XBOX 360 Halo 3: ODST Trailer (Live Action)

Victory

EDIT: Spedz: The website was targeted by an internet raid and votes were given to the most hated characters. Don't worry, people like Master Chieflaugh.gif

I didn't know it was a raid, but I do know a large anonymous amount of people Voted for Bub and Bob.

[edit] I too voted for Bub and Bob, just because it's Bub et Bob. *fruitcage* year bubble bobble.

Has anyone seen this yet> It's a sort of short film based on the Half:Life thiny-me-bob. Not bad, not bad at all.

Now where near as cool

bro.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the actual video game, but the books could make a few good movies. Having read all of them so far, they have very good, deep story lines that delve deeper into the halo universe. I'd like to see a movie based off of "The Cole Protocal", "The Ghosts of Onyx", and "The Fall of Reach", I feel those would make the best movies :)

gratsi, cause the subject matter of the movie is based on the fall of reach.

well, being that its a long *albatross* fictional war, its got plenty of possabilities. but based on the commentary of the trailor, it takes place over the story line of the 3 games. maybe is about the actions of all the other soldiers during the chief's pivotal role.

based on the line "from the beginning, you know how it ends".

From a Mney standpoint, someone is puring a ton of cash into these live action trailers, or at least it sure looks like it.

Heck the first trailer had full armor as well, plus mock up battle rifles, and a full warthog, I think the say a Movie still isnt possible is quite close minded.

Im going to take a shot in the dark, regardless of what the internet says, or even if nothing has been heard, Im going to wager the halo movie will relaease with Halo : Reach in 2010. I mean think about it Peter jackson was the original guy, and look what he just did, District 9, which oddly enough contained oddly shaped aliens right next to humans.....trial run anyone? As It really wouldnt be hard to adapt the Prawns shape to that of an elites.....

Maybe that is all just conspiracy esque bull, but heck...it could happen

But as someone said....movie is the same as the new game, but heck who knows, the halo storyline is a really good one anyway so movies could happen....it sorta reminds me of the political premises of Starship troopers....maybe just a little more grown up.

IMO Fall of reach and Ghost of Onyx are the best, Onxy REALLY expands the halo universe, WAY beyond anything the games ever had. Fall of reach just has some of the most Bada** moments ever like the planet cracker bomb they cook up.

Neill Blomkamp 'did' district 9 all Jacskon did was produce it.

And as for District 9 being a trial run for the Halo movie (which is CANCELLED BTW thats what Jackson and Blomkamp wre in S.A. for), get a grip and look for 'Alive in Jo'burg' on Youtube.

Btw the political premise of starships troopers was 'facist policy is good and it works' at least in the book, the movies were WAAAAAAAY watered down on that point.

Is it just me, or is the "extended version" not really much longer than the other one? I can't see how it would be any worse or better.

what makes me excited that its being made about that novel is that in one part, they introduce a rail gun and totally obliterate a terrorist. they shoot the bolt through a parking structure, a highway and another building before the bolt just makes the guy explode (i read this from an excerpt, so dont start discussing the book with me). hopefully they put that part in the movie and hopefully, there are more interesting parts like that.

I'm not sure which novel you were thinking of before, but that specific part is from Contact Harvest, which gives some backstory on Sgt. Johnson, and details the early encounters with the Covenant on Harvest.

Unless the writers created a storyline about a specific unit that culminated in the creation of the ODST unit as a whole due to the alien threat, which could then go on to explain the creation of the legend that became the Chief. If they did it as a no holds barred look at a future war that also focused on the strain and trauma that was inflicted, I think it would work pretty good.

I'm pretty sure that's definitely not how it all went down. It would suck if they made a movie based on that idea.

I'm against the movie could it will almost definitely suck *albatross*, halo is a very simple FPS, the story is not deep at all. About the only theme you could possibly explore with it would be maybe some stuff about religious extremism but thats about it.

The short bit of story shown in the Halo games is not much at all, just enough to interest someone. The Halo universe is, in fact, quite deep with much material that could be used to make a quality movie.

If someone could do it, Ghosts of Onyx would be a fantastic movie! I think if someone should make a movie, they should keep the story away from the main Halo figures.

Cover something we've never seen before, ya' know?

That way no one could complain about Halo being all about Master Chief as well.

HALO ODST AM BESTESREST GAEM EVAR!

I've just spent an hour avoiding phonecalls from people saying I need to be in the pub, playing it.

Legendary firefight mode? For an hour? 5 skulls on, and attempting to take down double health Hunters with a suppressed pistol?

Damn. I need a drink or seven to recover from this.

HALO ODST AM BESTESREST GAEM EVAR!

I've just spent an hour avoiding phonecalls from people saying I need to be in the pub, playing it.

Legendary firefight mode? For an hour? 5 skulls on, and attempting to take down double health Hunters with a suppressed pistol?

Damn. I need a drink or seven to recover from this.

Oh yeah, that ain't easy. Wait until you get to all seven skulls. This game is great.

Archived