XBOX 360 Halo 3: ODST Trailer (Live Action)

Victory

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think am the only person that doesn't like the trailer for this game (After having watched it a few times now), I hope they don't make it into a film if that trailer is anything to go by.

Am made up that Halo was not made, as we may not have got District 9, which for me would have been a sin for that film not to have been made.

ODST is pretty win, but I rate it could have been better if done on a different engine. However, I know it's essentially just an expansion pack, but I really enjoyed it :) just played through the campaign for the second time so my brother could get all the outfits for Firefight on co-op.

If anyone else is on XBox Live and fancies a game, add me and shoot me an invite. I'm Lex The Bear (with spaces).

Story was a bit short, No?

No shorter than Halo 3, really. Even though there's no real multiplayer, I still think it was worth it. After all, how different could ODST's multi be anyways?

Bungie actually considers this a full game, since it got a lot longer as they were working on it. It was originally supposed to be only 3 hours long or so.

I'll give it this, Legendary is a lot harder than it was in Halo 3, as it should be. Unforgiving. I actually got through Halo 3 Legendary easier than I did on Heroic.

Even though it was my favorite gun, I don't miss the Battle Rifle at all.

I was just wondering who the hell was Sadie, then I realised....haven't collected all the audio logs yet, so I'm still waiting for her story to unfold... :P

Also, ODST is way shorter than Halo 3. I completed ODST in a day, compared to my average of around 2 days per game, and Halo 3 took me longer than that, probably around 3. Plus, it's been stated by Bungie themselves that it's essentially an expansion pack that became a bit bigger than expected.

Took me a few hours to do on heroic, short but was still good and firefight more than makes up for it :) That and a new halo 3 multiplayer disk was much appreciated as my old one is well worn out. Next time i run through the campaign im going to watch more of whats happening in the background (eg the starships around the dig site) and admire the city a bit more, bungie have done a excellent job on it.

Played it as a break from creating an information brochure for med school, here's my thoughts (some spoilers)

- On Heroic, you DEFINITELY feel human when you are battling two Hunters at the same time...esp. when the brutes and jackal snipers haven't left the area yet

- VISR mode was pretty cool to me, how it combined night vision and motion tracking and made the lonely city really come alive

- Could have used at least some sort of cover mechanic similar to Killzone to emphasize how different you are from the chief, feels kinda odd when you see your guys as well as brutes flattened against walls and peeking out to fire but you can't do that

- Interesting how you can pick up heavy weapons like the chain gun and multi missile launcher even though you're not the chief

- There are points in the game so far that have you going at it alone in some very Master Chief style situations, at least I could have used some significant Call of Duty style backup, after all, this game is built on all ODSTs, not just one super soldier.

- How come you can't use equipment in the game like the Bubble Shield?

- Interesting how you can pick up heavy weapons like the chain gun and multi missile launcher even though you're not the chief

- How come you can't use equipment in the game like the Bubble Shield?

- If I remember correctly the ODSTs have been pumped full of steroids themselves, like a step down from the SPARTANS

- I think they were trying to keep it simple for a 'regular' soldier's POV, where they wouldn't take the time to pick up a gadget and deploy it/lug it around but instead just run and gun and hide.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I've been watching these little live action interview type things involing charachters of the game. Quite interesting, especially the mind view screen on the right. I thought that was quite cool.

http://cdn.haloodst.xbox.com/odst/index.html

Archived