Please take this review with whatever pinch of saly you will , im writing this an hour after leaving site so my mindset is still a little uneasy

Details on swat chester website

" This is a players based venue, so to keep this venue secure we will be operating an open at 9.00am and gates will be locked at 9.30am, if you miss this window, you will not gain access, so please plan your route and arrive prompt"

So me and a team mate arrived on site at 9am ,nobody on the gate so we had to make /find our way to the safezone

Upon paying what i would call a premium price to gain my place for the day £25 walk on fee (steep as cerberus is £20 ffz is £15 and other sites i play at are bewteen the two ) i went and got kitted up at 9.15 am ,We were then asked to be cronoed happy day the limit is 350 max , my aeg came in at 348 on the nose 3 times ,, jobs a goodun ,until the marshall wanted to word me about the fps of said rif take it easy with that ...(Now ive been playing for 13 years now and most games i play now have a 350 -370 fps limit so why should i be warned to watch what i do ...never mind im easy going and i use single shot anyways .. Next to me a regular on the site came cronoing his 249 .. bang 368 367 370 fps hot gun me thought , the marshall just let him carry on "keep that to yourself" and when questioned "OH HES A REGULAR "

DOES THIS MAKE IT RIGHT ??

So after hanging around and listening to a safty brief that was more like a punch and judy show the first game started at 10:55 ? why the hold up after paying a fairly heavy gate fee you would have thought the site owners would want the player base to get the most for there money ..

First game .. basicly a building game in one end .. opfor team in the other end in the middle a canister ,you must collect the canister then fight your way out of the building , semi only rule .. My gripe here is while myself and others around me the opfor team (mainly regulars and team swat members decided full auto is permissable to them ) and when hit with a semi round this could just be disgaurded for some reason or other

That game lasted around 35-40 mins then every one back to the safe zone for a short break . ? 20 mins this being like 12 pm now and when in the car park noticed other players just turning up (thought there was no access after 9:30 )

Game two dragged back across site , from our last position ,to a larger single story building around 150 -200 metres long ,open entering the building like everyone else it was basicly a large warehouse with a few small rooms of the main warehouse and around 50 pallets stood up to make makeshift barriers/ defences / so i had an idea well how wrong i was , our team were hurded into a small room in the back of the warehouse and told that we were on semi .. While the opfor had control of the warehouse, out side the room we were in, and we had to fight our way out ,they on the other hand had use of full auto ( ok why ? ) so game on

On opening the door all hell broke loose bbs everywhere no where to go, saving private ryan !! When the opfor player did take there hit they had to fall back into the next room behind them to regen, but then could move back forward to the room they were just in ,thus making it nigh-on impossible to make anyheadway from the small room we were in ,this lasted around 10 mins before i walked away ,one because when you did get the drop on a player he was very unlikly to take the hit without resorting to a retaliatory brust and "i got you too mate "

Now when back at the safe zone i de-kitted my mind made up and in to have a chat with the marshall on the dest .. when i got my points accross ,basicly what ive posted here my responce was well ok bye then ,

Now i knew that this was a cqb site and the games were "short fast paced "games ,what i didnt know is that i would pay my green fee to allow the home team and regulars to have someone they could empty plastic at without doing the same in kind

I will say i have been softing now for 13 years and ive also planed games and marshall games at two sites for over 2 years and to this day i have never walked away from a site after paying my money (im a tight sod ! )

Now the site may have a lot of scope for more indepth games its a shame they dont use more of the site

Now these are my opinions which im intitled to and not those of others , just a straight forward take on what i saw today

In answer to the question are you SWAT or not ?

My answer is simple..NOT! .. it would have to be a cold day in hell before i went back

Edited by docs90
  • 1 month later...

I'm quite shocked that you had such a bad experience... I was present on the day in question (and will have been on your team... You might have seen me... I'm very short wearing green/black with an M4 running around too much... and a pink star on my hat :)) - Before I go further, I should make note that I'm not affiliated with the staff or running of the site, I am just a regular player who has had nothing but a good experience playing at both of SWAT's sites...

My team are renowned for turning up late... (Albeit on the 30th we were there before 9 and very shocked!) We usually get there closer to 10! and have only once had problems with the gates... There is a security guard who they hire to sit in his car and supervise the gates... I've only once had to wake him up! :)

I'm not entirely sure why you had to pay £25... I've only ever paid £20 at the CQB site and £10 at their woodland wite...

As for the chrono situation... I've never seen a hot gun allowed at either of their sites... The marshalls have always been very strict on FPS, although none of my AEGs chrono over 340 (the majority are 240-270) so I've personally never had an issue with it... Allowing a player to break the rules because he is a regular is not good karma... and is something I've never seen at SWAT (I'm not saying your lying, I've just never witnessed it)

There was a post recently on the SWAT forums about new chrono procedures being implemented, they have 3 seperate chrono's I'm not sure if I'm right in thinking they will chrono a rif in each and work out the average?

The safety briefing is obviously (espescially for new players, or those unfamilliar with SWAT's rules) a very important and fundamental part of the day. it is taken a little tongue in cheek, but I feel it does get the message accross, and shows players the light hearted attitude which the SWAT crew and players in general have...

The first game of the day is (at least on every game I've been too at Saighton) the one you described... Two teams enter the CQB block, a red canister is placed in the center which is the objective for both teams. It has always been semi only... I've only ever seen the occasional accidental burst fired in there...

The game you mentioned in the "hospital" was the "Jail break" game, it was the first time I'd played it, And I'll admit it was a little one sided at the start... The attackers were only allowed semi in the small rooms, but were allowed to fire auto out of the doors into the main rooms, and the defenders where allowed auto in the main rooms but only semi fire through the doorway into the smaller rooms... A little confusing... And I accept that sometimes it was ignored/forgotten and auto was coming into the doorway... But with the adrenaline going and that inevitable one player who didn't listen to the game brief... It was bound to happen... It was a massive bottleneck getting out of the first door into the smaller area of the large rooms, but I had a fantastic time repeatedly running through trying my luck... I still have the welts from that game... 4 weeks later! It was fierce and painful... But I loved it!

When the defenders were hit and fell back they weren't allowed to push back forwards... It's similar to rules SWAT uses in a couple of different games on both sites...

Where you mentioned not using more of the site, there is one game that's usually nicknamed "The street game" where the defending team has to hold several objectives (Usually brick bunkers etc) while the attackers have to fight their way pretty much around the whole site... (through the officers mess, up the street (either side of) the buildings across from the hospital, around the far end of the hospital, towards the back of the CQB block and then straight through that... It's a long, aggressive and very fun game... If you'd have stuck around for that your opinion might have been swayed (Although we were attacking and were thoroughly getting pasted that day... ;) and it rained!)

I've not been playing quite aslong as you... (nearly in the double figures!) I have also helped run sites, and marshalled, I have also played at some not so great sites and in the company of less than desireable players, which has tainted my view of said sites... So I can understand your feelings...

However I'd like to hear what your thoughts are now after you've had time to calm and digest the day some...

I'm in no way trying to offend you with this post, nor am I trying to change your opinion of the site, I just wanted to voice my views...

Not offences taken matey .. every one is entitled to there opinion , if your a member on the manc as forum , my review was pasted there too . well worth a read , but since then my thoughts on the day havent differed in the slightest ,i will not be returning simple as

But each to there own

steve

• 6 months later...

Somewhat old thread but thought Id add my opinion.

Ive only really been airsofting whilst at Uni and decided it was time to check out the sites near my parents house and Saighton camp is very local. So me and my more experienced mate went back over easter and tried out 3 sites, this being the second.

We too read the gates warning so arrived promptly to be greeted by an unattended wide open gate. As for finding the safe zone there is a map on their site indicating where to go although it is relatively simple.

The safe zone was pretty well equipped and we soon settled in and got set up. Had a few of the regulars around us who got talking to us and were really friendly.

We joined the queue to sign in and got talking to some more of the guys who again were nice and friendly.

We then looked to get chronoed and couldnt find it going on anywhere so asked a marshall, who asked what I was shooting "335fps", "thats fine mate" and did the same for my mate. Not sure how I felt about that as I know we were both shooting happily under the limits but couldnt say the same for everyone else.

The safety brief was fine imo, Ive had them from 4 different site organisers now and thought there was nothing wrong with this. Granted it was a tad theatrical but it got all the important info across to the two new players we had brought along who knew exactly what was going on afterwards.

First game started promptly after - about 10ish and was an attackers push the defenders along the 'highstreet' (i think they called it) then back into the compound and clear out the hospital. It was a good game and really got me in the mood for the rest of the day.

The next games followed suit and had a nice change of pace ranging from wide open defence across a field to me and two other guys being the last on our team holding small corridor to defend the VIP.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the day and wouldnt hesitate to go back again, neither would any of the other 3 members of our party.