Marui L96

scar527

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad more upgrade parts are coming out now for the TM L96!

I wonder if this new trigger set will cure your problems Trasher? and i wonder if ti is adjustable like the TM trigger set

Also the fluted barrel looks damn sexy, i hope it can take the PDI TYPE96 A.I. Flash Hider Type1, if so i could fit a longer inner barrel, maybe get an extra 50mm barrel length

Al

Well i got the firefly installed, i too ended up noticing the massive difference in length between maruis rubber and fireflys, because mine got damaged at thef ront during isntall i thought to hell with it and cut it the front down closer to marui's, install was easy as any other after that.

im a bit worried my firefly has a defect though as the teeth arent quite central, im shooting it today to see if theres any effect

shame such a nice rifle is having these issues, i can understand the frustration with trying the high fps setups, atm i think the firefly has absorbed too much silicon and so im putting 300+ rounds through it to resolve the amtter (i hope thats the problem, and not the firefly itself)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PDI is out again with a some upgrades:

■ BULL BARREL BASE / TM L96 AWS

■ OUT DIA. 10mm 01 INNER BARREL

■ L96 LIGHT OUTER BARREL / TM L96 AWS

■ END SCREW / TM L96 AWS

Other stuff:

■ KM 6,04 barrel for Marui L96

■ Tanio Koba twist barrel for Marui L96

PDI is out again with a some upgrades:

■ BULL BARREL BASE / TM L96 AWS

■ OUT DIA. 10mm 01 INNER BARREL

■ L96 LIGHT OUTER BARREL / TM L96 AWS

■ END SCREW / TM L96 AWS

Other stuff:

■ KM 6,04 barrel for Marui L96

■ Tanio Koba twist barrel for Marui L96

Curious where you guys are sourcing your PDI stuff? I can't seem to locate their stuff anywhere (RedWolf has limited parts and what is available is sold out). Similar with ehobbies.

Where are you guys finding said parts?

Thanks,

E.

the pdi website :o

x-fire

haha, it should be stickied somewhere - at least one person per week asks where to buy PDI!

Anyway.. i'm going to read this thread and make my mind up on this. I could do with something new to fettle with.

Oh, and i have an SCS in my VSR. It made no difference whatsoever. I got it for free though, so no qualms.

not sure about the us,but i just placed an oreder to find out the cost of parts.

shipping to the uk was around 23 pound.

these are vsr prices,but i would expect the l96 parts to be very similar(all in pounds at todays exchange rates )

All barrels 430mm

05 barrel= 58 pound

08 barrel= 70 pound

01barrel(10mm outer)= 80pound,same with standard 6.01

Pdi receiver= 80pound

Vc cylinder set= 125 pound

Hd cylinder set = 120 pound

Short stroke cylinder head= 19 pound

430mm light bull barrel(no base needed)= 52pound

Bull barrel base= 34pound

Bull barrel p standard=34 pound

Bull barrel flutted p=45pound

g-spec barrel spacers=13pound

vsr trigger unit second sear and set pin(each)=14 pounds

trigger unit first sear=28 pound

pdi also have a 15% discount before the 24th december.

Nice!

I did similar last night to see what I'd be looking at for cost. Overall, their stuff is pretty reasonably priced and the 15% discount is really nice....

Not sure on shipping here to the states but based on your shipping to the UK, looks pretty reasonable as well.

Thanks for the information.

Curious if anyone has verified 1st sear dims on the L96 vs the VSR? Looking at every image I can sir up on the net, it looks like they may be very very close (appears the 2nd sear is the same).

Based on Trashers images and dims, it would appear the stopper is different but I'm wondering if that's a function of the smaller OE cylinder design (could be reciever related as well).

The real reason for all the questioning is my personal wondering if a slightly modified VSR V-Trig might be an option for L96 users? Frame wise, again, they look very similar (mounting hole center to centers, etc). Trying to get a handle on what our options might be here in the short term to get this rifle ready to roll...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I am getting one of these shortly, although after reading through the thread I am a bit confused about the inner barrel and hop. Is the hop based on an AEG hop, and what sort of hop rubbers does it take? Will it take AEG rubbers, or is the Marui L96 one the only one of the correct size on the market right now?

Also is the inner barrel hop cutout the same as the vsr? ie. will this take vsr inner barrels?

Also is the outer diameter the same as the VSR GSEC? ie. will it take gspec barrel spacer?

I know there's a few questions there but some help would be greatly appreciated. I think i am going to go for a tanio koba twist barrel project, due to my concerns with upgrading to 500fps with this. I will report back to let you know how it goes :)

thanks

edit - also I notice fire support are selling PDI 130 and 140 springs for this, however I don't understand their ratings, does anyone know what sort of fps these offer? thanks again

Looks like I am getting one of these shortly, although after reading through the thread I am a bit confused

Hybrid hopup - VSR rubber, AEG nub, M14-like adjusting system.

Inner barrel - VSR type.

Barrel spacer - will take G-spec

Tanio Koba - not a good idea for an 500 fps rifle

PDI 130 spring + PDI HD cylinder set + Firefly hard rubber = 490-500 fps

Hybrid hopup - VSR rubber, AEG nub, M14-like adjusting system.

Inner barrel - VSR type.

Barrel spacer - will take G-spec

Tanio Koba - not a good idea for an 500 fps rifle

PDI 130 spring + PDI HD cylinder set + Firefly hard rubber = 490-500 fps

Thanks for the help trasher. I realise about not using 500fps with Tanio Koba barrels. That's what I mean, I don't want to upgrade it too 500fps yet, so I am going to aim for around 330 for use with the twist barrel.

Also, am I right in saying that the rubber isn't quite a vsr rubber and that vsr rubbers don't fit very well? I have seen people say that the firefly rubber was a pain to get in and the nineball rubber was even worse. Sound right? Perhaps it was either you or greg actually.

Archived