FAMAS Picture Thread

Just to let u guys know:

1. systema V2 reinforced standard ratio gears work in FAMAS.

2. V2 bore-up kits can be used! the V2 cylinder is 3 mm longer then famas stock, but if the cylinder head can be pushed a bit into it it fits with no modding.

What does require modding is the cylinder head, since FAMAS tappet-plate is wider then V2 tappet's, u need to grind it so the tappet will fit.

And you need to find a bore-up nozzel that fits..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just about to start ordering parts of my Famas CQB varient and I've been thinking about putting one of those Noveske FirePig flash hiders on the front. I understand I will need the adapter, but I'm a little unsure what else I will need to do;

How far does the inner barrel extend out of the end of the AEG? Will it need trimming so it fits inside the Firepig flash hider correctly?

I'm looking at using the G36c top rail to replace the original Famas one, (See image) I prefer the look of the G36c rail with a gap between the Famas and rail. But is that possible without the joins being too weak?

for the flashhider you will have to trim the barrel a bit.

the g36 rail will work fine depending on how you put it on, mine is bolted/crazy glued/bondo'ed on and its rock solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, can't say I'm really up for changing my gears now, I read a post somewhere on here with all the gear ratios and it seems that the Famas stock ones might be lower than the Systema super high speed.

But for all you power junkies go ahead!

Quick question on spring guides though, anyone got a list of the ones which have a screw hole in the back?

Dismemberd I seem to remember you (or someone else maybe) using a blue one?

I can't be bothered to be wasting time ordering the wrong one.

Ta!

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: Oh and by the way I now rate Milliput (the yellow normal one) about a million times better than other modeling things I've tried. Its rock solid and has helped strengthen most of the plastic parts, will probably use some and reduce any creaking I still have.

Edited by angel_wings

I got my JP Famas F1 today. After I finish my exams i will make some pics, till then a few words.

The gun is really solid, the full lower receiver is metal, including the grip, so the it is really heavy, especially compared to the marui one.

- regular size short motor, but its axis is shorter. Need some custom work to replace it.

- "xyt" chinese gear set

- bronze bushings, need to replace them, because they are too flat, proper shimming is quite impossible. The default shimming is horroristic.

- brass nozzle.

- good wiring

- polycarb piston, and piston head, tappet plate and cylinder head.

- plastic, marui like spring guide

Iam quite happy with it.

I will make a hybride Famas G2, with approx 400fps power. I will fit the marui SV with bipod, metal lower receiver, and the longer JP stock part. All I need to do is buying a spring, and bushings. :)

I have some questions about the JP famas:

-where did you order this famas from?

-does it take tm mags?

- if the motor is a regular short motor with a shorter axis it seems like you could change out the motor but keep the same axis right?

-a brass air nozle? or do you mean cylinder head?

I have some questions about the JP famas:

-where did you order this famas from?

-does it take tm mags?

- if the motor is a regular short motor with a shorter axis it seems like you could change out the motor but keep the same axis right?

-a brass air nozle? or do you mean cylinder head?

- i bought it from a friend who sold it after 4 day.

- yes it takes, Its a bit wobblyer, but holds the mag well.

- Well to change the rotating part, you have to get the pinion down. But if you can do this with the new motor, all you need is just to cut the axis and file a bit. So its nothing but a few hours handwork.

- it has a brass /or copper/ air nozzle.

I have some new infos. I did build my hibrid yesterday.

The TM and JP guns are 98% compatible. Only a few unimportant bits, mostly screws are different.

The magazine catch's axis is bigger in the TM, the rear sight's, front set's screws are also different. The hopups adjusment winder is a bit different, i couldnt use the TM one in the JP, because it wasnt able to reach the hopups "elevator" part.

Some more infos, as i spent my day with my famases.

The JP famas uses different cylinder, cylinder head and nozzle, they are not interchangeable with the marui. Ive tried all day to put in marui bits, but its total horror, I failed.

AK mags.....In a FAMAS?

Ladies and Gents, I think we just moved from harmless research scientist to a mad psychotic scientist.

Odd question but can someone please measure the height of the battery compartment where it connects to the main body? (so the horizontal bit) I need to know the height but as I'm at Uni I can't actually get it!

Wings :detective2:

Oh man, i really want a Famas right now.....

Just a quick question about adding the G36C Rail, when you did it, did you have to get rid of the cocking lever?

I'm just thinking of doing some crazy *beep* if i can get ahold of one. i didn't really like this gun that much before, but now its really starting to grow on me.

I have great news!

Finally i did it :) I did fit the JP gearbox in my TM Famas. It wasnt an easy ride...

First I had to solve the compression problem. The original JP brass nozzle /now i know/ is a bore up one, but badly made, it has no sealing at all. And the biggest problem, it wasnt compatible with the marui hopup chamber, it was to big, didnt fit. I bought a guarder m16 bore up nozzle, i had to use sandpaper inside, it was too tight, but now it has awesome seal, no air leak at all. Compression is perfect.

Though its a bore up nozzle, it shoots quite well. All i need now is a stronger spring.

Second mission was to fit the JP box into the marui receiver. Compared to the gearbox horror :) it wasnt a big job, only a few minutes bit dremel work.

Now it works like a charm, i have a full replacement gearbox :)

The JP hopup unit is so wide inside, that a marui barrel, with a guarder hopup rubber was wobbling like hell. Horrible. I was trying to fix it with teflon tape, but no use, no compression at all..

I compared a V3 tappet to the V1. The most significant difference is, that the v1 is much wider, though the length and the shape is good. Other difference is a tappet spring end location, but its not a serious problem.

All we need is to find a way to make the v3 wider. I have an idea: using epoxy putty with needle pins. File to shape and use a liter grease :) The biggest force is on the "sharkfin" part, so I think the epoxy custom sliding part can handle the stress.

Edit: Another idea: File down precisely 0.5-0.5mm the upper and lower side, glue on two 0.5mm aluminium plate with the correct measures. Fill the two gaps with putty, and can still use needle pins to strengthen it. :) Hope you understand my engrish :)

Edited by samuka
  • 2 weeks later...