Worth Upgrades?

Fred

So I fist got a Well L96 and now a JG Bar-10 and they both preform the same abouts. I can't outrange an AEG and they are probably less accurate, leading me to the conclusion that they are just about useless after useing them in a game. So my question is will upgrades such as a tightbore and a little bit harder spring make them preform good enough to the point to where their useful? Or do you have to replace every stock peice so it can shoot 550 fps? And I know getting a TM would make problems go away, but seeing as some of us don't have that much of an income, lets regard that as not an option.

Well, first upgrade that is recommended is a new bucking and barrel, but if you are playing against 400fps AEG's, you are going to need upgrades. The major advantage of a sniper rifle is being able to have higher field legal FPS than AEG's.

I recommend selling one of your guns and upgrading the other.

If you are really short on cash, there are some DIY mods that are quite popular. Spring guide spacer, electrical tape mod, etc...

give them a damn good clean, get all that crappy grease out of the barrels, align the hop units so they shoot straight, and then try them again.

i got my warrior shooting headshots at 60 metres without upgrading or modifying a thing...

yep, cotton cloth on a barrel rod, and silicon lube. i dont lube the barrel though once its clean. personal choice.

as for hop alignment, in the warriors, they are known to be fiddly, and often twisted when put together. this causes bb's to 'hook' left or right, which is very annoying. by mentioning alignment, i just meant if your gun is shooting left or right, twist the hop unit around until it shoots true.

cant really help with the BAR, never owned one :)

If you want to up your fps by upgrading the spring in the BAR-10 then you will have to buy new sears first. Otherwise your piston will just smash through them, rendering your trigger mechanism useless (rather frustrating). But higher fps doesn't always go hand in hand with range a good hop up rubber will add range and accuracy much more cost effectivly.

Archived