Glass pint glasses to be banned in the UK

DesertFoxRomel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's adding to the necropost but...

Experienced the wrath of a plastic pint glass about 2 weeks ago, I didn't even realise he'd given me one (since it looked the same, with the usual "T" logo on it) and only realised when I tasted the beer.

Two words: God awful.

Might have had more to do with the Tennants that was in the plastic glass, no?

But if you think about it it's gunna be harder to hit someone with a glass with a handle, it'll just swing round in your hand if you're holding it properly or *fruitcage* up your hand just as much as the person's face you hit if you're not. Not that I'm condoning hitting people in the face with cups...

I work in a nightclub and have yet to see anyone use a glass as a weapon. Bottles tend to be used as they are easy to throw, swing and if broken, stab with. I have no issues with banning glass bottles in pubs/clubs as it tends to be tart fuel (which are little stronger than a soft drink any how) that comes in those.

Edit: Oh, and cider just tastes wrong in a plastic container, that would be a crime in itself

• 3 weeks later...

leather Jacks FTW or back to Pewter...

Any way of making a visible impact the current out of touch dishonourable harman led loosers will band wagon it...

The main problem is not a new plastic pot but the used ones... the heat retention from washing ruins most drinks

i was at a bar last week

some *rickroll* bumped into my friend and my mate explained to him that he spilt his beer and knocked into him the least he should do is say sorry, this guy turned around picked up a pint glass and smashed it straight onto my friends face just missing his eye, cut him rather badly

It was completely un expected and uncalled for

He managed to run before any of us could catch him then the police turn up and stop us and question us when we did nothing wrong and this guy got away because of the stupid cops !

Archived