Daytonagun AKS-74 All Steel GBB

I'm happy with mine, but it's not perfect (yet). The selector is kinda loose, and I can easily shift it past semi. Is there any way to tighten it? The pistol-grip is pretty wobbly, and I tried tightening it, is there any other way to make it sit in place? Would a real one fit properly? Where can I get a non-ribbed top cover? My VFC is a couple of millimeters too long and won't lock in place. The upper hanguard is also slightly looser than my VFC, but nothing I can't fix.

If people are interested, I could make a external comparison-thing between the DG/Kalash AKS-74 and my VFC AK-74M

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real grips fit once you have modified them (holes). The easiest way to make the stock grip tighter is to remove the stock grip screw and remove about 1/8"-3/16" frmo the end of it. Mine bottomed out at the base of the threads prior to being tight on the grip.

When I installed my RS grip I had to shorten my screw about 1/2"

• 5 weeks later...

Daytonagun AK Problem

My friend and I both got a Daytonagun AK his the AK74 and mine the AK105

My AK105 shoots fine and no problems but his had a problem when dry firing aroudn 120-130 PSI

CIMG0401.jpg

Be careful its the screws in the bolt carrier that can mess things up so I would advise perhaps find stronger steel screws to hold it in

Edited by cbcsteve
Daytonagun AK Problem

My friend and I both got a Daytonagun AK his the AK74 and mine the AK105

My AK105 shoots fine and no problems but his had a problem when dry firing aroudn 120-130 PSI

CIMG0401.jpg

Be careful its the screws in the bolt carrier that can mess things up so I would advise perhaps find stronger steel screws to hold it in

I had the EXACT same screw break like that. I just drilled the screw out and replaced it with a stronger steel one from mcmaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized that I never updated on the status of my gun. Well, it's been long since fixed (scroll a couple of pages back to see the issue) and every single area where a leak is possible to occur has been sealed, thoroughly. This gun is now 100% leak free and running like a top.

What happened was that when I installed a madbull tightbore barrel, upon reinstallation of the hopup chamber on the worm screw, I had it turned one turn too far forward. What that did was it moved the whole action of the gun maybe 1mm forward. This caused the recoil rod to be about .25mm short of making a perfect seal with the valve assembly in the rear of the gun. So, in vain, I was plugging up every other possible outlet for a leak, not realizing until after what the real problem was. 15 minutes of taking apart the gun and turning the hop chamber out one turn and the gun ran beautifully with ZERO leaks. The higher rate spring does WONDERS.

Before I post it up in the For Sale area, thought I'd let it be known here that my DG AKS-74 is going up for sale. It has the higher FPS spring in it, along with plum furniture, a side-mount for optics, and 5 plum midcaps. I'd love to use the gun, but it just doesn't have a place in my current line-up. I've moved on to sniping or DM so an automatic assault rifle isn't really my thing anymore. This gun doesn't deserve to be collecting dust.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link

Also for those who need extra screws Justin from Daytonagun was nice enough to send replacement screws that are steel for me and my friend

I ordered 4 guns from him so I got 8 screws 2 for each bolt

Justin is really helpful but the only way to reach him is best during Hong Kong active hours cause if you email him during your normal time-zone hours that email will probably get eaten up by other emails from around the world.

Edited by cbcsteve