FAMAS Picture Thread

lol thanks well i just dont like the idea of this rail being held on by epozy and not some morerigid structure. if he were to put bottom and side rails on like mine i would love it.

oh and somthing i did on the stock famas i had to make it worth an extra 10$: i put an old aeg spring in for the charging handle, gives it a nice solid clack rather than that weak bounce. try it, id do it to mine cept i dont have one anymore. : )

hmmm. it's all how you look at it- personally, I like yours quite a bit. I just like having my charging handle and useless grenade sight still available.

Anyways, I wouldn't put side rails on it due to the bipod- I use a countersniper role every once in a while and where I play, the bipod's quite useful.

However I'm trying to find a way to attach a G36C rail I came across to the foregrip. More on that later.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5200 epoxy resign, and then screws that dont go all the way through the plastic, well they can gothru about .5cm and poke inbetween your battery cels. thats how mines hooked up.

i miss my charging handle, and the bipod i dont miss at all...sold it to dismembered. i find my arm is steady enough and more menuverable.

famasciy6.jpg

Here's mine again. Not much change, just added the Bi-pod, and put the FAMAS mags back in. I got a G&P midcap, and I'm gonna see if I can get it to feend, considering the mag ones(which I had in there before) didn't.

It's pretty much finished. I got the FPS back up again, but it's only at 310-320. It's pretty consistent, and it's skirmishable, so I'm going to use it for me next even, then try to get it higher. After I do that, and I get some more G&Ps then I'm gonna look into a burst chip, then a grenade launcher. I would really like to have that Madbull AGX, because it has a handle, but it's just too expensive. I'll probably go with the CAW BG-15 because it's got a small handle, it's cheaper than everything else, and it's pretty dang unique.

If any one else has any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

only thing i can think of is a silencer and some side rails. you can even put them on with the bipod legs. youanmount very small ones to the side of the carryhandle,like the front of it where it curves down. id cirlce it in a picture or somthing but i just dont have the patience right now...just had a bit of a disaster with a home made pyros experiment...the whole test product blew up and i got some nasty burns on my face. but pyros are banned from this site(i can now see why) so i wont go into anymore detail.

dammit Anteater, you beat me to it by a few days.. I'm doing exactly that to my old Famas because I wanted it's long barrel in my 416, and now I have a short little 416 barrel for my 'Mas.

so, since you have it looking how I want mine to, I'll ask how you did it. I was going to use metal to get that little connecting rail on the bottom, but the for-grip I wasn't sure how I was going to do. the dimensions on yours look exactly like how I was planning on cutting mine up too, down to about the second "grip nub". I think if I look closely I can see the cuts on yours, but the picture is to small to really get that kind of detail out of it...

Nice job though. Thanks for making to I didn't have to photoshop mine first.. .. ((which I'm already half way through doing.))

Edited by Onerimeuse

Gah!!!!!!!!!

Mp5k mags. Useless little contraptions! :angry:

Major feeding problems! I guess I'll try to redo the mag catch but just incase...

Does anyone have a picture of a Famas with an m16 VN midcap in it? Trying to judge how far down it comes in relation to the grip.

Ta!

its to wide and to wigley when in the down position. i love it when is up but thats not what its for. but anyways...all this internal work coming up will give me an oportunity to up my power a bit with a cork and by fixing my air seal. oh and i forgot to mention a new hop up bucking above.

got my new forgrip today in a trade with bob_K, and found a surface to take pictures on that doesnt have kissy lips.

customfamas012.jpg

customfamas011.jpg

customfamas010.jpg

i like this one because its thinner and more comfortable on my hand. also i feel like it slants forward a tad where as the foldable one stanted back.

What rail do you have on your battery cover there? G36 long? It looks alot longer than mine.

I think the grip itself looks nicer, but the gun as a whole doesn't look as good as the other one.

That doesn't really matter though, and all that does is that you like it, and it fels nice.

You need to edit the pics, or take new ones, because those are too dark.

I'll try when it's not cloudy, I'm getting no natural light and the flash on my camera really sucks- also, the light in my room's pathetic.

If I don't get any by then, I'm going to a game this weekend and I'll take some there. Great range on it, I use it primarily as a burst-fire countersniper.

'Til then here's some edits.

FA-MAS001Brightened.jpg

FA-MAS003Lightened.jpg

Edited by Bob the Angry Potato
Ah yes, much better.

I couldn't even tell it was chop-topped in the first ones  :(

Did you upgrade it at all internally? Or you like the stock range.

When I had mine working I noticed excellent range as well  ^_^

Actually, it’s stock range right now- a nice set of metal bushings, new gears and a 1J spring should take care of that, though. With the folks I game with, a bit more range and power seems in order.

This I may baby the day I got it.

Day1.jpg

This my baby now after a CQB game.

TACP.jpg

Same day diff pic. TAC1.jpg

It is stock right now but I will do some external mods soon.

BTW do you guys know if the cheap JinPeng FAMAS mags work with the TM? If they do I want to pick some up because they are real cap and they are $7. I am not quite ready to do the AR-15 mag conversion yet.

And no I don't usually order from airsplat.

Edited by RaginFro