Beretta Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a comp it's just a muzzle weight. Nice pistol, is it a new version?

Not a comp..please explain? I'm just curious since most of my RS have compensators, and I have some exp. Of course I don't know everything, so enlighten me. My real beretta 92 target has comp, for example, with the same setup: extended barrel and locking sleeve at the end. It's been discontinued for a while.

It was my understanding that if the attachment doesn't re-direct the gases, it is just called a muzzle/barrel weight. Of course I could be wrong as i have limited experience with such things. However the point of the weight is to compensate for the recoil so...

Here's a pic of my new NS2/Sys7 KWA M93R with G&G compensator. Since the blowback system and barrels have changed, I couldn't use the barrel from the compensator set in my new M93R. I had to use the plastic barrel that came with the M93R and cut it down to fit in the compensator. It works just fine... :D

P1010677.jpg

It was my understanding that if the attachment doesn't re-direct the gases, it is just called a muzzle/barrel weight. Of course I could be wrong as i have limited experience with such things. However the point of the weight is to compensate for the recoil so...

Quite an interesting decision, the proper choice of words. Wiki def "A muzzle brake, used to counter the recoil of a firearm, or to prevent the muzzle from climbing due to kickback from the rapid firing of an automatic or semi-automatic weapon" How fun!

My real trigger was the condescending nature of the post. Ironically, a question about the piece followed the "tidbit" of wisdom. Next time I will use "muzzle break" to describe such an apparatus to prevent confusion. Thank You, hitmanNo2, for the constructive response.

I think most people think of a compensator (rightly or wrongly) as something that directs gas upwards to reduce climb, whereas some guns just feature a muzzle weight to reduce it.

Oddly, the cut outs on that pistol almost look as though they deflect gas downwards - Does that make any sense? (I'm not a real steel person, obviously, but it would seem not to).

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

its just a design choice (HK did it too with the USP Match) but it is a muzzle weight. there's a real beretta sold from the factory like that. the articles claim that its just a muzzle weight.

id think you'd know that snowman. didnt you review one?

I own a similar real steel counterpart called the Beretta 92 Competition, released in 96 as a limited edition $1400 pistola..

Whether, the muzzle break adds weight or also redirects gases, it would "compensate" for the recoil of the fire arm. I do understand examples where people might want to part the two into separate categories, but it is true. Some confusing instances include ported glock models that are considered "compensated" without any extra additions and barrel weights that actually attach to the bottom of the barrel of target pistols sometimes considered "underlugs" (revolver) I really don't believe there is an arguable difference, hence the Wikipedia definition.

Terminology actually depends on the manufacturer/fabricator. One example is the directions that come with the RS Sig p226 sport. The muzzle break is actually referred to as "compensator/counterweight"

And Lastly, the "US Patent 4715140 - Compensator for handguns and the like" Issued on December 29, 1987 refers to the apparatus as a "compensator weight" a hybrid of the two terms. The main idea is to make up for the recoil, although an added feature is redirect gases.

"The weight compensator may also be provided with exhaust ports for enabling blast gas to exit upwardly through the bushing and compensator weight, which further serves to reduce recoil."

Read up:Compensator Patent

My next post will most definitely include a picture..I am done

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0115.jpg

My worn WE 92F w/ KJW threaded barrel, thin pistol silencer... kinda going for the assassin look here :) I'm finding the WE to be a pretty decent clone Beretta so far... would probably make a nice M190 alternative. Nice feel, decent magazine (hi-flow as standard, it seems) with good kick, good enough metal quality, stupid typo on frame (read MEANAL before use)...

Thanks Clockwork :) Unfortunately, I don't know the make of this "silencer", as I got it secondhand from a friend, who coincidentally, had no idea of where he originally got it. It's more of a barrel extension than anything else, as there's no foam inside... it's pretty hefty and is made of what appears to be steel, CW thread. I think it looks like an upscaled PPK-style silencer.

Could very well be, HorseM4n. Wouldn't be surprised, as the guy I got it from found it in one of his old parts bins :)

After a LONG wait (damn Parcel Post... <_< ), the WE longslide/Cutlass wannabe I ordered about a month ago FINALLY came in... got it for the hell of it, and did some shooting around with it today. It's got surprisingly solid construction with little to no play, even with the long barrel. Pretty hefty weight, nice kick with the slightly heavier slide. I didn't think the plastiwood suited it well, so I just swapped 'em with the WE Military's. I think TM extended mags look natural in it. Worst thing about it are probably the trades... I'd rather take a blank slide and frame over MILITARY SPEC CAL 6mm and READ MEANAL BEFORE USE (again...). Overall though, I think it'll make a nice plinker.

DSC_0137.jpg

Edited by Lon

the trades are shallow enough to dremmel away and the divot isn't noticeable. i dremeled away the trades of my HFC slide to prep it for some custom trades and it doesn't look bad.

er, that is, if you don't care to have to either repaint you slide or make it silver.

Edited by Horsem4n

TM or KSC? MUST know because of rail! Will TM M93 R rails fit on KSC and KWA M93 R's?

Help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked your profile, should have done this before I posted. :unsure:

Edited by H.U.N.K
I have the TM (looks like you figures that out). My friend has the KSC though so I could get him to check if the under rail fits.

Please do! It would be an enormous help if you did, would literally make or break my next purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...