Glass pint glasses to be banned in the UK

DesertFoxRomel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love our government at times, I really do.

People are being glassed.. we won't attempt to get the route of this and try and solve binge drinking fueled violence but we will ban glass instead. What next? Ban the lighter because they're used in arson attacks? >_>

i kinda get the idea behind it

if there is a fight in a pub then a glass is the most common weapon (every one is holding one anyway)

they are kinda dangerous and you can trow them(its a long range weapon compared to a knife (its not like you are going to trow your gsm against someone in a fight))

Anyone remember that part in Chronicles of Riddick where Vin Diesel kills someone with a teacup?

So rather than a one-use weapon I can now have something to repeatedly slam into someone's face.

Bonus.

"Nick Verebelyi, the designer in charge of delivering the new pint, said they were looking at two approaches...

... One is to coat the glass with a substance that will make sure the glass doesn't shatter into pieces when it is broken - that could be a plastic material for example."

"... We could do something more radical, by looking at the whole shape and substance of the pint - we could come up with something that is completely different to glass. "

New design, sounds pretty sturdy whatever it may be!

Because the plastic bottles are made at a different distillery to the glass ones. Ever notice how coke in a bottle tastes different to the stuff in a can? Its not cos the metal changes the taste, its because they make it with different water(or should that be "Dasani"?).

They will not replace the glass with the paper thin plastic you get at clubs. They're talking about making a reusable solution to the pint glass "problem". Would be somewhat pro global warming to say, "here, use these throw away non-renewable carbon fuel made POS to litter the countryside with".

This might be funny for you Americans, but frankly, this makes me want to go and kill every member of parliament with objects they think are safe. Think it might be easier to leave the country...

Come on, back in 1997 Labour wanted to make all pub glasses from safety glass, like in your car's side windows, so if they're smashed, they turn into tiny safe cubes to be brushed away.

Unfortunately, safety glass isn't dishwasher safe, after being heated, it's no longer safe, instead it could shatter into shards just by picking it up.

Another great idea from this stupid government.

my bar uses a hot dishwasher...

we had one of the "indistructible" plastic glasses to try it out... it took us three nights of "work" to destroy it...

as for darts being banned... I used to have a velcro dart game when I was a kid... :P

Archived