FAMAS Picture Thread

Basically, you have to cut a notch in the M16 mag - at the same level as the famas one.Image016.jpg

Also, a notch needs to be cut in the mag-well towards the selector switch plate.

Image017.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures, but i'm sure there is a guide somewhere that more clearly shows you what you need to do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that there was very little hassle attaching the G36 side rail on my FAMAS handguard - all you need is some nuts, bolts and a drill :)

Unfortunately on the SV you need to lower the rail a bit from the actual level of the handguard or saw a bit off the little nub on the front (guess which I did and then decided the 203 was too heavy for me :rolleyes: )

I found that there was very little hassle attaching the G36 side rail on my FAMAS handguard - all you need is some nuts, bolts and a drill :)

Unfortunately on the SV you need to lower the rail a bit from the actual level of the handguard or saw a bit off the little nub on the front (guess which I did and then decided the 203 was too heavy for me :rolleyes: )

Jup...the nose of the SV handguard is a problem. I would recommend the M4 Rail set only for the F1 as you have to use some washer to get the rail "over" the SV nose ;)

By the way: The handguards are different at the part fitting around the trigger. F1 can be modified to fit an SV but not vice versa. Volume of the handguards is identical. Got both trust me ;)

After months of waiting around for there to be a picture of me or my Famas taken in the field on digital (a few of you may know my opinion of digital photography) I have one. It was taken at DefCon. For all other pictures from DefCon have a look at the fireball thread on UKAN.

edit: anyone who can tell me how to stick pictures in without having to attach them would be a legend.

Also, the green is a lot darker than that, I think the sun and flash worked in unison to overexpose the shot.

post-2006-1125781201_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duff Beer

Haha, yea, I saw some pics of the french-german brigade, and for the pic I thought the flectarn would be better than Marpat or woodland. Ha, and I was hoping nobody would notice the darn lbv :). Also, wgc only sent a plastic orange flash hider with it, so I'm about to order a supressor adapter for the famas so the front end won't look so naked. Oh well, definately not my best pic, but I tried right? :)

Get a small screwdriver and on the underside of the flash hider there is a small screw. Screw it out and remove it and then give the flash hider a good hard yank.

Also is it true that the FAMAS isnt actually french. It may be used by the french but someone told me its actually a weapon of italian design under french license to manufacture.

You get a bipod, but not real sling mounts, or something like that. You should really go with the one you like best. I mainly chose the SV because of Metal Gear Solid.

Check back at g´n´g or uncompany for the original TM FAMAS F1 sling hooked up at the bipod ;) Or get the original one, but the TM one is only 10 bucks, the original is allways arround 25 and higher at ebay. For pictures check my FAMAS pics in this thread.

Or you get the KM Sling Swivel For Marui FAMAS Series replacing one of the bipod screws.

Or - very FAMAS-User-like - built your own one.