more an airgunner than an airsofter, hadn't encountered their chrono as of yet though.

Hi guys

Like you all i am very tempted to get this gun, i have a Warrior L96 which is poo out of the box!! I was thinking of upgrading with pdi hop chambers, zero trigger etc etc, all in a very expensive list of upgrade parts just to get it shooting well, the TM L96 might need less in the way of upgrades... i hope!

Trigger wise the TM has metal parts/sears/housing etc and the trigger is fully adjustable so no need for a Zero trigger?!?!

PDI have already announced here on arnies that they have developed a cylinder/head/piston/nozzle and spring guide for the TM L96 so thats all good

TM hop chambers are ment to be some of the best in the business so no need to change that, just hop rubber & maybe a SCS nub and a tightbore

What else is needed???

All in all i think it could be a winner. Im sold and am buying one ASAP!

Al

Im just waiting to see if theres a better price than 240, then i'll buy it, gotta say the magazine solution is a lifesaver, i always hated the mag changes on the vsr, so fussy on mine, especially in the fortress m40a3 stock

Yes £239 is the only UK price i have seen so far, and the shop in question is always 10-15%+ more expensive than most, lets hope for £170-£180

Mag changes on the TM will be a lot easier than the Warriors etc

And the TM's hop adjustment system will be way easier than messing about with allen keys like the Warrior L96 hop uses.. useless thing that it is! just hope i can sell my Warrior before its too late!!

Archived