FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Question about the mechbox for you lot.

The bar the connects the gearbox to the trigger basically seems to not be working, when i look at it with the box open the plastic bit inside the gearbox connects fine with the part for the electrical contacts but when its closed i can only pull the trigger a few times before it stops responding.

Any ideas on a fix?

Or is this a completely different problem?

Question about the mechbox for you lot.

The bar the connects the gearbox to the trigger basically seems to not be working, when i look at it with the box open the plastic bit inside the gearbox connects fine with the part for the electrical contacts but when its closed i can only pull the trigger a few times before it stops responding.

Any ideas on a fix?

Or is this a completely different problem?

Check the fuse, and be sure that the plastic which connects the two bars is firmly grasping both bars. You can play around with it by just removing the stock/upper receiver.

Fuse is fine, like I said it works as soon as the gearbox is resembled but then fails again pretty quickly.

As for the white bit, this is me using it just by pulling the gearbox end of the bar, before its even resembled into the gun, so it isolates any problems with the trigger etc.

I'll get a pic up soon

sounds like the contacts in there are going, open up the box and make sure the two contacts are close enought together that they can easily touch the activating contact when the trigger is pulled but make sure at the same time theyr not touching. also check for corrosion, if the contacts are discolored you can scrape some of it off with a knife or sand paper. this happened to my famas, my contacts were so corroted that they had holes burnt through them.

Well, what do you mean by not responding? Can you feel the movable(sp? that's supposed to be the ability to move) contact snapping back into place? Or, is it moving forward but not far enough? Or, is it moving as far forward as it needs to be, but making a bad connection.

I would say it's either a bad connection, like dliberty said, which you would mean there's either corrosion, or both of the non-movable tabs aren't touching. Open your gearbox, and look for corrosion on all 3 contacts, and then slide the contacts together, and make sure that the non-movable ones are BOTH touching the movable when it is extended. If it's not a bad contact, then it may have to do with the trigger position. When you have the mechbox outside the gun, and pull the trigger bar, you are pulling it as far forward as it goes, but when you put it inside, the trigger only goes so far before it stops. You can adjust the position by either twisting the mechbox trigger bar, which is threaded to the piece that pulls the trigger contact forward. You can either extend the bar, so the trigger doesn't pull the contacts as far forward, or you can decrease the length so that the trigger pulls the contacts farther forward. From what it seems, if this is the problem, you would want to twist the bar in more, so the trigger is pulling the contacts forward. Also make sure that your entire trigger unit is set where it's supposed to be. I don't think the trigger is really made to be adjusted though, I think it should be set so that when the mechbox is in the gun, when you attach the plastic piece to connect the 2 trigger bars, it should be at the same length as the plastic piece(if that makes sense to you)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...