Marui L96

scar527

Gday Guys,

Quick question

I have just installed the following in my TM L96:

PDI spring 140 11mm

High Pressure Piston (PSSL96)(to fit 11mm spring)

Diamond 2nd sear

and I cant get the sear to engage and lock the piston back for some reason?

I have tried the diamond 2nd sear with the stock TM piston setup and it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

TC

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes its got me puzzled mate,

The ends measure up the same.

I should have mentioned that as I cant find a 9mm spring guide anywhere (inside dimension of the 11mm spring) I am using a PSSL96 7mm one. Think that may be causing the problem?

Hmm, piston fits perfectly in the cylinder.

I have just tried a systema PTW spring (same 11mm diameter as the PDI but shorter) in place of the PDI one and it engages.

So it makes me think the length of the PDI spring is such that even when its full compressed its not allowing the sear to locate and engage?

Okay I might trim the spring little by little until it locates correctly and see how that goes.

Out of interest deos anyone know where I can buy a L96AWS 9mm spring guide (I've tried all the major HK sites and can only find 7mm versions)

Cheers

TC

• 4 weeks later...

was wondering if i was on the right way so here it is

Got my self a TM L96 with a HAWKE 3-9x40 Sport HD

shoot out the box already fine but i want to upgrade this to a verry good level i already looked around for internal parts and i was wondering what you think of it (max 500 fps rather have it lower)

Wishlist: all comments welcome with the pro's and the contra's ore others just let me know

laylax PSSL96 inner barrel 6.03 500mm for marui

laylay PSSL96 zero trigger cilinder set for marui

laylax PSSL96 barrel inner ring for marui

laylay PSSL96 perfect spring guide (need to find i right spring for it) for marui

Laylax PSSL96 Stainless TF Coated Cylinder Set for marui

Polarstar inner bull barrel spacers 2x

firefly hard rubber (if i can find a seller)

laylax damper head still needed not sure of that ?

the spring will be your main enemy. you will discover soon that our cilynder volume is way smaller than the VSR and the springs for VSR are way too long for us, Wich gives you 2 spring choices : pdi 130 and pdi 140. none of them will work with laylax piston and laylax spring guide.

just need some help here, in the process of upgrading my tm l96 i broke the clip that holds the loading thing on to the air nozzle. any one know what i can replace it with.

and skippy im having the same problem as you with the same upgrade parts. so i have just bought the pdi HD cylinder set. now going to run two cylinders one at 450 fps the other at 330 ish. will let you know if this solves the problem. but it seems like the spring wont compress enough to allow the sear to engage with piston.

Problem is i cant as im at uni and not allowed my RIFs here as they can be classed as an offensive weapon. might be able to next weekend but basically its like a barrel retaining clip for anyone who has worked on an aeg. but its a bit smaller, it holds the plastic loading ramp thing to the air nozzle. its snapped in two so is no real use any more even if glued together it is unlikely to do its intended job. was thinking of duct tape cut to size but it would make putting the gun back together again a bit difficult of i wont be able to spin the part with the barrel. sorry i cant be more specific and provide pics, will search on the net see if i can find the part in a pic.

*edit*

hope thrasher doesnt mind me linking his website, but its the small clip in this pic

http://www.shooter.hu/L96/img_7532-01.htm

any suggestions as to be made out of what? was thinking of maybe cutting up part of an old plastic m4 reciever and shaping the plastic. or getting a fibre glass kit and making up all the plastic bb loading parts as i know they have been broken by quite a few people.

it will have to be quite accurately made as well because it will catch if it is not flush.

yeah, my friend has all the equipment needed to make molds at college. could then use them for fibre glass or a resin plastic. think i might have a go at making this clip then, using some precission files and a small hack saw i should be able to make one or two pretty easily. the rest i will ask my friend to do in a few weeks to see if he can do it in his spare time at college. if he can i may try and make a load up and see who needs replacements

will keep you posted on this. as i cant find replacements any where on the internet. might be a reason but im sure making a resin mold cant be to hard, though they may not be quite as strong as the originals. will do some testing before i post it up. likely to be at least 3 weeks before i get some solid info as im stuck at uni atm but i will speek on the phone with him and see if its possible. trusting him with irreplaceable parts is going to be a risk i think, he isnt the most organised of people, but could pay off for me and the TM l96 owners in the long run. I need a replacement bb pusher for a 1911 gas mag and as its a much smaller part and im not worried about losing it as much as the mags are cheap i will get that made first just to judge the material strength and whether it will be suitable for the loading parts. also going to look for resin kits so i could do it at home then broken parts wont be a worry.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived