FAMAS Picture Thread

Looks pretty nice. Still the G36 rail would be nicer. Hey bobba how much is that commando going for? Would you ship to the USA?

:Dr_Evil:

Hm... I decided to test it first...going into battle this weekend..and it get´s the KM Silencer Adapter and a M4 Flashhider. So the final decission keeping it or sell it is delayed till Monday ;) Attached a CQB sling yesterday......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I installed a TM Highcap inside the boxmag...that´s the hardest part as you have to look for a good finish..... dremel carefully ;)

I secured the high cap with 2 screws at the front, two at the rear side.

Now you have to "open" the highcap.....one big hole at the BB reservoir to enlarge the capacity and one to reveal the dial to wind up the highcap.

Now I installed a plastic gear right on this dial and adjusted a motor to turn it..... had to find out the 3V is way to weak without a complete gear set...so I installed a 7,2 battery right inside the boxmag :D

Now I constructed a BB reservoir enlargement by using plastic sheet and clued this right onto the mag.

Now I cut a hole to fill up the BBs into the top of the box and closed it with a rubber plug. Next to this is a simple swith to activate the motor to rewind the system. I can´t rewind the highcap to the max capacity so I have to "rewind" any 50 to 100 BBs but I guess that´s just fair for a "SAW" in airsoft.

Question from a potential FAMAS buyer: Are there any power differences at all between the F1 and the SV? Becuase quite a few airsoft sites I noticed, namely WGC shop, but others as well, have the SV listed at around 30 fps higher. I belive the exact numbers are F1: 245 fps, SV: 271 fps. also, doest the famas have mini tamaya connectors? And how hard is it to find a F1 bipod for the SV? Thanks.

1. There is no difference in the power of the F1 and the SV in the actual version.

2. Connector is large type

3. Good luck! Ask some sites with rental guns if they got any FAMAS parts in stock. Getting a spare F1 bipod is nearly impossible.... and you will have to modify the holes of your upper receiver when swithing from SV sling swiffels to F1 bipod...easiest way is getting a Y&P FAMAS F1 and swap the upper receiver of your SV.....

Edited by Boba_Fett
3. Good luck! Ask some sites with rental guns if they got any FAMAS parts in stock. Getting a spare F1 bipod is nearly impossible.... and you will have to modify the holes of your upper receiver when swithing from SV sling swiffels to F1 bipod...easiest way is getting a Y&P FAMAS F1 and swap the upper receiver of your SV.....

When my mate tim bought his famas (which i now have) the guy in wolf armouries put the bipod on there for like £10

Here we go! Also tried to give an impression from the inside of it but I had to install this plate at the front where the battery is fixed ;)

From the outside you notice a very precise "negative" of the FAMAS body ;) This openiung fits perfectly to the body and prevents the mag and its 4 screws from to much stress. Took some time but its worth it

post-4958-1132677112_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1132677126_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1132677139_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1132677152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boba_Fett

So you cut out the big chunky locking thing on top? Even though the mag is at the section at the part where it just begins to slope down, does it get in teh way of you hand? Do you have to install a sloping plate inside to feed down to the mag to make sure all the bb's feed?

DCP_0516.jpg

Edited by Zephyranthes
  • 4 weeks later...

FamasVNMagSling.jpg

FamasVNMag.jpg

I sanded a G&P VN Midcap because I was bored. I'm deciding wether to try to mirror finish it or paint it black. The other side of the mag is only half done.

The sling is a UTG 3pt I believe. Got it for free with my UTG MP5. Am I using it correctly? (One strap goes from the front to the rear of the AEG and the other two go around my neck.) I attached it to the front with a 1" strap adjuster buckle and a zip tie.

How does it look without the Grenade sight stuff? I have a few spare F1 parts if anyone with an SV is intrested in procuring them. (1 Rail Grenade Sight, 1 Carry Handle Grenade Sight, 1 Trigger Guard.)

I'm getting 2k for the holidays and am deciding wether to but an SV and get everything I could possibly want or a M15 SPC and Tac the hell out of it.

FamasVNMagSling.jpg

FamasVNMag.jpg

I sanded a G&P VN Midcap because I was bored. I'm deciding wether to try to mirror finish it or paint it black. The other side of the mag is only half done.

The sling is a UTG 3pt I believe. Got it for free with my UTG MP5. Am I using it correctly? (One strap goes from the front to the rear of the AEG and the other two go around my neck.) I attached it to the front with a 1" strap adjuster buckle and a zip tie.

How does it look without the Grenade sight stuff? I have a few spare F1 parts if anyone with an SV is intrested in procuring them. (1 Rail Grenade Sight, 1 Carry Handle Grenade Sight, 1 Trigger Guard.)

I'm getting 2k for the holidays and am deciding wether to but an SV and get everything I could possibly want or a M15 SPC and Tac the hell out of it.

EDIT: Couldn't edit to change the photo links.

Finally it´s done: Removed the SV sling swivel and covered the holes with short rails. Taclight and night aiming device added. Flashhider is a M4 one mounted on a KM silencer adapter....tracer is on its way to me....Merry Christmas :D

mittel-1671.jpg

mittel-1672.jpg

damnn boba thas pretty sweet looking. . .how long did it take u 2 do all that and was it hard? i mite do that to my famas if it isnt to hard

Actually, I'll keep the charging handle on top, and use one of those hollow metal G36 handles from WGC... that'll be better, and I don't have to butcher too much.

Also, I'm having a steel (Or aluminum, whichever is more cost-efficient) handguard and cheekplate made at a metal shop... shouldn't be too bad, and'll get rid of the 'plasticky' feel.

Actually, I'll keep the charging handle on top, and use one of those hollow metal G36 handles from WGC... that'll be better, and I don't have to butcher too much.

Also, I'm having a steel (Or aluminum, whichever is more cost-efficient) handguard and cheekplate made at a metal shop... shouldn't be too bad, and'll get rid of the 'plasticky' feel.

You do realise that those parts arent metal on the real FAMAS, right? The real FAMAS is completly polymer ;)

:Dr_Evil: