Beretta Picture Thread

Does anyone know if the height of the 92 and the Cougar are the same? From the pics the Cougar appears to be taller.

P.S. Guiness...if you can take a pic of the Cougar on top of of the 92, or standing up next to each other so I can see the difference in grip height, I would greatly appreciate it!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have noticed this tapered dust cover on 92s too. I came to the conclusion it's the difference between Italian made 92s and ones made is the US, although I could be wrong. However looking at various pics from the different countries, this theory seems to be correct. No idea for the difference though.

Snowman, it might be easier to spot with a comparison of the two. Italian made on top and US made below. Notice the slight slant below the serial number on the frame.

immaginiprodottiberettapo0.jpg

92fssmaxiec4.jpg

That is exactly where I mean. The front of the frame slopes upwards in front of the trigger guard instead of being straight. The rear or the grip is also a slightly different shape, instead of curving round in one sweeping movement, it has more of a jut out and straighter line down, although it was more the sloping frame I was after.

Yeah, I have noticed this tapered dust cover on 92s too. I came to the conclusion it's the difference between Italian made 92s and ones made is the US, although I could be wrong. However looking at various pics from the different countries, this theory seems to be correct. No idea for the difference though.

The one that I pictured is made in Italy, so I am not sure if that is the case, good theory though. I think that it has something to do with the model type, 92FS as opposed to 92F, but having said that, I have seen supposed 92FS that asre also square as opposed to tapered? Maybe it is just an option that Berretta made. I have noticed the huge difference in the engraving though. The tapered front has on the left of the frame 'Read owners manual before use' and on the slide is the warning that the gun can fire with the magazine removed! Safety first! Along the top of the barrel there is probably also an arrow pointing towards the front and it says 'bullets come out of here' :D Just so you can see, here is the other side of the same gun:

BERETTA209220FS-13.jpg

I am not quite so bothered about getting one with the correct markings etc. more just the right shape, and I figure that someone must have one, surely!

Does anyone know if the height of the 92 and the Cougar are the same? From the pics the Cougar appears to be taller.

P.S. Guiness...if you can take a pic of the Cougar on top of of the 92, or standing up next to each other so I can see the difference in grip height, I would greatly appreciate it!

Crappy short-notice image, but again- hope this helps ya!

BTW, I situated them to be as close as possible to level and even- note that the bottom of the Centurion Magazine is 'thicker' and shaped more like a wedge than the 8045's, so I used the bottom of the sole of heel of the guns as the reference line. This makes the Cougar 'appear' taller than the Centurion/M92.

Barettas_med.png

-G

Slainte!

• 3 weeks later...

KSC M92FS Inox Type 2 Limited Edition Silver

- Real Steel Beretta M92FS Grips Fitted

- Magazine Hollows Painted In Gold

DSC09612-1.jpg

DSC09545-1.jpg

( Oh, and for the record, that is not an illegal substance in the first picture. It is just basic all purpose baking flour. That just seemed like the best way to display such a flashy pistol :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...