FAMAS Picture Thread

As my previous contribution to this thread is back on page one, and the link no longer works...

3382946739_66c4850977.jpg

Famas SD front quarter by road_dancer, on Flickr

135557611_622b3b2656.jpg

Famas01 by road_dancer, on Flickr

Internally upgraded to about 320ish FPS, Stanag mag well conversion (only fits hicaps at the mo'), and with G36 top rail.

My other FAMAS project is almost complete externally... Internally, it needs a gearbox, as the motor burnt out, and I need to decide on a tightbore.

6231509370_4f80de5166.jpg

Custom FAMAS DMR WIP by road_dancer, on Flickr

6231507264_8e2f6a57e0.jpg

Custom FAMAS DMR WIP by road_dancer, on Flickr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So R_D those are hands down the best looking FAMASes(? :huh: ) I have seen. The number one thing that has always putt me off is the ridiculous looking (IMO) carry handle on all airsoft versions. I am guessing yours are custom made with G36 rails? Or are there some aftermarket parts that I am unaware of?

Thanks for the comments! I agree that the standard handle looks... Poor. Inspired by both the FAMAS Felin, and Hardcoil's 'Omnicol XA-23' (sadly the site is down now, but I managed to find this on the wayback machine http://web.archive.org/web/20060117031050/http://www.hardcoil.net/airsoft/guns/xa23.html )

Yes, G36c Rail grafted on to the first, after sawing off the standard carry handle. Fitted with a few bits of metal and some body filler, and is rock solid. Also fitted the supressor can to give the impression of an integral supressor.

The DMR version has the P90 lower grafted, inspired by the Omnicol, with the scope rail made out of some scrap metal from an old filing cabinet divider.

Edited by Road_Dancer

On the one with the G36 Rail, it's still there, just cut down. I need to fit an actual handle to it, I was going to go with the HK theme and use an MP5 cocking handle mounted onto the existing cocking handle. But I seem to have lost it... :huh:

On the DMR build, I need to cut a hole in the heat shield (from a 3/4 size Spas 12 springer *laughs*) and mount the charge handle through it. I was going to then mount the original handle at 90 degrees so that it comes out of the right side.

Edited by Road_Dancer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to share this with some other FAMAS enthusiast.

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/develop-a-new-airsoft-version-of-the-famas-g2/3455

If we get a fair amount of votes we might be able to convince some manufacturer to make it happen, we need to spread the initiative!

It is weird to think that a 54 page picture thread includes maybe only 3-4 brands (TM, Maruzen, JP) in it - more than 95% of which is TM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...