XBOX 360 Halo 3: ODST Trailer (Live Action)

Victory

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to let you guys know, because some of you seem to be in the dark still, Steven Spielberg IS producing a halo movie. they guy really wants to see that the movie is made, so he grabed the writer for one of the novels (the flashback one about Reynolds and his team) and is making a movie adaptation about that novel (i believe this is a rumor though that it will be about that specific novel, it came from IGN). i dont know if they found one yet, but Spielberg is looking for a director.

BLOWkamp has nothing to do with this tailor, he despises halo.

cant wait to see the full length version.

what makes me excited that its being made about that novel is that in one part, they introduce a rail gun and totally obliterate a terrorist. they shoot the bolt through a parking structure, a highway and another building before the bolt just makes the guy explode (i read this from an excerpt, so dont start discussing the book with me). hopefully they put that part in the movie and hopefully, there are more interesting parts like that.

THEY NEED TO MAKE THE *fruitcage* FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Halo the entire series so much so that when I pre-orderd Halo 3 Legendary Edition and found out that it didnt come with the limited edition art work book that came with the one below I had to buy that aswell lol so all in all i spent about £140 on Halo 3 lol.

Im especially looking forward to ODST as Ive allways thought they are so cool, such 'hardcore' marines lol + the armour looks very cool.

Blompkamp doesnt 'despise' halo per se, he was told by studio heads they had no faith in him even though he was vouched for by Peter Jackson, had a great script by Alex Garland, and did the 'landfall' shorts.

So, he (understandably) told them to *fruitcage* off and went and made one of the most groundbreaking sci fi films ever (DIstrict 9) instead.

A Spielberg Halo would suck. Almost as much as the Spielberg remake of Oldboy is going to suck. They should get down on their knees and plead Jackson to come back and do it, as without Weta its going to be *albartroth*.

A film is going to be a glorifed cut scene though isn't it?

Halo works as a video game, as a film it would just be shallow trash.

Kinda like making 2001 into a fps.

Unless the writers created a storyline about a specific unit that culminated in the creation of the ODST unit as a whole due to the alien threat, which could then go on to explain the creation of the legend that became the Chief. If they did it as a no holds barred look at a future war that also focused on the strain and trauma that was inflicted, I think it would work pretty good.

It certainly wouldn't work as a single film as it would most likely be "Hollywoodised".

Whatever happens, pray to God that Uwe Boll doesn't get the rights!

He is negotiations, which is very different from "is producing"

Personally I hope they don't, it would suck.

ah, i did check this and you are correct. but, Spielberg is very chummy with microsoft, i doubt it will be hard for him to get the rights.

however, i did find that the movie will be based on the novel i mentioned (the title being "the fall of reach").

i dont see how you guys could be against a movie, if you didnt like the games then this wont effect you in any way. besides, the halo universe is a lot deeper than the small window that was the games, there are plenty of great novels that explain a lot more, it isn't ALL about th cheif.

ah, i did check this and you are correct. but, Spielberg is very chummy with microsoft, i doubt it will be hard for him to get the rights.

however, i did find that the movie will be based on the novel i mentioned (the title being "the fall of reach").

i dont see how you guys could be against a movie, if you didnt like the games then this wont effect you in any way. besides, the halo universe is a lot deeper than the small window that was the games, there are plenty of great novels that explain a lot more, it isn't ALL about th cheif.

I'm against the movie could it will almost definitely suck *albatross*, halo is a very simple FPS, the story is not deep at all. About the only theme you could possibly explore with it would be maybe some stuff about religious extremism but thats about it.

Maybe I'm dumb but I enjoy the extended trailer much more. It feels like a movie, the other one looks like a music video.

EDIT: Spedz: The website was targeted by an internet raid and votes were given to the most hated characters. Don't worry, people like Master Chief :lol:

I'm against the movie could it will almost definitely suck *albatross*, halo is a very simple FPS, the story is not deep at all. About the only theme you could possibly explore with it would be maybe some stuff about religious extremism but thats about it.

Maybe the actual video game, but the books could make a few good movies. Having read all of them so far, they have very good, deep story lines that delve deeper into the halo universe. I'd like to see a movie based off of "The Cole Protocal", "The Ghosts of Onyx", and "The Fall of Reach", I feel those would make the best movies :)

Archived