FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question for you guys... If I were to get a famas, could I use Prometheus gears in it? And an eg100 motor? I want to get one, but only if I can get it up to the 400 fps range... IF I were to do this, can you buy tappets and GB shells separately?

iv actualy been wondering about torque up gear sets and super torque ups for a while now. going to try as soon as i get the money. you wont be able to put in an eg1000 without heavy modification, or any new motor for that matter. and i dont think you can buy GB shells anywhere reely... why would you want to buy a tappet plate seperatly?

dentrinity has a load of famas parts, theyr your best bet but most of them are stock parts.

iv actualy been wondering about torque up gear sets and super torque ups for a while now. going to try as soon as i get the money. you wont be able to put in an eg1000 without heavy modification, or any new motor for that matter. and i dont think you can buy GB shells anywhere reely... why would you want to buy a tappet plate seperatly?

dentrinity has a load of famas parts, theyr your best bet but most of them are stock parts.

found a V.1 gb shell on WGC... its in case I were to break a shell with an fps upgrade... same with the tappet.... Looking at the systema famas gears, they look just like my prometheus gears for a v.2 gun that I have sitting in front of me...

Discovered that the VN mags seem to feed fine if I only load about 60rds in them.

Which is nice, as its only 15 short!

Also discovered that my Famas (if you can call it that anymore) was firing at 220fps today (yea so what its about 7 years old). Strangely I still managed to get 4 kills with it (I only used it one game) and out ranged a couple of other AEG's.

Testament to the Hop up system really.

But I suppose I can't escape that it needs upgrading (sigh) Time to look into building a motor mount...

i just got confirmation from another member of this forum that systema torque up gears fit and work well in a famas. ill tell him to post his results here when he chronos it but for now that means my plans include:

own:

-systema polycarbonate piston with metal teeth

-a new TM stock piston head

-systema m120 and m130(ill play around with it and see what i like)

-madbull 6.03 m16 length barrel

-mini 9.6V batteries

yet to buy:

-systema torque up gears

-systema hard type hop up bucking

-systema area 1000 bushings

i just got confirmation from another member of this forum that systema torque up gears fit and work well in a famas. ill tell him to post his results here when he chronos it but for now that means my plans include:

own:

-systema polycarbonate piston with metal teeth

-a new TM stock piston head

-systema m120 and m130(ill play around with it and see what i like)

-madbull 6.03 m16 length barrel

-mini 9.6V batteries

yet to buy:

-systema torque up gears

-systema hard type hop up bucking

-systema area 1000 bushings

Hey, not sure if it's a bit too late, because I think you said you changed your connectors, but I made a thread a while back about which batteries to buy, and they mostly said that the mAh of a battery is sometimes more important than the voltage, ie, it can be better to have bigger cells, longer lasting cells, than more weaker ones. I ordered an 8.4V, 3600 mAh from Cheapbatterypacks(a really great website) and it's an excellent battery. It's no more than 1 mm larger, in any dimension than any other large battery, and it works much better than any battery I've ever bought off an airsoft website. If you really want a top notch set-up, you could go for the 4500.

Here is the thread I made

i have both 8.4 large style batteries and 9.6 minis. the 8.4s i have are like 3200 or mah and 2400 so there not to bad. the 9.6s are like 1600. basically im not worried about my rof enough to justify more spending on batteries specially since i leave for college in early july and wont be back till christmas.

I agree dismembered, there was a thread a while back where some chap had done ROF tests on his gun with a large and mini battery.

About 5-10rps in it if i remember rightly, consistently. I have a feeling it was only a low mAh large battery too suggesting that a higher mAh will push you up even further.

I'll have a look for the thread and check all of that however!

Anyone got a Nunchuck battery in theirs yet? All of my mini's seem shot to pieces for some reason so I'm pondering something bigger....Can't say I want a battery sling however.

Or, has anyone ever heard of a Large Cell stick battery? It wouldn't be too hard for me to build a chamber for one in the G36 carry handle, if only I knew if the type of battery existed. Custom building might be the only way! (I used to mess with battery's in RC's so its not actually that difficult)

hello, i need some help from you famas gurus.

I replaced the stock barrel to a prom. 6.03, with a systema hopup bucking.

In semi mode, sometimes it shoots 2 bbs. /with really good grouping :P / I really don't know why. The gun is almost new, the nozzle is intact, proper assembly.

Though a famas shotgun is really unique, i do like the normal better :)

i would try reinstalling the barell and bucking, as much of a pain as that is its the only thing i can think off.

does it dry fire the first shot then shoot 2 on the next one? or just feed 2 at the same time and shoot both in the same cycle? how often does it happen? does it still happen if you turn the hopup all the way off?

^just some troubleshoot questions

i would try reinstalling the barell and bucking, as much of a pain as that is its the only thing i can think off.

Its the second time. First is tried a guarder bucking, but the same double feeding

does it dry fire the first shot then shoot 2 on the next one? or just feed 2 at the same time and shoot both in the same cycle?

No dryfiring, sometimes it shoots 2 bb.

how often does it happen?

random

does it still happen if you turn the hopup all the way off?

yes

Its the second time. First is tried a guarder bucking, but the same double feeding

No dryfiring, sometimes it shoots 2 bb.

random

yes

I think it's probably got more to do with your mags.

What kind are you using? Does it misfeed with all your different mags? Do you have any mags to try in it, which you know feed correctly?

this is sort of a shot in the dark but are you familiar with the gearbox internals? if so you way want to inspect your tappet plate...maybe its bent or damaged and doesnt go forward as quickly as it should. try lubing it maybe? again, this is a shot in the dark and im not even sure if its possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to start ordering parts of my Famas CQB varient and I've been thinking about putting one of those Noveske FirePig flash hiders on the front. I understand I will need the adapter, but I'm a little unsure what else I will need to do;

How far does the inner barrel extend out of the end of the AEG? Will it need trimming so it fits inside the Firepig flash hider correctly?

I'm looking at using the G36c top rail to replace the original Famas one, (See image) I prefer the look of the G36c rail with a gap between the Famas and rail. But is that possible without the joins being too weak?