5ku Clone Revolver Launcher

Hi ho. First off apologies for any bad english and punctuation, my spelling is good, but I hate writing ' proper ' so I wont try :)

I had this ordered since about the 20th of July, literally as soon as Ebaybanned were showing them in stock.

Now, an £86 posted revolver? YES! . Unfortunately due to release dates being pushed back, I didnt actually receive this until about the 4th of September.. A long wait ? Yes! Worth it ? Yes and NO.

The build is solid, not spectacular, for the price it is definately OKAY, but compared to the original CAW launcher, its really not up to the same standards.

The metal is cheap, it is 100% cast pig metal. A few steel bars connect the front plate and barrel to the rear plate and trigger unit.

It is exactley 100% identical to the CAW. Trigger mechanism, wind mechanism. Size, weight is pretty close though I dont have one to hand. Also it has fitted the quick release sling tubes. Nice touch.

The trigger mech plate seems to have a screw in the wrong place, which upon winding and firing, sometimes sticks. I just gave this a bit of a grind down to smooth any edges out, and it seems okay now.

NOW, for the worst part of the gun.

THE BARRELS DONT ALLOW MOSCARTS TO FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bloody buggers have seen fit to have a step down inside each barrel where the shell goes. I have tried King arms shells and POM shells so far. Neither have any hope of fitting.

Now this isnt a huge problem for me, I have the tools and know-how to grind down the barrels to make the shells fit, but for alot of people im sure this wont be an option.

I have done three so far, but my bits have worn down or snapped. More on the way!!

In short conclusion. Buy this, but be prepared to cut it up to make it work.

POM shells are your friend, as the weight of any 6 shooter is just mad.

This one is infact being hacked up, and chopped up. It is being made into the Russian version: Rg-6.

Thanks for reading, any questions, fire away!!

( PS, got a 25 quid import charge ).

And now for a few dodgy pics!

DSCF6118.jpg

DSCF6119.jpg

DSCF6120.jpg

DSCF6122.jpg

DSCF6123-1.jpg

DSCF6126-1.jpg

DSCF6127-1.jpg

I 've order one of these but it didn't come yet. Having compatability problems with 40mm shells is big problem though. I have only two madbull XM204 which i will try but i would be pretty furious if i bought six shells that didn't fit in this. So what does fit without modding it? If somebody finds out please post!

Edited by Pantelis

I will have finished drilling out the barrels to fit by the time I have access to move shells, but I am getting a set of calipers on thursday so I will give an exact measurement of the inner tube to be sure.

Grinding it down isnt difficult, just really boring and totally depressing. " WAHEY brand new launcher, bugger need to cut lots and lots of plastic off it with power tools to make it work " .

Bit depressing, but hey ho.

Edited by Blood-Clot

I picked up a CAW one today. Got it from a nice chap on the forum :)

I got it just to be sure I had one for a cqb weekender up here in Scotland.

The differences are amazing.

In the clone there are corners cut, dodgy screwhole choices and bad build quality in abundance. Not to mention the fact that my POM shells dont fit. I will be checking to see if they fit in the CAW tonight.

I am confident I can fix up the clone to be CLOSE to the quality and performance of the CAW.. will be a bit of a job, but worth it.

Couple things to note that Clot ain't mentioned yet:

The shell tubes are definately a lot tighter than the CAW one - POM shells slide in and out of the CAW launcher nicely, but they're a tight fit in the clone even after he widened the tubes.

The trigger mechanism is very much nicer on the CAW original to use - it has a crisp pull and the next tube quickly rotates into place with a satisfying clunk after each pull. In comparison, the clone has a heavy trigger pull and feels sluggish - the cylinder doesn't seem to rotate quite as fast either (slightly weaker winding spring maybe).

The wind-up mechanism does work perfectly on the clone though, and when fully wound will easily rotate the tubes more then enough for the 6 shots - 24-25 shots before the spring starts to lose tension, about 30 in total before it needs rewound.

Dunno if Madbull Moscarts would fit or not by the way. We used to have a couple kicking about the flat, and they were slightly narrower than the KA/POM shells, but Clot sold em a while ago.

Plus I didn't see what size the clone launcher shell tubes were before he started attacking them with the dremel. :P

Well...today i got mine.Build quality is poor but i thing it will hold. I tried to fit my XM204 co2 madbull shells but their length it too big. However the diameter is correct since on the firing tube i had a perfect fit. So i guess that shorter madbull shells will fit 100%. I going to order 6 stinger shells...

Edited by Pantelis