FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borrowed anteaters idea, and professer bobo's suggestion.

Mp5k mag in my famas (which I still havn't finished the cosmetics on! Pushing on a year and a bit now! :D )

Looks quite nice but i won't do it:

A: becasue anteater got there first

B: 28rds a mag???!??! No thanks! :P

Maybe if i decide to persue a sharpshooter setup will i do this.

Edited by angel_wings
Borrowed anteaters idea, and professer bobo's suggestion.

Mp5k mag in my famas (which I still havn't finished the cosmetics on! Pushing on a year and a bit now! :D )

Looks quite nice but i won't do it:

A: becasue anteater got there first

B: 28rds a mag???!??! No thanks! :P

Maybe if i decide to persue a sharpshooter setup will i do this.

Looks very sleek. I like it.

The essence of beauty in it's most natural form......the FAMAS.

:wub::wub::wub:

famas2cb1.jpg

:D Okay, not really but it's a purty gun. :D

famas3gl8.jpg

Maybe I should've made the bed! :P

famas4we3.jpg

famas5bf5.jpg

Tell me what you think. :)

P.S. I'll get some more pics up when I get my scope back... <_<

Edited by dismemberd
Wait, Dismemberd,

Forgive my ignorance, but is that the springer FAMAS?

No, the springer has "M46" on the left side. Dismemberd's has "FAMAS F1" on the right side, as it is a Marui.

I actually just recieved a DE M46 today. It's not a bad spring rifle for a...spring rifle.

dem46tmfamasf1ch8.jpg

The top one is my F1 with some of the M46's parts, the bottom one is the M46.

The silencer, though threaded, fits just fine onto the Marui's outer barrel when you remove the flash hider, and drill a hole for the screw. I took one of the little plastic rails off the M46 and put it onto my foregrip just to see how a vert grip would feel. I'll get some G36C rails later and mount it properly.

The best part about this cheap Marui copy? The laser! *pew pew*

Edited by Zuka
Wait, Dismemberd,

Forgive my ignorance, but is that the springer FAMAS?

:o I'm insulted!!!!!...okay not really :P , but like zuka said, it is a TM, you can even kind of see the battery on the pic, it's yellow.

Thanks mistorpie, It makes it alot lot more comfy :D , but maybe that's just me because I don't really like to hold guns by their handguards.

Yeah, I'm liking that forgrip. You should try taking off the front outer barrel though and sticking a flash hider in it's place, maybe one for an M60. Would look sweet

...I'm not quite sure what you mean...do you have any pics? If your saying what I think you're saying than ABSOLUTELY NOT, but I just don't get what your saying...please clarify :) .

P.S. Zuka you should do something about that cheeck rest, it just doesn't match and it makes the whole gun look worse I think.

Oh, I like the two tone. :(

I do too. It's just getting another coat or two of OD, and maybe some sealant so it doesn't rub off again. I might add some black stripes if I ever get a can of matte black.

The last game I played, people were asking me if it was some sort of crazy FA-MAS OD kit, and I was like "No, I just took it into the backyard and spray painted it."

My next mission is to make myself a drum mag out of some old gas mask canisters, then figure out how to attach the M46's LAM without keeping the foregrip from sliding off properly.

Edited by Zuka
I do too. It's just getting another coat or two of OD, and maybe some sealant so it doesn't rub off again. I might add some black stripes if I ever get a can of matte black.

The last game I played, people were asking me if it was some sort of crazy FA-MAS OD kit, and I was like "No, I just took it into the backyard and spray painted it."

My next mission is to make myself a drum mag out of some old gas mask canisters, then  figure out how to attach the M46's LAM without keeping the foregrip from sliding off properly.

??? :wide-eyed: How do you mean??? Gas canisters? I don't get it...what kind of gas canisters?

??? :wide-eyed: How do you mean??? Gas canisters? I don't get it...what kind of gas canisters?

Gas mask filter canisters, such as these:

filtercansjp4.jpg

I figure they'd make for some nice drum mags.

I mean, I could just buy a ready-made STANAG drum mag, but where's the fun in that?

What I'm going to try to do is make a drum mag out of a FAMAS hicap that can be converted back to a FAMAS hicap if I so choose.

Edited by Zuka
Gas mask filter canisters, such as these:

I figure they'd make for some nice drum mags.

I mean, I could just buy a ready-made STANAG drum mag, but where's the fun in that?

What I'm going to try to do is make a drum mag out of a FAMAS hicap that can be converted back to a FAMAS hicap if I so choose.

I'm sorry but I just can't see how that would turn out...But, no matter what I think you're going to have to wreck a hi-cap to get the upper part so it will fit in the gun.

P.S. Could you give me a more detailed diagram..like how you actually plan on making it out of those.

I'm sorry but I just can't see how that would turn out...But, no matter what I think you're going to have to wreck a hi-cap to get the upper part so it will fit in the gun.

P.S. Could you give me a more detailed diagram..like how you actually plan on making it out of those.

Basically, the FAMAS locaps and FAMAS hicaps come in the same metal shell. The only difference is the bottom metal plate and the internal bits. What I'm going to do is cut a hole in the top and bottom of the canister and cut two upside-down U shapes into the locap casing. Then, I'll bend the locap sides into a V shape to create a funnel where the BBs will rest. This all requires me getting the canisters open in the first place to remove the filter material. I'll be able to remove the hicap guts when I want an actual hicap by popping off the bottom plate (which will stick through the bottom of the canister and sliding the mechanism out.

Now that I look at it again, I'll have to bend the canister's sides a little to get it to do what I want.

But first, I have to figure out how to get the damn things open first.

Edited by Zuka
No, because I honestly just thought of this maybe thirty minutes ago.

Maybe thats why this doesn't make sense.

http://www.poweredgeusa.com/product.asp?ID=2632

Mod one of these to fit, that's fun, and cheap.

So hey, I opened up the M46 and located the barrel, deep within the reciever. It was just a 6-inch aluminum tube that looked like it had been sitting in a warehouse with the gun's rusty steel weights for about a year. I ripped that out, hacked at the plastic a little bit and fit the brass barrel from a 1st gen JG AK47, the one with the plastic Version 3 that everyone was all excited about. I'll test it tomorrow.

It may be a $30 gun but it might as well be the best $30 gun it can be.