Beretta Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey snowman, yeah the gun is still being loved, this is one gun that will never be abused in my care :)

hellsangel - the gun really is a great looking piece. I was so happy when i saw that snowman was selling it in his "great sell off" and i knew i had to snatch it up

and no the grips arn't home made, there made for the real steel cougar although all the credit goes to snowman for them. And i've got to agree with snigel a few scratches on a metal kit just add to the overall feel of the gun plus as i don't skirmish with the cougar any wear would be light and be hardly noticable.

Can't claim credit for the grips (except I bought 'em :) ) - They came from www.hogueauction.com - great site for cheap real steel wood grips.

Cheers.

That is beautiful.

I can't tell you how nice it is to see a WA Beretta that isn't plastic.

How is the fit and feel of the kit? Has it had any effects on performance? Are you running green through it now?

I'm still working on the kit actually- I need to get upgraded springs, etc. before I'll know really how well it is going to work. Action is still pretty stiff and I have some more sanding of the rails to do- already done a fair amount but it's binding at the back end of the slide travel. Also as you can see in the first pic of the gun in the kit (2nd pic in the post) a line is getting rubbed on the lower right front end of the slide.

There was a surprising amount of material that had to be dremelled away to install the BBU (blow-back unit), at least Guarder provided an instruction sheet as well as what may need to be modified/removed to complete the kit.

Trademarks are excellent, crisp and well done- I did add the red safety dots on the side as they were not painted, as well as the white dot on the front site- oddly enough the rear site came painted.

All in all, I really can't say these kits are any better than a Guarder or other MBK's on the market- every frame/slide kit I have used takes some amount of 'fine tuning' before your satisfied. This was my first Prime kit, not sure really why they are priced higher than some of their competition.

Also would it kill the manufacturers to add a couple drops of deep blue to the paint they use on these kits- the standard 'chalky' flat black is so unattractive. I removed some small amount of the top oxidized layer of paint and rubbed the finish with a soft cloth and then gave it a silicone spray bath and wipe down before photographing it. I plan on another steel wool followed by cloth rub to see if I can get a shine on the finish- should that not yield the results I'm looking for, I am considering a complete refinish using the bluing 'technique' I used on the M500 shotgun.

I will keep ya'll posted :D

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

sorry to inform you but this kit is NOT a tight fit kit, there's side to side wobbles and also up and down wobbles, however I don't have to file anything at all

finished but still waiting for the recoil spring and pgc loading nozzle, my base gun was the scoremaster and texas ranger, so i have plenty of parts.

post-42714-1201380496_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the bell m9 is great, i posted some pictures of it a few pages ago and unfortunatly cant post anymore since i sold it. it claimed to be full metal but i can not say it was, i would say everything that needed to be metal was and the slide was probobly made of hard abs plastic, very high quality stuff, seemed like a very sturdy gun, the orange cap poped right off to-if that matters to you. slide locked back everytime, shot pretty straight for a 60$ gun and reely i didnt have any complaints about the gun. only sold it cause it was a n extra gun...sort of regret it now.

a picture for the hell of it:

bellm9003.jpg

i fired the bell m9 myself and it's pretty good. however i prefer the hfc, it's kind of, i don't know, sturdier maybe.

@Bob

I loooove the silver one with the blue grips. Give it to me! NOW!! :P

Hahaha- sorry mate, this one's a keeper.

I'm getting engraved wood grips for skirmishing, and getting a black Cheetah- then swapping slides and barrels, so I'll have a silver frame, black slide and silver barrel, and vice versa.

Bob, you should've gotten a pair of the sword cutlass Beretta....that'll be a nice addition to your lineup...

Hmm- I can't say I fancy them too much, and I don't really like anime.

My next spending spree (when the Army finally gives me all the money they *fruitcage* owe me) is as follows-

921.jpg

Two of those puppies, or something with similar compensators (perhaps the HFC versions)

cougar2.jpg

One or two of those, or something similar- WA makes a few, perhaps the Warrior or Blade

zberettam84.jpg

One of those, then I'll switch slides and barrels with my current one to get a bizarre two-toned look (black frame, silver slide, black barrel- and silver frame, black slide, silver barrel).