FAMAS Picture Thread

That's actually the FAMAS Surbaissé, not the Félin (just to be annoyingly picky).

http://very-goz.chez-alice.fr/FAMAS/surbaiss01.jpg

Surbaissé

http://very-goz.chez-alice.fr/FAMAS/felin.jpg

Félin

So I don't hog the post HERE'S a linky to more info I posted a while ago.

But I see what you mean about a removable carry handle.

http://www.gunsworld.com/french/graphs/famasnetb2.gif

Sure it's more than just the handle it's the whole top molding, but it wouldn't be that hard for some company somewhere to just make different conversion units to mod the F1 into say the Surbaissé and the SV into the FELIN.

You owe me a new pair of pants.

The Surbaissé looks F2000y, and what's with the bent bipod legs?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm pretty good...pretty good...Although I don't really enjoy chopped carrying handles...It's not too bad...

Oh and you have seriously got to paint that scope in the last picture...that's freaking disgusting.

That's a genuine ACOG belonging to a friend of mine. There's no way in hell am I touching that with a paintbrush.

Normally it blends together beautifully, it's just the camera and the flash.

I actually really like a shortened Famas... I don't know why...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/-Church-/IMG_0470.jpg

It's a DE Famas, with the ejection port on the wrong side <_< Its rather uncomfortable like that.

I took the safety off mine. It's single-action, so it really doesn't need it.

Look at us, AEG users, discussing a lowly springer without a hint of negativity.

• 2 weeks later...

My baby asplode.

famasborkedhq7.jpg

At my last game, the screw holding the buttplate and the only two ring-type sling mounts on the F1 stripped out of it's hole and caused my FA-MAS to land square on the barrel on hard asphalt. The outer barrel took most of the impact, but the carry handle/bipod assembly is broken. The two small tabs that keep the front end of the carry handle attached to the barrel broke off, and the screw in the rear is bent. The hop-up adjuster also came out of it's track, so I had to take it completely apart, at which point I forgot to put in the metal nut that the screw holding the trigger guard goes into. Do'h. Also, I lost the rear lens cover for my RDS.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement FA-MAS F1/SV carry handle in the US?

Edited by Zuka

Pardon the question but whats so upgraded about this cylinder you have aquired?

I'm more intrigued than anything!

Anyway mine is getting ever closer to the finish line. Considering this was started in September 2005 (Angel.Wings.Project.05) its about time! New years resolution was to finish what i start, and so here goes.

Getting some more molding putty tomorrow, then all i need is krylon really.

Thinking about a tan black two tone.

EDIT: poor pics i know but ill get some really detailed ones up when theres something worth seeing!!!

Edited by angel_wings
Pardon the question but whats so upgraded about this cylinder you have aquired?

I'm more intrigued than anything!

Not 100% as slacky sotrted it for me.

I know it involved a ported head, weight removal and polished guides among other loving touches.

With the systema hop and APS tightbore barrel this really is a long range bit of kit with a rof to match!!

Not 100% as slacky sotrted it for me. 

I know it involved a ported head, weight removal and polished guides among other loving touches.

With the systema hop and APS tightbore barrel this really is a long range bit of kit with a rof to match!!

Aha, I see, I think!

It was more that if you'd got hold of something special that makes magic fire out of your gun, that I'd have to mug you for it! :D

Nice tiger stripe though!