Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts

Jboud18

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure, i appears very similar to the SPEC-OPS over armour vest, and i doubt that the BHI OMEGA vest would fit over an IBA

Force Recon also used the SPEC-OPS brand over armour vest over what appeared to be a IBA or OTV. Also, i believe the FR characrer named GRIGGS, used a CIRAS or something darn close to it. Nto sure what hsi shirts were tho. When he had on ARID MARPAT he did not have any sleeves. In the later levels he had on black pants with balck short sleeves i am unsure of thier type tho. I took the time to examine the gear in game lol. I can give a more detailed list of GRIGGS ciras(i think its a ciras anyway) if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Gaz's vest has 6 M4 shingles, 2 pistols mag pouches (under his right arm), 2 grenade pouches assembled randomly on his upper left. But my question is:

What type of vest is he wearing, it looks like a BHI Strike vest or just a generic molle vest http://www.marsgear.com/product.php?pid=9

Also, how does he get the two pouches on his shoulder? I think it's his radio and something else, he has one on each shoulder, but on those vests, would you have to sew them?

And on his back, is it a camelback or a back pouch

You could look at the Practical Tactical MESA Vest for a full Molle vest like that sorta.

Vests like the STRIKE or EAGLE V1 Molle arent that uncommon among SF, alot of the ODA pictures from Afghanistan show them wearing those type of vests.

I wouldnt get into a fritz about perfect replication though, the game is very unauthentic gear wise on alot of levels.

Funny this thread came up, I've been planning to recreate one of the SAS multiplayer models. I'm going for the OD trousers + black pullover + OD chest rig + 'tactical baseball cap' + headset look. I like it because it's functional, but looks sort of paramilitary and probably isn't as restrictive as a lot of kit out there, reminds me of the PMC soldiers from Metal Gear Solid 4. I'll see if I can grab a screenie later. ;)

Thanks for sourcing the military pullovers, and telling us wtf they were. ;p

That red dot sight you can get for all the weapons in MP? King Arms makes the most exact replica. As for the short cylindrical dot sights from singleplayer, (Seen on your M4 in Charlie Don't Surf, and on the G36) all the replicas lack the rounded contours at the corners, opting for an angular look. (Maybe the game model is off.) King arms makes one of these too. There's also Guarder and G&P replicas but they're more expensive for little or no apparent gain. (The KA is also the only one with a matte finish)

As for the singleplayer M4s missing their front sights... Are you saying they should have them? I figured they just had the sight replaced with a low profile gas block or something. If that's not realistic, and it's just an oversight on the part of IW, saves me $40 on my SOPMOD project ;)

For the record, I played through my first time on Hardened, and have since completed the first half of the game on Veteran. (As well as beating Gaz's time in FNG by a wide margin.)

Best singleplayer experience EVER.

Edit:

Oh hey, can anyone tell me what pieces of kit typically make up one of those kickass black SAS assault uniforms, with the S-10 and everything? (And possibly where to find surplus or replicas)

Regarding the jumpersthey do look very like the ones in the link but in game they have upper arm pockets ala raid BDUs which i think give it that something special. I have one of the ones from the link at home, all i need to do is figure out how to get some pockets on it hmmmm??

Oh hey, can anyone tell me what pieces of kit typically make up one of those kickass black SAS assault uniforms, with the S-10 and everything? (And possibly where to find surplus or replicas)

well the standard sas counter terrorism kit normaly involves the use of a fire reistant boiler suit, done some recent training with some EX sas blokes for a day got a good insight into there skills. but in COD4 they use the SAS smock in black and US BDU trousers in black, head gear is the S10 respirator with flash resistant filters and a british army para helmate in black, black nomex flight gloves, a set of any black knee and elbow pads will do and a tan molle drop leg holstor. a black molle vests not positive of its type is any but it looks extreamly close to this ( http://www.militaria.pt/shop/popup_image.p...48c4c3376d4bc65 ) , a tan plate carrier; a ranger style desert plate carrier looks close. all the items should be relatively easy to obtain their are plenty of copy sas smocks on the net the only real problem i imagine would be the para helmate. good luck with the kit anyway.

As for the singleplayer M4s missing their front sights... Are you saying they should have them? I figured they just had the sight replaced with a low profile gas block or something. If that's not realistic, and it's just an oversight on the part of IW, saves me $40 on my SOPMOD project ;)

The M4/M4A1 and the C8 both have a fixed front sight, not the folding type (or completely deleted) type seen in the game.

the SAS have the right idea in reality and use alot of american gear example >

<snip>

From what I can remember, that photo was of UKSF conducting a joint operation with US SF, and he borrowed some kit so that he did not stand out from the yanks. UKSF have also borrowed some kit when conducting alongside USSF, mostly vests and UCP BDU's, however, this is when conducting joint operations, to limit the chances of friendly fire.

Most of the time, they simply use civillian hiking kit, boots and bergens, DPMs and issue chest rigs and/or Ops Vests. You seem to simply be giving advice when you actually don't have a bloody clue.

Archived