FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have some really nice 7.2v's from my speed boats.  It's amazing what difference a good battery makes.  Anyone found batterys making a big difference to the Famas?  i.e high quality vs standard + anyone tried a 9.2v?

I think Kingcodez has, but i think he recommended to put a new piston or something in there so it wouldnt mess anything up.

the Fa-Mas ###### out the BB's on a 8.4v, it would be like a solid rope of plastic on a 9.6v.

speaking of bipods, does anyone know how to take the feet off the famas bipods, i.e. the "L" shaped sections?

im thinking of shortening my bipods and moving them back a bit

In short.....You cant easily take the feel off. However, i have shortened my bipod and to do that i cut off the bottom feet on the actual tube of the bipod then carefully removed the tubing from around the cast bipod feet. This is necessary because the bipod isn't held on with screws, etc, etc. its held on by forcing some of the tube inside a hole in the bipod feet.

To put them back on, you will have to expand the tubing a little at the ends and them hammer the feet in place. (i didn't expand the tubing so they fit even more snugley. However, if your going to do this you will need a very large vice or a press and a hammer (preferabley rubber ended so you dont damae anything).

Good luck :D

I think Kingcodez has, but i think he recommended to put a new piston or something in there so it wouldnt mess anything up.

the Fa-Mas ###### out the BB's on a 8.4v, it would be like a solid rope of plastic on a 9.6v.

9,6v and the FAMAS fires like hell but the additional stress will also shorten the time of your piston. Due to the larger wires the FAMAS is more effective than any other gearbox version. I installed 2,5² silicon wires and a special high voltage connector and my "little bit over forum limits" FAMAS is near the original ROF. So forget about high speed gears get some decent wires and connectors and skip the fuse ;) There is always a smart way for tuning ;)

Also if anyone needs one, I have an extra G36 rail with mounting hardware (I use a nut/bolt) if anyone wants to buy it. just PM me.

Mounting hardware?

Please, elaborate. I'm afraid I can't buy it, I have a deal lined up which would make me feel horrible to flake on. However, how to attach the hardware and the handle to a FAMAS would be amazing.

You mean like a guide?

IIRC I posted one on my website. I forgot the link but I think its in my sig lol

It's not hard just screw a screw in and hope that the threads don't strip.

If you wanted to attach the G36 rail to the carry handle houever, you'd need to cut the screws down once mounted. That and you need to find a "Perfect" spot where both screws can go. That or stick it on with one screw,. tighten the hell out of it, and don't put any "Essentials" on it (Meaning stuff that needs a zero like a laser.)

• 2 weeks later...

If ya want to get rid of the handle completly ya got to saw it off. If ya just want to add stuff to it and attach it back later then there's screws that takes off the entire upper shell.

This guide is very useful:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...hl=Famas+hop+up

And as for the bipods it just needs to be... well... added it's screw and other parts are compatible with the sv. Just unscrew the sling rings and add the bipods.

To attach a bipod:

Obtain a Famas F1 BiPod

On the inside of the carry handle there is a screw for each side. Remove the sling swivel and screw in the Bipod. Make sure the screws are Tight.

For the Handle you need to saw. Look into getting a dremel that'd make the work cleaner and easier.

But it really depends what you wanna do. If you wanna add a carry handle you may have to leave the rear nub intact so it will attach to the body. Unless of course, you find an alternative way of attaching the handle.

My Custom Sniper Famas (Froganator) runing M100 spring + PSG1 inner barrel.

Was dark and crappy cameraphone died on 2nd pic.

09-09-06_1925.jpg

09-09-06_1927.jpg

More to come, watch this space.......

Oooh, nice work. Im working towards something like that only without the carry handle. What outer barrel have you got on there and how is it fixed? cos thats whats been puzzleing me for a while.

Oh, and its nice to see that my guide is getting plently of use aswell.

Oooh, nice work. Im working towards something like that only without the carry handle. What outer barrel have you got on there and how is it fixed? cos thats whats been puzzleing me for a while.

Oh, and its nice to see that my guide is getting plently of use aswell.

Bought the silencer 2nd hand but it's 25cm.

It's attached by a First Factory direct silencer attachment, This replaces the standard O/B and replaces it with a 14mm thread, ready for anything you like.

I got mine from zero one.

Guide was very useful and my mouse mat cheekpad very comfy, :)