FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?  I thought he had a whole ton of scopes and such on his with a much smaller silencer.  I could be wrong though.  Either way it's very very nice.  If I ever get the cash for a longer barrel I'll make a mock silencer out of PVC.

Well one usually does take more than one or two pictures of his prized gun dosen't he?

Carson- nice chop job. I'm trying to decide wether to chop my handle or leave it. I really like the general look of the handle (And few people do) I've given up the whole scope thing. On the rail the scope is just to damn high. Hopefully I can set the irons correctly.

I'm also selling my launcher if anyone wants to buy (85 shipped) PM me. I need funds to do some engine work on my car. I just found out that the E Brake is for and I love the thing lol.

Oh carson, how dod you go about attaching the carry handle? Did you epoxy or screw it in.

Also if anyone needs one, I have an extra G36 rail with mounting hardware (I use a nut/bolt) if anyone wants to buy it. just PM me.

Carson- nice chop job. I'm trying to decide wether to chop my handle or leave it. I really like the general look of the handle (And few people do) I've given up the whole scope thing. On the rail the scope is just to damn high. Hopefully I can set the irons correctly.

Oh carson, how dod you go about attaching the carry handle? Did you epoxy or screw it in.

Thanks Kingcodez, this was my first major custom job and i have to say im very pleased as to how it came out. Before i put the scope on it looked a little odd, (picture below) but now i put a nice scope on i think it has really done it justice.

img1015je4.jpg

The carry handle was cut off, turned around and stuck back on with some strong epoxy glue (that way it wont ever budge). I thought that putting a scope on the carry handle on a normal famas would be way to high, so I chopped it. The height of the scope now is almost perfect, especially with the shortened bipod.

Edited by Carson
Carson-  That's very nice.  Would never have thought about just chopping and reversing the carry handle!  How about posting some pics with scope attached.  When I finally figure out what I want to do with my famas I'll start the body chop job.

Go to the previous page and you'll see a picture with the scope attached and the bipod shortened.

More below:

img1248fm1.jpg

img1249ao4.jpg

Edited by Carson

Again that's nice. My favorite feature of a chopped famas is the front end. The whole Triangular Barrel exit with bipod thing is really nice. Reminds me of a M60 (I used to play Rainbow Six 3.)

I really wanna stick a G36 handle on, but people who sell the C handle want over $30 and a STAR K handle costs about 150 (For the one I want)

However a K handle with the dual scopes would look pretty good.

You could just do what i did and turn the carry handle around and stick it on by some means then alter the shape of it, etc.

Anyone notice the part of a mouse mat on the cheek piece :D . It makes it really comfortable to rest on compared to without and its a simple little mod.

Edited by Carson
You could just do what i did and turn the carry handle around and stick it on by some means then alter the shape of it, etc.

Anyone notice the part of a mouse mat on the cheek piece  :D . It makes it really comfortable to rest on compared to without and its a simple little mod.

If i sent you money for mat and postage, would you cut me one? Also what glue did you use?

Cheers buddy.

If i sent you money for mat and postage, would you cut me one?  Also what glue did you use?

Cheers buddy.

Do you mean if you sent me money to do the chop for you and pay for postage? Oh and I used some Araldite Rapid expoxy glue, worked like a charm.

Carson:

Doh!  I feel silly for completely missing that pic!  Looks much nicer with that scope.  What have you done to the internals?

Currently, not much at all. I did have a 1J spring in it, but i salvaged that for a different weapon. But my plans are to put a PSG-1 650mm tight bore into it covered by either a long silencer or long bull outer barrel, then make it semi only, upgrade the internals to whatever my skirmsih site allows for a semi-auto sniper, put an ICS turbo 3000 in it, replace the hop-up and then finally paint the whole thing a nice OG camouflage (like dpm).

It should be one heck of a nice looking and performing weapon when im done. :D

Edited by Carson
Gratz!  It's got that fresh new Famas look.  hehe! 

You have any future plans for it?

Yep, i play to mod a m16 scope mount to it, red dot sight, a new shim job, tightbore, and 1j upgrade. I was shooting it today with a 7.2v 1200 mah,( yes 7.2v) and wow, this TM purrs. i am glad i got a TM instead of another UTG or a CYMA.

I was also talking to the guy at the local store today GamePod, and he said that they are going to start making the famas drum mags again!

Edited by MistorPie