FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the G2 that takes armalite magazines, and it has a magazine catch on the right side.

005.jpg

Notice the different magazine well.

Well maybe some after markets part manufacturer will take up the challenge?

Runs ways laughing...

Reference to Call of Cthuhulu and the Mountains of Madness. JIC.

Edited by Blazer
Blurry in_action photo of my friend/teamleader here armed with a FAMAS.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/-Sol...rd/IMAG0007.jpg

Will take som pictures of my gun with gear/load out.

Can you ask him for a kitlist, and where he bought that vest? Or, if you have the same/similar, the same thing goes to you.

Edited by BakaBox

the mod for the famas to take m16 mags if fairly straight foreward.

I tried to mod a MAG midcap but it didn't work due to the feed lip not being tall enough and the mag is ever so slightly too small for a secure fit. Will keep plugging away at it.

Poor mag is looking a bit mangled but try and try again.

Hells, i have a dpm paintjob on mine. have axed the CH but took off the iron sights too so i could still have the rail on there. there were pics somewhere on the forund i think in the painted weapons thread.

Edited by farrasdevell

I've heard there is a ducttape method for reducing the creakiness of a FAMAS - could someone explain that to me? I <3 my FAMAS, but with a nice heavy scope on it, it's even more creaky than before.

Thanks in advance.

n00btard-

Tighten any screws you can see - be careful because they're threaded directly into the plastic!

Add duct tape around where the foregrip/battery compartment rubs against the body of the gun - not at the back where it clips into the trigger bit.

Open the hatch on the bottom of the pistol grip, undo the big philips screw and take off the grip. Add duct tape (only one layer, or the grip won't go back on) on the nub the grip slips over. Reattach. You can be as tough as you like on the pistol grip screw since it's the only one which goes into a metal thread.

That should significantly reduce what creakiness the gun has.

Edited by Robot 2000

Yes, the last steelhelmet made and issued to an modern army! :D

(Together with the one issued to the Swiss Army.)

It is beein replaced (since the -90ies i guess?) with one in kevlar wery much like the one US forces use but of local manufacture, but you can still see it (the old one) beeing used.

It is quite comfortable far as an helmet goes, and para-ready - but has a reputation to get bumpy and knocked out of shape with heawy use.