How did you decide which gear to choose?

jingernut

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first started airsofting I wore the same gear I had when I served in the Army, got bored of DPM very quickly.

DPM smock, trousers, tac vest with army issue "go faster" boots. Used a TM SR15 as there wasnt any L85 models then.

Got rid of the DPM

Changed to US woodland M81 with LBV & US jungle boots, new M4 model & M249.

Got rid of the LBV, kept the M81. Got a BULLE CIRAS in tan with pouches, RAID modded the shirt & Converse side zip boots & Safariland holsters (2).

Got some DCU 3 colour RAID modded shirts, used the BULLE CIRAS & boots & holsters with both BDU's.

Weapons varying from AK types to AR types to M14

Buying more pouches.

Sold the BULLE vest & bought a EI PC with cummerbund, starting to think more seriously on impressions.

Now looking kind of like early 2000 US SF in both M81 & DCU.

Buying more pouches.

Put together a PJ loadout as best I could using most of the kit I already had but added a MICH, climbing/rapelling harness.

In the process of putting together an almost complete modern US Ranger loadout, just waiting on items to arrive (no thanks to the postal strike).

I live with my flatmate & we tend to do the same loadouts (team mates too) so we tend to have a lot of kit which takes up a lot of room as I am sure most of you know!

Archived